News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[Wii] Kirby's Epic Yarn - "Toy Tracks" by mastersuperfan

Started by Zeta, January 08, 2016, 06:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Kirby
Game: Kirby's Epic Yarn
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: Toy Tracks
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mastersuperfan

[attachment deleted by admin]

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Looks good! I'd recommend sprinkling in a fair amount of staccatos, though. The piece has a crisp, bossa-nova feel that's lost without the articulations. Also, you might want to consider dropping an octave to a single note when the hand has a large jump in a brief span of time; notably, measures 20 and 21 have the hand jump down nearly a full octave and then back up.
Nice job on this!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Altissimo

In addition to Dudeman's suggestions (staccatos all the way yo) also put the percussion line in m. 2 into the arrangement - I'd do it as C's below the bass clef staff personally (and then a high C for the whistle thing at the end I guess) but it's up to your discretion. The measure sounds notably empty without it.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Dudeman on January 08, 2016, 07:29:02 PMLooks good! I'd recommend sprinkling in a fair amount of staccatos, though. The piece has a crisp, bossa-nova feel that's lost without the articulations. Also, you might want to consider dropping an octave to a single note when the hand has a large jump in a brief span of time; notably, measures 20 and 21 have the hand jump down nearly a full octave and then back up.
Nice job on this!

Updated. Should I do the same in m9, 17, and 33 perhaps? Or is that jump playable enough to be worth keeping?

Quote from: Altissimo on January 08, 2016, 07:40:58 PMIn addition to Dudeman's suggestions (staccatos all the way yo) also put the percussion line in m. 2 into the arrangement - I'd do it as C's below the bass clef staff personally (and then a high C for the whistle thing at the end I guess) but it's up to your discretion. The measure sounds notably empty without it.

I agree that it sounds empty, but I'm reluctant to make this change since the percussion isn't pitched in the original. Maybe I could notate the pianist hitting their legs with their hands or something? (What is that even called?)

How about I make the pianist shout to make that weird noise in m2 beat 4
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Dudeman

Quote from: mastersuperfan on January 09, 2016, 04:53:15 PMUpdated. Should I do the same in m9, 17, and 33 perhaps? Or is that jump playable enough to be worth keeping?
It's a sixth, which is more doable. If it was me, I'd keep it, but try playing it on a nearby piano and see if you think it's reasonable.
QuoteI agree that it sounds empty, but I'm reluctant to make this change since the percussion isn't pitched in the original. Maybe I could notate the pianist hitting their legs with their hands or something? (What is that even called?)
I've run into notating percussion before on some of my Mega Man arrangements, since the bass channel was often used to make a sound similar to a line of tom drums being hit before a cymbal crash. In this case, I think the piece would be better off rather than worse if you added in a line of low C's for the cowbell hits. I'd drop the whooping sound, though.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bespinben

Even if the percussion isn't pitched, you can still round it to the nearest approximation. G is the best candidate, since it serves as a common tone between the C major tonic (C, E, G) and G major dominant (G, B, D).

You just gotta have a little fun with it!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Bespinben on January 09, 2016, 06:08:28 PMEven if the percussion isn't pitched, you can still round it to the nearest approximation. G is the best candidate, since it serves as a common tone between the C major tonic (C, E, G) and G major dominant (G, B, D).

You just gotta have a little fun with it!

Added in. I think the percussion itself sounds closer to a B or a C, but the G sounds just as good.

Quote from: Dudeman on January 09, 2016, 05:10:08 PMI'd drop the whooping sound, though.

Left it out. It's just so... so... weird.

Bespinben

The song follows an A-A-B-A-C-D form, so therefore a repeat system could be devised that would account for the repetition of A, thus shortening the sheet. Additionally, Finale's default "beam 8ths in groups of 4" setting is not reliable in all situations, so some manual beam splitting is necessary, particularly for places where the "in 4" beams are over rests.

Try this:
[MID] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot