Th3Gavst3r's Arrangements (Beer 3/17)

Started by Th3Gavst3r, January 05, 2016, 05:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Nebbles on January 19, 2016, 03:59:35 PMJamming out to your Dummy arrangement - I love it!

Glad you like it! It's definitely my favorite song I've done so far, even though I'm still not quite happy with the arrangement

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Damn, that's some niiice organization. Totally gonna steal that, if you don't mind ;D
Your arrangements are also pretty cool m8
what is shitpost

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Pianist Da Sootopolis on January 24, 2016, 11:15:41 AMDamn, that's some niiice organization. Totally gonna steal that, if you don't mind ;D
Your arrangements are also pretty cool m8

Feel free! At least if I never do anything else, I can beautify the internet with nice-looking lists

Th3Gavst3r

Added a bunch of obscure songs from Undertale, including secret hidden unused music. So spooky.

Th3Gavst3r

Six new songs today!

Pokémon Pinball
  • Ghastly in the Graveyard
  • Haunter in the Graveyard
  • Whack Dugtrio
Super Pitfall
  • Dark World
  • Ending
Undertale
  • Anticipation

Th3Gavst3r

Couple new games here

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak

Clubhouse
Hamtaro Time (Title Screen)

[NDS] Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Obtained an Item!
Victory! (Wild Pokémon)

Th3Gavst3r

More new stuff! I'm still a little iffy on the typesetting for Item Obtained, if you can think of improvements I'd appreciate it!

[GBA] Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak

Boutique Ham
Ham-Chat Dictionary
Ham-Swap
Map
Menu

[GCN] Star Fox: Adventures

Item Obtained!

Altissimo

Boutique Ham: ah yes one of my favorite pieces. Nice job! Though, I'm hearing an additional layer, following the melody's contours but with different notes, in m. 1-4 (p sure it's doubling one one of the other harmonies at the octave?) I'm also preeeeeetty sure I hear some additional harmonies maybe a 3rd below the melody from the last half of m. 12-to the end? I definitely hear it at the beginning of the triplets in m. 17 but I might be wrong about the rest of it. I'm bad at hearing harmonies ahaha
If you want me to try and find those harmonies, I can, or you can do it yourself if you want lol
Also, B-naturals in m. 1-2 should be C-flats.

Ham-Chat Dictionary: Hey, you included the percussion. That's more than I can say for my Ham-Hams Unite arrangement lmao. Nice job!

Ham-Swap: This is in G-flat (6 flats). As you might imagine, this makes all the C-flats into part of the key sig, and all the B-nats can be rewritten as C-flats. The other accidentals are fine though. Sounds good! This is an excellent transcription haha

Map: If I were you, I'd incorporate slurs into the parts where the eighth notes are held out a little into the next one, just to make it obvious to the player what the style is. But that's a personal preference and you don't have to do it - it sounds technically correct as is.

Menu: Simple and easy. Nice. :D

Th3Gavst3r

Boutique Ham: I'm pretty sure the intro is an octave split from the melody. I left it out at first because it sounded kind of off key and low pitched like some sort of background reverb effect, but I tried it out and I think it does make the arrangement sound more accurate. For 12 to the end I'm 99% sure the other voice is octaves again, but I don't think it's worth sacrificing ease of expression by putting the octaves in, especially around the slurred triplets.

Ham-Chat Dictionary: I try to at least give the player something to do with both hands.Idle hands are the devil's workshop... Usually in songs with just one voice there's some simple percussion to back it up, but sometimes like in Menu the rhythm feels too complicated to tap out :-\ They can always fist-pump lol

Ham-Swap: Fixed it. I remember thinking "C-flats? No way, nobody uses C-flats..."

Map: I do usually do that, guess I forgot

Menu: Yus :D

Altissimo

Quote from: Th3Gavst3r on March 09, 2016, 05:56:38 PMBoutique Ham: I'm pretty sure the intro is an octave split from the melody. I left it out at first because it sounded kind of off key and low pitched like some sort of background reverb effect, but I tried it out and I think it does make the arrangement sound more accurate. For 12 to the end I'm 99% sure the other voice is octaves again, but I don't think it's worth sacrificing ease of expression by putting the octaves in, especially around the slurred triplets.

Fair enough on the latter point! Just wanted to make sure you were at least aware of them.

QuoteHam-Chat Dictionary: I try to at least give the player something to do with both hands.Idle hands are the devil's workshop... Usually in songs with just one voice there's some simple percussion to back it up, but sometimes like in Menu the rhythm feels too complicated to tap out :-\ They can always fist-pump lol

you have experience with percussion notation though
now help me with boo manor
(i'm serious lmao)

QuoteHam-Swap: Fixed it. I remember thinking "C-flats? No way, nobody uses C-flats..."

Well, you could also put the piece into F# major (6 sharps, F C G D A E) if you wanted... :p then you wouldn't have C-flats but you would have E-sharps so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Th3Gavst3r

Quote from: Altissimo on March 09, 2016, 06:04:54 PMyou wouldn't have C-flats but you would have E-sharps so
Oh God, there's no escape

Th3Gavst3r

[NES] The Flintstones: The Rescue of Dino & Hoppy

Title Theme & Ending

Today I bring you the Grand-Dad of high quality arrangements.

Zeila

Are you sure that this video isn't the right one instead? It appears that you are mistaken (good job btw)

Th3Gavst3r

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel