LeviR.star

Two can play this game, Zeila.

Dude Man (In-Game)

Dude Man (Recolored Sprite)

Dude Man (Game Boy Sprite)

Ergonomic Seating/E. Seating (Weapon)

And of course, his stage theme, (I found this most appropriate): Dude Man Stage

Your move.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

Yes.
but why tho

Also I'm just going to point out that although the sprite can technically fit under NES limitations, it does waste a lot of texture space and uses up more sprites than it should.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

LeviR.star

Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

WaluigiTime64

One does not just make a bunch of Dudeman-based things and becomes Dudeman's new favourite.
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 24, 2017, 05:07:39 PMAlso I'm just going to point out that although the sprite can technically fit under NES limitations, it does waste a lot of texture space and uses up more sprites than it should.

Texture space?

WaluigiTime64

More so animation space than texture space, but essentially:

Every sprite and block is comprised of 8 x 8 pixel tiles. Only a certain amount of these can be loaded into the memory bank of a screen at once, so it is up to the artists to confine their textures to suit these. Sprites are more lenient than blocks, as they can use the 8 x 8 tiles in more unique ways (as opposed to being restricted to 2(8) x 2(8) "blocks"), but in exchange there can only be half as many sprite tiles in the memory bank for a hallway (because Mega Man himself (and Rush) takes up the other half). Often only a few different kinds of sprites appear in a hallway because of this. In a boss scenario, the boss (including their projectiles and animation frames) take up all of these texture frames, but are still restricted as a result of being large. Like other sprites, boss sprites take up as much of each individual tile as they can (as opposed to wasting 3/4 of one), and so they are able to have maximum efficiency. Your sprite as it stands right now is 20 x 27, which are strange numbers to be using for boss textures. Examine the dimensions of typical Mega Man boss to realise this fully.

A memory bank contains 16(8) x 16(8) pixels.

I have not even discussed palette limitations yet. That is for another class.

LeviR.star

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on February 24, 2017, 05:56:23 PMMore so animation space than texture space, but essentially:

Every sprite and block is comprised of 8 x 8 pixel tiles. Only a certain amount of these can be loaded into the memory bank of a screen at once, so it is up to the artists to confine their textures to suit these. Sprites are more lenient than blocks, as they can use the 8 x 8 tiles in more unique ways (as opposed to being restricted to 4(8) x 4(8) "blocks"), but in exchange there can only be half as many sprite tiles in the memory bank for a hallway (because Mega Man himself (and Rush) takes up the other half). Often only a few different kinds of sprites appear in a hallway because of this. In a boss scenario, the boss (including their projectiles and animation frames) take up all of these texture frames, but are still restricted as a result of being large. Like other sprites, boss sprites take up as much of each individual tile as they can (as opposed to wasting 3/4 of one), and so they are able to have maximum efficiency. Your sprite as it stands right now is 20 x 27, which are strange numbers to be using for boss textures. Examine the dimensions of typical Mega Man boss to realise this fully.

A memory bank contains 16(8) x 16(8) pixels.

I have not even discussed palette limitations yet. That is for another class.

Could you edit the idle sprite to show me what you mean? I'm still lost.

WaluigiTime64

I would, but I'm really bad at art (as of now anyway. I'm trying).

Dudeman

I think, in essence, a sprite should have dimensions divisible by four, right? If blocks are 4x4 at their smallest (that's how I understand what you wrote), then you'd want to use up a space that's a multiple of 4x4 as efficiently as possible.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

WaluigiTime64

Blocks are spaces of 2(8) x 2(8), also known as 2(tiles) by 2(tiles). A sprite can be any number of tiles. Sorry for confusion.

LeviR.star

WaluigiTime64

This might help ease confusion:

They actually come in pairs (top half and bottom half), which allow for more unique enemy sets, although some enemies require both halves.

Try to recreate a frame of Magnet Man from these textures, and realise how sprites differ from blocks.

E. Gadd Industries

Lkjhgfdsa_77 won!

2/25/17 Jeroboam (n.)- a large wine bottle, holding about the equivalent of four ordinary bottles
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]