E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

...I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not that's a Hamilton reference. So I'll just assume it is :P

10/16/16 Williwaw (n.)- 1. a sudden violent gust of cold land air common along mountainous coasts of high latitudes  2. a violent commotion
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on October 16, 2016, 09:10:13 AM...I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not that's a Hamilton reference. So I'll just assume it is :P
*facepalm*
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Yeah what I went back a page to see it and now I'm concerned you thought that was a Hamilton reference
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

In my defense, Hamilton seems quite a popular quote source for many topics. After doing some research, I swear I've seen that movie, but it's been a while, so I don't remember much outside of the scaling of the massive cliff and the duel thereafter.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

I'm starting to think you don't even know what that word means Thanks for helping me remember that, too
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on October 16, 2016, 04:48:58 PMI'm starting to think you don't even know what that word means
*winces*
Stop. Just...just stop. This isn't a reference, seriously. It hurts to watch you try.

E. Gadd Industries

...fine.

10/17/16 Adumbrate (v.)- 1. To foreshadow vaguely: intimate  2. To suggest, disclose, or outline partially  3. Overshadow, obscure

I want to mention the example sentence given; it's for the second definition:
"The content of each chapter is adumbrated by a lengthy title; for instance, Chapter 1 is titled 'How Candide Was Brought Up in a Magnificent Castle, and How He Was Expelled Thence.'"

This book... I imagine it must be an interesting read...
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

10/18/16 Ferrule (n.)- a usually metal ring or cap that is placed around the end of a slender shaft or handle to strengthen it or for joining or binding one part to another

That metal part of a pencil!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

10/19/16 Edentulous (adj.)- having no teeth: toothless
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on October 11, 2016, 04:47:23 AM10/11/16 Sawbones (n., slang)- physician, surgeon
I recognize this term from Borderlands!
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

The dragon! :D

10/20/16 Precipitate (adj.)- 1a. Falling, flowing, or rushing with steep descent  b. Precipitous, steep  2. Exhibiting violent or unwise speed
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

10/21/16 Crepitate (v.)- to make a crackling sound: to make a series of short, sharp noises
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

10/22/16 Pitate (??.)- Pitate pitate
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber