E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

obligatory BLEHBLUHBGLBHGBLUHBGHUH
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

XD Well, Latios, they like your word!

4/24/16 Pluvial (adj.)- 1a. Of or relating to rain  b. Characterized by abundant rain  2. of a geological change: resulting from the action of rain

How much does it rain where you live?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

XD I love it how you can say "Seattle" and people automatically think things like that.

Fun fact: Did you know that the location that receives the most annual rainfall is Mawsynram, India? That's right! Although the numbers are disputed (as the only residents of the area are wildlife and tribal peoples, and most of the rain is brought about by monsoon), there's no doubt that if any location is "underwater", it's this one (of course, other than actual bodies of water)! This is one of only a few locations around the world at which you can see trees that have formed root bridges. They provide great transportation for the villagers, especially over creeks and such!

And with that, here's today's word:
4/25/16 Nostrum (n.)- a usually questionable remedy or scheme: panacea

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on April 01, 2016, 07:02:58 AM*ahem* "Hurr-ay, hurr-ay, hurr-ay, get your cure-all right here, folks! Just a dollar per bottle! This medicine was scientifically designed with a super-secretly-special ingredient found deep in the Amazon Jungle of South America. Hurr-ay, hurr-ay, hurr-ay! Got a cold? This'll fix you up in a jiffy! Got a headache? This'll knock it out for sure! This stuff can even cure your dog of rabies! Just look at this happy user here, he uses the medicine!" "He's right! I was once paralyzed in my right leg, but now, I can walk again!" "Just listen to that testimony! Tim- er*say, bud, what's your name?* Jerry here can walk fully again thanks to this medicine! Now, please form a line and you can all buy some of my all-natural cure-all! Just a dollar a bottle! My, what a steal!"
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

What about the Mediterranean Sea?

4/26/16 Transmogrify (v.)- to change or alter greatly and often with grotesque or humorous effect

...I used this word in an On-Demand I had to write yesterday. Hm. INTERESTING! If you find On-Demands interesting, that is.

So, what's something, given the opportunity, you would like to change? Not necessarily transmogrify (although if you want...), but just change in general. And why?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

Latios212

Ah, reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes :3
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Latios212 on April 26, 2016, 07:31:30 AMAh, reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes :3
I love that comic! It's one of my favorites!
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

Quote from: Latios212 on April 26, 2016, 07:31:30 AMAh, reminds me of Calvin and Hobbes :3
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Ōkami~MD

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
*hairflip*
FABULOUS

hello? there should be GIF here can u help me find it

E. Gadd Industries

:D I grew up reading that comic strip. O' course, it wasn't in the newspaper; my grandfather (mom's side) loves the comics, too, and has most of the books, and we'd read a few comics each day. After a while, he introduced me to Garfield and Peanuts. Both of which I still read every day. AHHHHHH THE NOSTALGIA JUST HIT ME HARD

And that brings me to today's word (which doesn't have anything to do with what I just said. XD)
4/27/16 Dovecote (n.)- 1. a small compartmented raised house or box for domestic pigeons  2. a settled or harmonious group or organization

Are pigeon races still held today? Random (not entirely, though) question, but I heard about them quite recently, but I never got around to looking into it any. I know people still domesticate pigeons and raise them.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

when curious George went to the top of the building at his city home there was a dovecote on top of it
unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Is a dovecote something that would be in Hatoful Boyfriend?