E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrainyLucario

It's like the opposite of Anthropomorphic, I guess...So if Fox (From Star Fox) was Zoomorphic instead of anthropomorphic, he would look like a real fox.
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Dudeman

Quote from: BrainyLucario on March 10, 2016, 07:46:28 AMIt's like the opposite of Anthropomorphic, I guess...So if Fox (From Star Fox) was Zoomorphic instead of anthropomorphic, he would look like a real fox.
But then he'd just be a fox...

It's more like if Link still looked wolfish when in human form in Twilight Princess. Think werewolf, or the interpretation where the person really only grows strange facial hair, fangs, and claws, as opposed to turning completely into a wolf-like creature.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 10, 2016, 06:59:12 AMThe correct answer was Garibaldi. Giuseppe Garibaldi, that is. Mazzini also played a key role in he unification of the Italian peninsula.

3/10/16 Zoomorphic (adj.)- 1. having the form of an animal  2. of, relating to, or being a deity conceived of in animal form or with animal attributes

So, like Queztlcoatl? (I think I spelled that correctly)
I think it's Quetzalcoatl
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quetzalcoatl isn't alerting spell check. I just thought that since it was a Native American deity, it would set off the spell check either way.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

I know, but you know how spell check can get. Take Ghasirü  for example. It's Canamari for "Sun", and spell check sets it off.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

3/11/16 Importune (v.)- 1. to urge or beg with troublesome persistence  2. annoy, trouble

I know this doesn't have anything to do with the word (well, maybe it does indirectly), but my power was out this morning. Apparently, one of the electricity poles sparked and caught fire, and soon, the pole was in two pieces from how it burned... Quite odd.

EDIT: Also, I'm thinking about hosting a MK8 tournament this summer break. Is anyone interested? (Really, it could be anything from 3DS/WiiU that's both online and competitive, though)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Sebastian

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on March 11, 2016, 06:08:45 AM.
EDIT: Also, I'm thinking about hosting a MK8 tournament this summer break. Is anyone interested? (Really, it could be anything from 3DS/WiiU that's both online and competitive, though)
I'd be interested.

mikey

unmotivated

Zeila

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on March 11, 2016, 08:27:39 AMMario Kart 7 pls
I'd be able to participate if the game is MK7, but not 8. I can't think of any other multiplayer competitive games atm aside from Smash, Pokemon, and Splatoon, and I'm sure that people would be interested in at least one of the three. I'm probably leaving something with noting out too

braix

I have Mario Kart 7 but that's it
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Hey, how about I go all out:
MK7, MK8, Pokemon, and Smash?
Also,
3/12/16 Tourbillion (n.)- 1. whirlwind  2. a vortex especially of a whirlwind or whirlpool

I'll put in my two cents about this word tomorrow, since I have to leave.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

cashwarrior1

Pidgeotto, use Tourbillion! (Cash gains a billion dollars due to a tour Pidgeotto gave to all his pidgey friends)

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, first, my two cents for tourbillion:
Well, that's misleading. Thanks, English. Way to "enrich" our lives...

Next, my response to cashwarrior1:
^^^This guy gets it. That's what it should be (well, maybe not a Pokémon-based implementation, but in general).

Finally,
3/13/16 Panglossian (adj.)- marked by the view that all is for the best in this best of possible worlds: excessively optimistic

This is where I draw the line for optimism. I mean, sure, I love being around positive people (and am one myself), but this is just too much. I would even go so far as to say suspicious... <.<  >.>
Apparently, this word references Voltaire's novel Candide; one of the characters (Dr. Pangloss) is the example optimist that is known for stating a quote that the definition contains nods to. ("All is for the best in this best of possible worlds")
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

3/14/16 Nonplus (v.)- to cause to be at a loss as to what to say, think, or do: perplex
...I don't know anymore...
Merry Monday!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]