E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

unmotivated

SlowPokemon

Oxford comma is the last comma in a list, and it's optional which really bothers some people.

Ex. Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow (with the Oxford comma)
Pokémon Red, Blue and Yellow (without the Oxford comma)

It really shouldn't be a big deal whether it's there or not
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

braix

I almost forgot to Google this time lol
Anyway I don't use the Oxford comma for schoolwork, but I always use it in out-of-school stuff
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: braixen1264 on January 31, 2016, 10:58:02 AMAnyway I don't use the Oxford comma for schoolwork, but I always use it in out-of-school stuff
I was always taught that the Oxford Comma was proper grammaring (oh, the irony), so I got in the habit of using it regularly for things such as writing essays, typing, etc. ( :P)
I just don't get why some teachers are deducting points on writing-based assignments for either including it or neglecting to do so. It just doesn't make any sense as to why it makes so much a difference, and I thought maybe I could see others' opinions on the matter.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

You can have my Oxford Comma when you pry it from my cold, dead, and lifeless hands.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Dudeman on January 31, 2016, 02:00:17 PMYou can have my Oxford Comma when you pry it from my cold, dead and lifeless hands.
,   <---- Got it! XD
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

goddammit egadd now I have to go kill my hands
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

E. Gadd Industries

No I'm not! Today is Monday, not Thursday. ;)

2/1/16 Soigné (the accent should be over the e) (adj.)- 1. dressed with great care and elegance: well-groomed, sleek  2. elegantly maintained or designed
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Merry Groundhog Day! 2/2/16 Gimcrack (n.)- a showy object of little use or value: gewgaw
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman