News:

Be sure to tell your friends about NinSheetMusic!

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

1/5/16: Uxorial (adj.)- of, relating to, or characteristic of a wife

Some of these words are just random.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

when will i ever need to use this word xD
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Dudeman

I guess when your future spouse finds herself doing something uxorial and you say to yourself "gee, my wife sure is acting uxorial"

that's when
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nana1Popo2

The example on the calendar mentions "going uxorial shopping."

Is it different than regular shopping?
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mikey

you know those annoying people at wal mart who stay there for 3 hours and finally walk up to your register with 2 carts full of everything from frozen burritos to fresh veggies

uxorial
unmotivated

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

I call those events "shopping marathons". My parents like to do those, don't really understand why, though...
Anyhoo,
1/6/15 Proffer (v.)- to present for acceptance: tender, offer

On another note, I'm getting my braces off today! FINALLY!!!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

Finally, word I recognize.

side-note, I don't see why everyone has a problem with braces; I liked 'em just fine when I had 'em.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Well, they are annoying, make your mouth feel 5 pounds heavier (hyperbole), and get all kinds of food stuck in them. Not to mention the pain of getting them on.

1/7/16:Diapason (n.)- 1a. a burst of sound b. the entire range of musical tones c. range, scope 2a. tuning fork b. a standard of pitch
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Nana1Popo2, could you get this one?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 08, 2016, 04:56:21 AMNana1Popo2, could you get this one?
Surely!

1/8/16 Immure (v.)- 1a. to enclose within or as if within walls b. imprison 2. to build into a wall; especially: to entomb in a wall
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

Dudeman

Read that as "immature" at first glance. Then again, the word "mature" could actually be vocabulary for a lot of people.

also #Amontillado

braix

Quote from: Dudeman on January 08, 2016, 01:16:41 PMRead that as "immature" at first glance. Then again, the word "mature" could actually be vocabulary for a lot of people.
Aw shit bro that was uncalled for