News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

E. Gadd's Word of the Week & Others' Interpretations of Said Word™️

Started by E. Gadd Industries, January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E. Gadd Industries

This is a topic that other curious peoples can check daily unless certain hindrances arise for a word and its definition. You may know the words presented, and that's great! This is just a little something for the curious peoples like myself. Now, without further ado before this topic gets locked and hopefully it won't, but then again, it has no reason to be *to my knowledge*, here is today's word:

01/03/16: Asseverate (v.)- to affirm or declare positively or earnestly
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

mikey

sorry but the word of the day is lasciviousness
how are you not with it
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dude

Make it slang word of the day and it'll be a hit.

braix

So what's the point of "word of the day"?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

To upgrade our vocabulary and to convince 21th Century Teenagers to not use their form of language (LOL, OMG, I-look-so-ugly-in-this-pic!!!1!11!)

E. Gadd Industries

Yes, what they said.
1/4/16: Fantod- (n.) 1. a. a state of irritability and tension; b. fidgets  2. an emotional outburst: fit
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: AwesomeYears on January 04, 2016, 02:10:37 AMTo upgrade our vocabulary and to convince 21th Century Teenagers to not use their form of language
That sounds like a real 'holier than thou' reason; be it true or not.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

E. Gadd Industries

I'm not meaning it to be a "holier than thou" thing. I just know that some people like learning new words, so this goes out to those people, conveniently on the NSM website!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Dudeman

I, for one, welcome our new vocabulary overlords.
The needless dispute about this is giving me fantods.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Nana1Popo2

Quote from: Dudeman on January 04, 2016, 10:21:39 AMThe needless dispute about this is giving me fantods.

I got a word-a-day calendar for Christmas and that's my word for today! lol.
I know what it means and feel so good about it.

Edit: *scrolls up*
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 04, 2016, 04:40:54 AM1/4/16: Fantod- (n.) 1. a. a state of irritability and tension; b. fidgets  2. an emotional outburst: fit
Oh. That makes sense. We using the same calendar? lol

Edit 2: *scrolls up more*
Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 03, 2016, 12:49:20 PM01/03/16: Asseverate (v.)- to affirm or declare positively or earnestly
Yup.

I got too excited and forgot to pre-read. Sorry...
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on January 04, 2016, 10:21:39 AMI, for one, welcome our new vocabulary overlords.
The needless dispute about this is giving me fantods.
I welcome our new google overlords
unmotivated

E. Gadd Industries

Quote from: Nana1Popo2 on January 04, 2016, 11:10:04 AMI got too excited and forgot to pre-read. Sorry...
It's cool! And hey, should the situation arise that I am unable to access NSM to be able to post on this, maybe you could help the topic out! ;)
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

JDMEK5

Quote from: E. Gadd Industries on January 04, 2016, 08:11:29 AMI'm not meaning it to be a "holier than thou" thing. I just know that some people like learning new words, so this goes out to those people, conveniently on the NSM website!
Oh no I didn't mean that. I meant the post right above mine. It was nothing more than my passing thought.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26