Replacement arrangement; keep old arranger name or don't?

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, January 01, 2016, 09:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So, I'm rearranging "Power Hungry Fool" from FE Path of Radience.
The original arrangement on the site is quite horrid, as you can see here; no key signature, some bad formatting, old URL, incorrect enharmonics, plainly incorrect notes all over the place. If this were resubmitted today, no way in hell would it be put back up on the site.
So, here's my question. Is this one that I should still give credit to the original arranger, or am I changing enough to constitute credit given to me, even though the base is what I'm working with?
what is shitpost

mikey

I always thought that if you were just changing theirs you kept their name but if you started from scratch you put yours?
unmotivated

Sebastian

Latios212

My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Pianist Da Sootopolis

That's what I thought as well. The only reason I ask is because the base I'm working with has many sections that need to be entirely rewritten, it's missing a key signature, missing certain voices in critical places, needs new tempo marks, etc.
If that's all in the editing portion of replacement, that's fine. Just wanted to check.
EDIT: No, Olimar you're right. My apologies for not reading carefully enough.
what is shitpost

FireArrow

If you're going to be changing the majority of it, just start from scratch anyways.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Sure, but I figure there are several parts where he has a couple phrases correct and things, so I would essentially just be rewriting them in. I might as well keep those in. When I actually have the arrangement done, I'll post it in my personal arrangement thread, and we can decide there.
what is shitpost

Tobbeh99

I usually start from scratch when doing replacements, even if there are parts that are right. mainly because I have a good template with good formatting so I get that out of the way immediately, and after that I can just copy-paste the correct parts from the original arrangement.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh