News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Arrangement Contest 7 Poll [No. 2]

Started by Olimar12345, December 25, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should we do for the next arrangement contest?

Make a song sound "Happier"
2 (12.5%)
Theme and variations again
1 (6.3%)
Solo instrument plus optional accompaniment
1 (6.3%)
Arrange something for an instrument family
1 (6.3%)
Arrange a piece into four "Seasons"
11 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 30, 2015, 08:16:44 PM

Latios212

I think just the seasons would be fine. So you don't have to take time to transcribe the original (which may or may not already be done by someone else) and also it doesn't really 'fit' with the seasons.
Last question before we get started (I guess?) Are there any limits on instrumentation?
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Olimar12345

I'd say just leave it up to the arranger at this point. Although, newer arrangers should check out the previous contests to get ideas.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

MaestroUGC

I guess the "ayes" have it, next we need to figure out start times and deadlines.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Oronoco

Hmm, I'm missing something really important. Am I able to choose my theme, or will the theme be decided?
Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

MaestroUGC

You can choose which VG piece you want to arrange, you'll just have to make sure your arrangement fits the theme of the contest.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Latios212

When we get started (I can get everything set up later tonight) you'll PM me your song choice!

How about five weeks for deadline?

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Sebastian

Oronoco

Quote from: Yellow on October 13, 2015, 05:18:40 PM
...Really though. Don't let them take it away from you. That desire for something more, for adventure... for destiny. Don't let them turn it against you, either.

braix

Wait. Is it four individual arrangements for each season? I thought it was just one piece the seasons changing in between but now I'm confused
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Olimar12345

One arrangement of all four seasons, be it separated by movements or presented as one single piece with four distinct sections.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

BrainyLucario

Soo... What do the judges need to do? If you don't mind me asking...
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Yug_Guy

Hey Latios, there was talk before about possibly fixing the judging criteria and changing some things around, do you and the other judges wanna talk about that at all?

Latios212

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

BrainyLucario

Someone needs to inform mastersuperfan about this..
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.