News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Ideas for new Zelda stories

Started by Trainer Ave, December 08, 2015, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

So give me an idea for a new story you'd love to see in a Zelda game. I'd love to hear it.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 28, 2015, 01:17:58 PMthe princess gets stolen by a generic ugly dude and the protagonist has to waste half his life rescuing someone who will never thank him
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Start with three dungeons, then introduce four more.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Trainer Ave

I had an idea of a game where Link and Dark Link shared one body a lot like how Piccolo and Kami share one body in Dragon Ball Z. So anyway they have the ability to split and join back together at will. And in the dungeons it would be sometimes necessary to complete puzzles. Anyway, some villain kidnaps Zelda (no brainer), and Link goes into battle to save her (no duh). They end up battling it out in front of the fully formed Triforce. Anyway at the end of the battle Zelda is saved (duh). But...before *insert villain name here* can die, he/she touches the Triforce. However because this villain's heart is imbalanced, villain gets power, zelda gets wisdom, Link gets courage. Zelda uses Triforce of wisdom to banish villain to some other place (I still haven't made up my mind about where). Anyway the Triforce of Courage forces Dark Link to become separate from Link and Dark Link blames Link for this and in his rage, kidnaps Zelda and disappears. Link than has to go and save Zelda again. Link defeats Dark Link but in his last breath Dark Link says, "You have defeated me, but I will still follow you. As you will be reincarnated, so shall I. I will follow you, and I WILL kill you. In this lifetime or another." What do you guys think of this story?
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

one problem- dark link is just a physical manifestation of the negative emotions/natural evil of link.  Sooo...

...yeah, that's a pretty big problem
unmotivated

Trainer Ave

Oh gee similar to how Piccolo was a manifestation of the negative emotions of Kami. It's not that big of an issue if Link has the ability to control him while they are one.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

mikey

Quote from: BoywithoutaFairy on December 10, 2015, 03:32:50 PMOh gee similar to how Piccolo was a manifestation of the negative emotions of Kami. It's not that big of an issue if Link has the ability to control him while they are one.
I was going to type up some elaborate response to convince you of the folly of your ideas, but that didn't work last time so I'm trying a new approach.
NO
WHY THE CRAP
NO WAY
NOT GONNA HAPPEN JUST STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY FAVORITE GAME SERIES
unmotivated

Dudeman

Actually, I'm not averse to the idea of Link splitting into two beings to solve puzzles, although that feels a lot like a Twilight Princess/Four Swords crossover of ideas. But yeah, in terms of lore, Dark Link is not really a separate character with individual emotions and motivations. He's just Link's dark side that occasionally takes form as some sort of trial. (Except for FSA's Dark Link, but he doesn't really count because he was spawned from the evil mirror thing.)
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on December 10, 2015, 04:13:11 PM(Except for FSA's Dark Link, but he doesn't really count because he was spawned from the evil mirror thing.)
actually that would be shadow link
unmotivated

Dudeman

Ah, right. Forget him, then. Dark Link's only actually showed up as part of the main story in...what, only two Zelda games? I don't think he's prominent enough to warrant a game centered around him, especially when the "dark form of the hero that the hero then has to fight" trope has been done ad nauseum.

except for scott pilgrim that was hilarious
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Quote from: Dudeman on December 10, 2015, 04:16:24 PMAh, right. Forget him, then. Dark Link's only actually showed up as part of the main story in...what, only two Zelda games? I don't think he's prominent enough to warrant a game centered around him, especially when the "dark form of the hero that the hero then has to fight" trope has been done ad nauseum.

except for scott pilgrim that was hilarious
1. Zelda II
2. A Link to the Past
3. Ocarina of Time
4. Oracle of Seasons
5. Twilight Princess
6. Spirit Tracks (apparently you can fight him somewhere lol)
I'm sure there are more that I just can't think of though
unmotivated

Dudeman

ALttP: Bonus boss in the GBA rerelease for clearing Four Swords.
OoS: Multiple mook-like copies during the final boss battle.
TP: Only used in a cutscene as representations of the "dark interlopers."
ST: Hidden boss for getting to the end of a bonus dungeon.

Dark Link only appears as part of the narrative in OoT and Zelda 2. I don't think that's enough of a main series role.

mikey

"showing up as part of the main story" would include oracle and TP then :P
unmotivated

Dudeman

Trainer Ave

i am not trying to ruin the series. That CDi crap is what's ruining the series. I'm just saying a story like this would be interesting and unique. Plus it would provide an origin story for Dark Link
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server