[Wii] New Super Mario Bros. Wii - "World 3 Map" by The Treble Bros.

Started by Zeta, November 25, 2015, 06:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Console: Nintendo Wii
Title: World 3 Map
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: The Treble Bros.

[attachment deleted by admin]

E. Gadd Industries

A little quick something-something to get us all prepared for winter! Hope you like it!
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

I think you got some notes wrong, and you also missed a voice, and also some formatting that could be better.

Here are the "note-groups":
Highest:A Bb G A A Bb G A A Bb G A A Bb G A
Middle: C        - ||-          Bb
Low:    F          -||-          Eb

Not enteirly sure if these are the right notes, but I think so, the LH Low+middle plays fifths. Also the rhythm is correct, just change the notes.

-The key signature should be F-major(1 flat).

-Make the LH clef into treble-clef.

-The second layer arpeggiated chords: I think you got some notes wrong. Make the first chord a Csus-chord(C,F,G,C) and the second a Bbsus-chord(Bb,Eb,F,Bb) Optionally one octave higher. Also I think you should hide the rests, they are not that necessary. Also make the first "melody note" into an 8th rest, give time for the arpeggiated chord. Like this
Spoiler
[close]

-The first 2 measures: maybe notate some notes for the jingle bells (some high F's maybe), if not leave the first 2 measures out since nothing happens there.

-A dynamic is missing, your arrangement needs at least one.

Formatting looks a bit messy:

-Make the composer credit into two rows:
Composed by A,
B & C

-Move the composers and Arranger text a bit down, it almost collides with the game name and title.

-The gap between the staff systems is too big, make them closer.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

A few things. First, thanks for the input! Second, I have NotePad, so I'll do what I can an then transfer to MuseScore, but I may need someone's help with some of those things (I hate dealing with XMLs). Third, are you sure about the last half of the high group? I'm hearing it as F, G, Eb, F.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, yeah I'm going to need someone to modify a few things:
-The clef change
-Hiding the rests
-The gap in the systems
Here's the newest model with everything changed (with exception to the last half of the highest voice, see the previous comment): https://www.dropbox.com/s/jf8a9wluattpkpi/New%20Super%20Mario%20Bros%20Wii%20-%20World%203%20Map.mus?dl=1
Anyone can modify the specified things, and to anyone who does, PM me the link, please! Thanks!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Yeah, I wasn't 100% sure, but it didn't sound like it repeated.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Bespinben

Would you update your submission with your latest version E. Gadd? Thank ye kindly
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

E. Gadd Industries

I would, but I can't do a few of the things suggested in Notepad. I asked for assistance on the respective Help! thread, but to no avail. I still have to change the bass clef to treble, hide the rests, and decrease the gaps in the systems.
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

E. Gadd Industries

Ok, everything's been updated, although you may still notice the gap in the systems. How would one go about fixing that?
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

Tobbeh99

So there seems to be no one willing to help you out so I decided to fix the issues you had.

I also re-beamed the rhythm, I think it's more clear that way. I'm no even sure if the way you beamed it is ok. Try showing the beats more for future arrangements. As you can see with my way of beaming I show every beat (by having a note tied to a note on the beats) in the 4/4 making it easier to read. 

Zip: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/NSMBW%20World%203.zip

10/10 tobbeh

mastersuperfan

Shouldn't the squiggly lines for the arpeggios be on the left side of the chords?
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

Tobbeh99

hmm you might be right. But I think he can fix that in notepad.

10/10 tobbeh

E. Gadd Industries

Thanks for helping me with that! The submission has been replaced with the newest and hopefully last version!
-The Sign Painter

Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]