Lasagna's Kitchen: Pocky & Rocky 2 - Exotic Country Road

Started by PetrifiedLasagna, November 18, 2015, 10:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which song from Bomberman 64 do you want done sooner?

Blue Resort
1 (50%)
White Glacier
1 (50%)
Black Fortress
0 (0%)
Rainbow Palace
0 (0%)
Boss Battle
0 (0%)
Altair and Vega/Altair's Full Form
0 (0%)
Staff Roll
0 (0%)
Final Battle 1 <Sirius battle 2>
0 (0%)
Final Battle 2 <Sirius battle 3>
0 (0%)
Stage Select <Overworld>
1 (50%)
Continue?
0 (0%)
Battle Mode Victory
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

PetrifiedLasagna

I have learned so much interacting with all of the great members here. I would like to thank you all for the help! Happy arranging :)

Mission: Complete Bomberman series
Current progress: < 2%  ;)

Most Recently Arranged
- Bomberman 64 ~ Masker
- Bomberman 64 ~ Stage Clear

Currently Considering:
- Earthworm Jim ~ New Junk City
- Picross 3D ~ Catchy
- Picross 3D ~ Challenge
- Battletoads (not sure which :P)

Key:
  • Submitted
  • Waiting for Submission
  • Currently Arranging
  • Experimental (Probably won't be submitted)
  • Inactive or not currently working on

Some songs might not have very helpful names, so I will give the song a name in brackets "<...>" that describes the song or its mood.

Arrangements
Spoiler
Bomberman

Title & Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Bomberman 64

Advertise Theme <laser seizures> | mus | mid | pdf |
Battle Mode | mus | mid | pdf |
Friend or Foe <Sirius Battle 1> | mus | mid | pdf |
Green Garden | mus | mid | pdf
Masker <Mini Boss Battle> | mus | mid | pdf |
Red Mountain | mus | mid | pdf
The Arrival <Story Intro>(Duet) | mus |
Stage Clear | mus | mid | pdf

Castlestorm

Glorious Morning | mus | mid | pdf |

Donkey Kong 64

Funky's Armory (Duet) | mus | mid | pdf |

Extreme G

Track 8 <Storm> | mus | mid | pdf |

Gravity Falls

Title Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Kirby Squeak Squad

Treasure Scuffle | mus | mid | pdf |

Killer Instinct Gold

Jago's Theme | mus | mid | pdf |
Kim Wu's Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Marble Madness

Beginner Race | Thread |

Metal Gear

Alert ! | mus | mid | pdf |
Jungle Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Metroid Fusion

Facing a Huge Reaction | mus | mid | pdf

Picross 3D

Latin | mus | mid | pdf |
Minimal | mus |

Pocky & Rocky 2

Exotic Country Road | mus | mid | pdf

Rescue the Embassy Mission

Inside | mus |

Sky Kid

Main Theme <Patriotic> | mus | mid | pdf |

Smash TV

Circuit 1 | mus | mid | pdf |

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda's Lullaby (Trio for piano, guitar, and flute) | mus | mid | pdf |
[close]

Obligatory Message of Consent:
I am prone to disappearing, so if that happens for more than say a month or two, I have gotten really busy and it is fine if other users submit my sheets.

PetrifiedLasagna

I have made quite a lot of sheets since I first joined NSM, some came out great, others not so much *cough*Extreme G. Still, here is a list of all the brand new sheets that I made.

Donkey Kong 64[N64]: Funky's Armory (Duet) | mus | mid | pdf |

Killer Instinct Gold[N64]: Kim Wu's Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Metal Gear[NES]: Alert ! | mus | mid | pdf |

Picross 3D[NDS]: Latin | mus | mid | pdf |

Out of all of the sheets I have made so far, I think "Kim Wu's theme" is by far my favorite, Although the Metal Gear Sheets came out pretty good too. I would love to get some feedback on what everyone else thinks. Just remember, if you see a sheet with poor formatting, I have not gotten to it yet.

WaluigiTime64

Hey, these are some pretty good arrangements!... all of the... 2... songs I listened to... (I need to play more games). I listened to "Funky's Armoury (Duet)" from Donkey Kong 64, and "Multiplayer" from Bomberman 64. Those are some pretty good arrangements! Just a few things about "Multiplayer":

- Is "Multiplayer" even the name of the song? I hear things like "Battle", or "Battle Arena". I figured it would be something like that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
 - I'm not sure what you mean by "simplified", the song seems pretty accurate!
 - The notes in the right hand during Bars 17-23 go too far down, making them hard to read. I think a clef change could fix this. Another way of fixing this is by putting the notes into the left hand and stating that the higher notes are played in the right hand.

Regardless, those are some solid arrangements! I hope to see more!
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 19, 2016, 03:15:09 AMHey, these are some pretty good arrangements!... all of the... 2... songs I listened to... (I need to play more games). I listened to "Funky's Armoury (Duet)" from Donkey Kong 64, and "Multiplayer" from Bomberman 64. Those are some pretty good arrangements! Just a few things about "Multiplayer":

This is one of the super old ones that I need to get too, although those are some valid points of improvement that I probably would have missed.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 19, 2016, 03:15:09 AM- Is "Multiplayer" even the name of the song? I hear things like "Battle", or "Battle Arena". I figured it would be something like that. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
- I'm not sure what you mean by "simplified", the song seems pretty accurate!

A quick search shows a trend for battle mode, so I will have to change that.

I will probably remove the "simplified" part, but it mostly has to do with the right hand before the breakdown. Instead of playing the octave chord and then just the top note of the octave, you would have to move the entire hand up and play the same chord an octave higher. This would be pretty tough at the tempo that the song is played, so my original decision was to cut the top from every second chord. Although, it is a pretty subtle difference that might require some good headphones to hear in the song  :P

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 19, 2016, 03:15:09 AM- The notes in the right hand during Bars 17-23 go too far down, making them hard to read. I think a clef change could fix this. Another way of fixing this is by putting the notes into the left hand and stating that the higher notes are played in the right hand.

I will definitely fix that. This was before I realized that I am a programmer and can go digging through the XML to make those changes  :D, although there is a tempo marking so... maybe it was just ignorance!

at a glance, the song also seems to have a consistent which I should take advantage of.

Quote from: WaluigiTime64 on April 19, 2016, 03:15:09 AMRegardless, those are some solid arrangements! I hope to see more!

Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Also, you can use dashes for lists? I have been using the HTML style code this whole time which is a real hassle.

PetrifiedLasagna

Well, it has been some time, but not nearly as long as you would think considering the number of sheets I finished! Hope you enjoy them. I have gotta say though, "Treasure Scuffle" is one of the longest (melody based) songs that I have ever done. Although, I think the Sky Kid Theme is my current favorite. I dedicate all of the completed sheets to my sister whom I transcribed these for.

Sky Kid - Main Theme <Patriotic> | mus | mid | pdf |
Smash TV - Circuit 1 | mus | mid | pdf |
Kirby Squeak Squad - Treasure Scuffle | mus | mid | pdf |
Zelda Ocarina of Time - Zelda's Lullaby (Trio for piano, guitar, and flute) | mus | mid | pdf |

I have also made some progress on these other two sheets.

Rescue the Embassy Mission - Inside | mus |
Bomberman 64 - Opening <The Arrival> (Duet) | mus |

Finally   ;D... I also completed the title theme from the television show Gravity Falls, but that can't be submitted here. I'll still include it in my main post for clarity.

Gravity Falls - Title Theme | mus | mid | pdf |

Bespinben

Just took a gander at your Zelda's Lullaby trio sheet. I want to use it to demonstrate to you a skill you should learn to improve your work: layer usage.

Here's how you wrote m. 10-13. It must have been a pain to write all those ties in the guitar, right?

Here's a much cleaner way to write the guitar part:

Layers save lives. And rupees.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

unmotivated

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: Bespinben on April 28, 2016, 05:43:31 PMJust took a gander at your Zelda's Lullaby trio sheet. I want to use it to demonstrate to you a skill you should learn to improve your work: layer usage.

Here's how you wrote m. 10-13. It must have been a pain to write all those ties in the guitar, right?

Here's a much cleaner way to write the guitar part:

Layers save lives. And rupees.

Oh, that is a nice tip. I will definitely keep this in mind for future sheets. It will help with maintaining a much cleaner look. I have noticed that a couple of the songs I have transcribed have parts like what you have pointed out. Thanks!

DonValentino

PetrifiedLasagna

Quote from: DonValentino on May 01, 2016, 03:37:49 AMBut... isn't Mega Man the Blue Bomber? lol

You know, I did not even think about that... I guess I mixed up my video game nicknames. All of the different bombermen have nicknames in the form of " 'color' bomber" so yeah. Either way, I got it wrong since you play as the white one in story mode. Even after all these years playing the game I got it wrong!

DonValentino

Haha it's ok! The Bombers do have different names iirc... Uhhhh... Was it Cheerful White for the main one maybe? It's been too long lol

I do remember all the Dastardly Bombers from Tournament though, I loved that game to death when I was a kid. They're awesome. Maaaan, I sure miss Bomberman :c

PetrifiedLasagna

I have most of Red Mountain done. I just wanted to get some quick opinions on it. Keep in mind that I still need to add the 8vb and the little 'twinkle' notes. I am probably going to swap the layers in the Bass section starting from measure 17.

Bomberman 64 - Red Mountain | mus |

WaluigiTime64

Just quickly going over this sheet. I might have an in-depth look at it later.

Spoiler
[close]

Playability is a concern.
I assume the 16ths in the bass are usually meant to be played by the right hand, but in this instance, I don't see that feasible. Adding several voices was good, but it seems a bit much for one hand at points.

Another problem with this image is that the right hand purely consists of Layer 2, which isn't necessary. It may only be a Mus thing (you can't see it on the pdf obviously), but it might bug some of the other users.

Other than that, it sounds pretty good! I might look at it a bit more in-depth later.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

PetrifiedLasagna

Yeah, I thought all of the notes in the right hand was going to be a problem. I have simplified it to just being the most prominent parts. There are still the playable notes in the beginning and end where both bass parts are audible. Most of the left hand is done, and I just have a couple of measures to go. After that, I can clean up the whole sheet and see if there is a key (I think it is D major...).

Thanks for the feedback Waluigi!

Bomberman 64 - Red Mountain2 | mus |

PetrifiedLasagna

Wow, it has been quite a while huh. Well let's just say I have a tendency to just straight up disappear off the web for extended periods of time! Of course I have been working on a couple of arrangements, mainly Bomberman 64, but they are not ready yet. I should seriously finish Red Mountain. It is so close!

Instead, I have made one of the best decisions in my time as a transcriber. I have done Glorious Morning from Castlestorm. Although, I never actually played this game, I actually discovered this song in Age of War (Ahh, reminds me of simpler times on the internet ::)). So anyways here are the two songs that I worked on.

Bomberman Title & Theme [NES] | mus | mid | pdf |
Castlestorm Glorious Morning [MUL] | mus | mid | pdf |

In light of some recent advice that I have received from a couple users, I am probably going to revise Glorious Morning a little before I try to submit it. As for Bomberman, the only real problem I see with it is that the key change is leaking onto the previous system. Also, don't judge that I put them in the same sheet. They are literally two measures a piece, although I may separate them in the future, but right now this is simpler.