News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Zeila's Arrangements (New [4/24/23]: Kirby, Runescape, and more!)

Started by Zeila, November 15, 2015, 02:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Zeila

Thanks, I appreciate your (and everyone else's) sentiment!

On another note, woohoo for Shovel Knight

"Art Through Adversity"
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Youtube
- Instead of writing out straight sixteenths, I alternated between the octaves. Speaking of those, I'm not sure if it's worth it to alternate between hands for the sixteenths if it's just octaves. Another idea is that the left hand could play a measure or so to eliminate the jumps at m6, 11, and 13
- In m10, it sounds like the off beats have three notes instead of two, but I'm not totally sure (I left it out)
- In m34, I felt that it was empty, and I didn't want to add the sixteenths, so I simplified one of the parts (although it's played backwards because I think it fits/sounds better, and the actual bass part plays an E on the first beat anyways) into quarter notes for the LH so that it synonymous with what comes before it. Also, I think the LH part from m39-end is wrong
- I originally wrote the counter melody an octave lower, but I raised it so that the performer could play the whole thing instead of it abruptly stopping. When I include it in m39-end (moreso the first/second endings), it's (if not almost) at the point where it would be better to either modify a part or get rid of it altogether (I still left it the way it for now in case anyone has any suggestions or thinks it's fine)

Another woohoo for being the first to publicly post an arrangement from Kirby: Planet Robobot (well I couldn't find any really). Tbh, out of all the pieces that are out on youtube atm, this is the only one I like (at least enough to arrange it). I'll probably have to edit the name and composer later

"Grass Area"
- I took out some harmonies in several measures (for example, in m5-8) because it either clashes with the RH, doesn't fit with the LH part (like the Cs in m8), is not synonymous with everything else and would be out of place, or the output is too muddy as it's a lower octave
- Idk if a key change at some parts is necessary or not
- Some of the dyads are also moved down an octave for playability and clashing reasons. Some chords are also inverted for those reasons
- Measures like 11 might need to be revised for playability reasons, although I wouldn't know what else to do aside from taking out the top notes or changing the bass notes in the LH. There are also some parts where there are octave sixteenth notes if those are concerning
- In m19-21, those chords look like 7ths (and one 9th), but I don't hear any other notes (if someone else does then I'll gladly put them in). I feel like there's a B nat on the first beat in m23, but I'm not sure so I left it out

Tl;dr – both songs need some fixing

cashwarrior1

The last couple measures of the shovel knight has two layers when they're both just eighth notes, why?

I kept expecting the kirby piece to turn into flinstones.  :o

Zeila

It's easier for me to write it out that way if there are two different voices, and I just didn't move it all to one layer. I'm probably going to get back to it and make some revisions though, so once it's finalized I'll change it

And yea I can see how you would think that about the kirby piece lol

Th3Gavst3r

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on January 10, 2016, 11:36:11 PMHere's another update:

Splatoon - Hooked
- The harmonies just sound off and I think there are either missing notes or simply wrong notes overall so this sheet definitely needs more editing. Also, if there's a better way to do m2 and m30/31, then please give suggestions!

Do you still need help fixing this sheet?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

I updated it a few weeks ago, but if you still want to look at it, then go for it!

BrainyLucario

Quote from: Zeila on April 29, 2016, 12:08:12 PMI updated it a few weeks ago, but if you still want to look at it, then go for it!
I'll try and find time to this weekend. I love this song so it should be interesting to see sheet music for it. Are you going to upload it to the site?
When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

Zeila

Sry for the delayed answer, yes I will eventually along with pretty much everything in this thread except for more liberal arrangements, arrangements of remixes, or arrangements featuring instruments other than piano (most of which will come in the future)

As part of the update, here's The Legend of Zelda: Orchestra Remix #2
"The Legend of Zelda: Orchestra Piece #2"

I also overhauled Lake from Pokémon D/P/Pt, and made a two piano arrangement to go with it
"Lake"
"Lake (Two Pianos)"
My biggest concern would have to be the transition from where the song is supposed to repeat. I don't see how I could fix that apart from switching the parts altogether from m21ish-end since if people wanted to actually repeat the song, then it would be hard for P2 to transition. Aside from that, I fixed a few notes and made it easier to play (by either distributing the parts or getting rid of them)

Newest song :D
"Midna's Lament (Twilight Symphony)"
I kind of like how it turned out, although some notes are stressed more than others and it sounds off (and/or I just heard the wrong note) and the broken chord at m85 sounds really odd due to the fermata. I'm pretty sure some enharmonic spellings are off too, and idk if some key signature changes are necessary

Also, you can now check to see the date where I last updated a song in the OP by hovering a mouse over it (idea from Th3Gavst3r)

Zeila

I was going to wait until I had more arrangements done, but ultimately decided not to

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
"Temple of Time"
It's a much slower and more melancholic version of the original tune. I just realized that the first beat could be a pickup measure, but idk if that's absolutely necessary

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward
"Confession of a Blue Bird" (Confession/Blue Bird Lamentation)
In celebration of Zero Time Dilemma coming out in slightly less than 2 days, I decided to arrange these two pieces together (since it's only two, I don't consider it a medley). I was listening to Confession, and thought that Blue Bird Lamentation would sound nice with it as both share a transition measure. I could've added more parts (particularly in Confession), but I feel that it's not very necessary and that it's fine the way it is

Can't wait to play both games :3 I'm glad I got into the Zero Escape series now instead of years ago due to a much shorter waiting period

daj

Ooh. Never heard of Zero Escape before, but it looks like you've got something really solid there, hehe! :) Bookmarked that for future reading ^^

Also, saw your arrangement of "Lake"! And it instantly brightened up my day haha. It's really good - you're really good haha - and that's one DPPt track that I won't need to touch. Might review it a little more in-depth at some point, but for now it looks fantastic on first glance :)

Great stuff here, will be keeping a lookout on your thread, whee~

Maelstrom

Zeila

Quote from: dajwxp on June 26, 2016, 10:16:13 PMOoh. Never heard of Zero Escape before, but it looks like you've got something really solid there, hehe! :) Bookmarked that for future reading ^^

Also, saw your arrangement of "Lake"! And it instantly brightened up my day haha. It's really good - you're really good haha - and that's one DPPt track that I won't need to touch. Might review it a little more in-depth at some point, but for now it looks fantastic on first glance :)

Great stuff here, will be keeping a lookout on your thread, whee~
Ah, thank you! Just when I think that something is good, a few weeks or months afterwards I find something wrong with it so you might find some things if you manage to take a look at it. Also, seeing people liking or playing my stuff brightens up my day

I kept putting off posting thinking that I would finish some of my incomplete ones, so that didn't happen. If you happened to look at the OP between early August and now, then this is just a formal update for those pieces. For the formatting, I figured I could just change it up a bit, but if it's too much (or takes too long to load or whatever), then I'm free to try something else

Mario Kart 8
"Fanfare Collection"
Includes:
- Course Intro Fanfare
- Race Start Fanfare Battle
- Race Start Grand Prix VS
- Super Star
- Final Lap Fanfare
- Low Goal Fanfare
- Mid Goal Fanfare Grand Prix VS
- Top Goal Fanfare (on site by ThatGamer and edited by Sebastian)

Kirby's Epic Yarn
"Halberd"

Pokémon D/P/Pt
"Canalave City (Night)"
"Canalave City (Night)(Two Pianos)"
"Decisive Battle! (Pokémon League)"

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 27, 2016, 03:55:46 AMHECK YEAH VLR
HECK YEAH ZTD

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma
"Morphogenetic Sorrow"

Maelstrom

Btw, Xenoblade Chronicles =/= Xenoblade Chronicles X.