Zeila's Arrangements (New [4/24/23]: Kirby, Runescape, and more!)

Started by Zeila, November 15, 2015, 02:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeila

Here's another update:

Runescape - Ballad of Enchantment
MIDI | MUS | MUSX | PDF | Youtube
- I think some of the arpeggios are off but overall it doesn't sound too shabby

Splatoon - Hooked
- The harmonies just sound off and I think there are either missing notes or simply wrong notes overall so this sheet definitely needs more editing. Also, if there's a better way to do m2 and m30/31, then please give suggestions!

I also fixed some old sheets (Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island and Tri Force Heroes - Boss Theme on the top of my head)

Onionleaf

Oh yay, another Runescape arrangement! So nostalgic... Not a lot to say except good job, and thank you for this arrangement! (I'll probably simplify those fast runs on Finale first before printing the sheets out.)

I'll just throw in my thoughts on the "Ballad of Enchantment" but they are more so personal opinions rather than corrections.

-Just like in other Runescape songs, sometimes a new voice steps in here and there. It could be a good idea to see if anything else in the accompaniment could be added or changed to make things a bit less repetitive. For example, in m. 17 (and also the same theme that begins again in m. 63) there are some echoing arpeggios ringing (0:50 in the video) that could make the accompaniment a bit different to the rest of the piece. It's quite faint, but it doesn't appear anywhere else except in these two places. Another example is m. 33-34, where a timpani/percussion voice steps in, making that part of the song sound more bold (1:30 in the video).
-There are some notes clashing between both hands in m. 33-34, and quite possibly some other places as well. Might be worth to go through and add some more brackets, whenever you'll have the time for it (oof, I know, it takes a while to find every single note).
-It would be awesome if some phrasing was added, both in the melody line and the accompaniment. Even though there are a lot of staccato notes, the phrases would show the performer to play more softly, which is what this piece needs. :)

Zeila

Quote from: Onionleaf on January 12, 2016, 11:58:36 PMOh yay, another Runescape arrangement! So nostalgic... Not a lot to say except good job, and thank you for this arrangement! (I'll probably simplify those fast runs on Finale first before printing the sheets out.)
Lol, I don't think I could ever play the majority of the songs that I arranged unless I practice extensively. And thanks!

Quote from: Onionleaf on January 12, 2016, 11:58:36 PM-Just like in other Runescape songs, sometimes a new voice steps in here and there. It could be a good idea to see if anything else in the accompaniment could be added or changed to make things a bit less repetitive. For example, in m. 17 (and also the same theme that begins again in m. 63) there are some echoing arpeggios ringing (0:50 in the video) that could make the accompaniment a bit different to the rest of the piece. It's quite faint, but it doesn't appear anywhere else except in these two places. Another example is m. 33-34, where a timpani/percussion voice steps in, making that part of the song sound more bold (1:30 in the video).
I took your suggestion and added the arpeggios when they first appear in m17, and also the timpani part in m33-34

Quote from: Onionleaf on January 12, 2016, 11:58:36 PM-There are some notes clashing between both hands in m. 33-34, and quite possibly some other places as well. Might be worth to go through and add some more brackets, whenever you'll have the time for it (oof, I know, it takes a while to find every single note).
I actually forgot to add some of them in, but I think I put everything (aside from the middle notes in m47-62, but I think that it should be fine)

Quote from: Onionleaf on January 12, 2016, 11:58:36 PM-It would be awesome if some phrasing was added, both in the melody line and the accompaniment. Even though there are a lot of staccato notes, the phrases would show the performer to play more softly, which is what this piece needs. :)
I added some slurs for the sections that don't have staccatos. I could put a performer's note if it's necessary

A few other things I added/changed was the formatting so that it would still fit on 4 pages, some cautionary accidentals, and a pedal marking from m47-62

Aside from that, I updated the OP with Super Star and Water Park from Mario Kart 8
"Super Star" *new*
"Water Park" *new*

Zeila

Updated the OP with "Intro" from Mega Man 2 and "PianoX2" from Xenoblade Chronicles X.

"Intro"

"PianoX2"
I tried to emulate Sawano, so the mus/x file is messy with hidden dynamics and pedal markings

The newest entry is Fire Island Volcano from PSMD:

"Fire Island Volcano"
- There are quite a few key changes from the middle-end, and I'm wondering if it's necessary to notate it for some of them. If so which ones? I'm not totally positive on some of the key signatures either
- I think some enharmonic spellings are wrong as well
- About the didgeridoo part (or in general really), if you guys have any suggestions that would be nice!
- I'll add fingerings from m26-33 later on

Zeila

Here are 10 new (and not so new) arrangements:

(the 6 I've already posted on here)
Kirby's Epic Yarn
"Vs. Meta Knight"

Pokémon D/P/P
"Snowpoint City" (btw what's the difference between the day and night versions)

Xenoblade Chronicles X
"PianoX3"

Crypt of the NecroDancer
"For Whom the Knell Tolls (Dead Ringer)"
There are possibly some playability issues, and I lowered the left hand part from m42-end so that it doesn't interfere with the right hand part

Undertale
"An Ending"
"Here We Are"

(new)
Undertale
"Thundersnail"
I did this because it was short and in case ProfCocoa doesn't show up then that's one less song that needs to be arranged for the Undertale Official AP

Shovel Knight
"Spin Ye Bottle"
I changed a few things due to hand limitations and in order to connect the parts better (the bass pattern in m2, the A on the 2nd off beat in m13, and the G in m14)

"Tango of the Troupple King"
"Watch Me Dance!"

The Shovel Knight OST is fantastic and I'm planning on arranging more from it (and possibly the entire Plague of Shadows OST by the end of the year). I hope to finish Le Bouquet Magique by a week from tomorrow (currently, I did about 1/5 to 1/4 of it)

I also edited Lake from Pokémon D/P/P and Fire Island Volcano from PSMD. I still didn't add any fingering, but I changed the formatting and a few notes from m26-29

cashwarrior1

Oh yay, shovel knight! Do the iron whale theme please!

Th3Gavst3r

Alriiight, Shovel Knight! I just started working on the Main Theme like last week and was sad that nobody seemed interested in arranging the ost... Your arrangements sound great though, I'm excited to see good Shovel Knight stuff!

Zeila

Thanks! I think people are just intimidated by the difficulty of the songs (or are simply just not interested). There are so many voices to the point where it's possible to write duets without heavily modifying the pieces. I'd like to hear your take as well!

Quote from: cashwarrior1 on March 05, 2016, 10:41:46 AMOh yay, shovel knight! Do the iron whale theme please!
Sure, but it'll be low priority

Th3Gavst3r

No kidding, matching the amazing depth in these songs with one measly piano is right about impossible. Gotta say though, some of the runs would be unplayable for any normal human being, so maybe leaving a few things out is for the best...

Zeila

Here's another update with the following songs:

Pokémon R/S/E
"Route 113"
I know there's one that in the submissions board right now, but I (barely) started on it before and felt like finishing it. I ended up simplifying the sixteenth note triplets. It might be hard to distinguish between the melody and arpeggios at some parts due to cross staffing

Pokémon D/P/P
"Battle! (Azelf/Mesprit/Uxie)"
If I were to submit this, would it be a complete replacement, or would I have to put "Edited by..." (note that I started from scratch). Link to the present sheet on site. As for the sheet itself, it might be better to continue the sixteenth notes at m48 since it sounds slightly disconnected, and I combined the whole note pattern with the quarter note pattern m78-end

Animal Crossing: City Folk
"K.K. Sonata"
It might not be 100% accurate, but I'd say it's pretty close

Shovel Knight
"A Thousand Leagues Below (Iron Whale)"
I actually didn't quite like the song at first, but it grew on me and I enjoy it now. I think the arrangement turned out nicely, although I had to invert some chords and whatnot. In m20, I lowered the first A# down an octave in order to make the jump easier, but I don't know if that's worth it. I'm also not totally sure about the notations and stuff

"The Final Note"
It seems like cross staffing is necessary because of the ledger lines, but I feel like that would get too messy (along with changing clefs or using 8vas every so often). Also, I simplified the run in m31 beat 4 (although a glissando in general might be better)

Undertale
"Enemy Approaching"
Here's my own take on this song, and I don't mind if there was a misunderstanding or anything. The repeated section (starting at m17) is a bit iffy at some parts, and it might be better to just place a repeat sign instead

I made a poll for the fun of it, but it's on strawme instead of in the OP because idk how to change it (if it's possible for myself to do it). I guess that way, anyone can vote instead of just members. The songs I do will likely be from my to-do list, but I may also randomly decide to do another one. Along with that, I updated Eterna Forest (formatting and stuff) and Fire Island Volcano (some chord notation, chords themselves, and fingerings; it's the same as the one currently in submissions). Also, I didn't forget about Le Bouquet Magique, and it will be finished eventually

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 01, 2016, 08:31:49 AMahhhh ok I guess you can arrange plague of shadows music because technically it's not shovel knight
I'm still planning on arranging from the actual soundtrack, but only roughly 4 songs (and one of them has been put off for a while, so you can still manage to arrange it first!) Regardless, feel free to do what you'd like :3

mikey

unmotivated

cashwarrior1

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Damn, I missed another RS arrangement.
Great work though. Inspired me to arrange some more!
what is shitpost

Zeila

Thanks! :3 I'm planning on doing more as well

@cash, I'm glad you liked it (or at least were excited to see it) :)

@noc, you got this, then shovel knight unofficial arrangement project?

Almost forgot to mention, but I updated Snowpoint City and Hooked. I'm on my phone right now, so a rough estimate of what I changed in Snowpoint City are this one note where the LH part jumps to the RH (m17?), the half note chords, and the ending section. In Hooked, I changed the glissando to 3 beats, a few notes in the last section after the dissonant stuff, and formatting

johnsonic7

Take care of yourself, kid. 'cause someone really cares about you.