News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

The Philosophy Topic

Started by MaestroUGC, November 14, 2015, 05:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaestroUGC

Given recent thoughts of a more existential nature, I figure we can use a more appropriate place to wax philosophical.

Here you can talk about varying world views, debate the idea or morality, ponder "the God question", and be the wannabe Nietzsche you think you are.

Just a quick foreword:

This is Philosophy, and as such this isn't going to be a place where someone will be "absolutely right". That's not what Philosophy is. Philosophy, at its more earnest, is the pursuit of Truth, not fact. This is not a battle ground, this is a forum designed to lead towards a higher truth of the natural world. If you want facts, study Science and History. Philosophy is where you ask "What is?", not "How?".

Can you have fun with this?
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Bespinben

To be a god, you must be "god of...", implying power or domain over said thing. Are you perhaps the god of your desktop?
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Waddle Bro

I'm who gives the meaning, what else is a god supposed to do?

Bubbles

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 14, 2015, 05:06:05 PMI'm god.
You can't prove that you're not the only real being existing and that everything else isn't just a simulation or dreamlike experience. So you really could be god

but im the haruhi of the real world obviously

Waddle Bro

screw you bubbles i've been working on my haruhiism + subjective idealism theory for a while now you can't just burst in like that

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 14, 2015, 05:33:55 PMI'm who gives the meaning, what else is a god supposed to do?
Cogito ergo sum. I give meaning, and define that meaning to my life. Therefore I am God as well.

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on November 14, 2015, 05:00:44 PMHere you can talk about varying world views, debate the idea or morality, ponder "the God question", and be the wannabe Nietzsche you think you are.
The answer to that question is Yes
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

Waddle Bro

You're just an idea in my mind maestro

Quote from: braixen1264 on November 14, 2015, 05:38:26 PMThe answer to that question is Yes
No

MaestroUGC

Quote from: Waddle Bro on November 14, 2015, 05:40:05 PMYou're just an idea in my mind maestro
If that's the case, can God even hypothesize something greater than even himself? That would imply you're an imperfect god, as you can't create something "more perfect", even as a theory. If you are an imperfect god, then would you even be properly classified as a god according to modern definitions of such a being? More seriously, if I exist only in your mind, am I also perfect, or an imperfection within you?

If you are a perfect god, and therefore a perfect being, would you even be capable of creating an imperfection? A perfect system does all things perfectly, as that is how it is defined. A perfect cannot create an imperfection without an imperfection already present, therefore it was never perfect to begin with.

You cannot be God, as I am not a perfect being. A perfect being can only define itself as a perfect, and if I define myself as imperfect I must be imperfect. God is a perfect being, and perfection cannot create imperfection, therefore you are not God.