News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda Timeline Theories

Started by pumpy_heart, February 26, 2008, 04:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpy_heart

@ Silence- First off, sorry. I thought I already responded to that.
Secondly, I agree with you on all that... I'm sorry for my small factual error. You are correct. Still, this changes nothing on the timeline.
@Brawl- That is known as the gametrailer's version. For a while, I agreed with that. However, after seeing other theories, I compiled my own. This appears to make the most logic to me after much thought put into this.
@Everyone- Any help with the Alttp question I raised? I'm not sure where the evidence leads this to go...

Brawler4Ever

If you think about it this way, then maybe some light will put on the subject(or whatever).

Ocarina is the splitting of the timeline, as you said.

Timeline A: In ALttP, Ganon converts the Golden Land to the Dark World. Aghanim brings him back with Zelda's unwilling help. This would happen after Majora's Mask.
MAYBE ALttP's Link's father is OoT Link. He has the shield, he has a sword, and apparently he's highly trained because he goes after Aghanim by himself.

Twilight Princess starts Timeline B, like you said. Ganon is still in the Golden Land, converts it the the Shadow World(or whatever it's called) and escapes through Zant. Somehow, a new Link appears, defeats him. And the story continues.

Why do I say this? One simple reason: Kakariko Village. I only remember OoT, Majora's Mask, ALttP, and Minish Cap. But, I don't think that any other game has Kakariko Village. So, I believe that Kakariko Village is the key. If I'm mistaken, please tell me, I don't want to be mistaken in this.

Another theory that I have is that Twilight Princess, OoT, and ALttP arer the same story, retold over the ages. :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Johnny T

I'm not big on trying to make an all-encompassing timeline, mainly because it isn't intended to be made into one.

However, I will mention that in A Link to the Past, he's your uncle, not your father.

pumpy_heart

Hm...I haven't thought of Kakariko too much.
If it was built in a about 7 years, it could be destroyed just as fast. It's not that hard to wipe out a village when you control the land.
I think Lake Hylia plays more a part than a village. I guess you could make the same argument about destroying a lake, but it appears to be much harder than a village.

razer84

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on March 08, 2008, 06:03:48 AMWhy do I say this? One simple reason: Kakariko Village. I only remember OoT, Majora's Mask, ALttP, and Minish Cap. But, I don't think that any other game has Kakariko Village. So, I believe that Kakariko Village is the key. If I'm mistaken, please tell me, I don't want to be mistaken in this.

TP has Kakariko Village in it as well.

damn commies.

Mr_Chicken

BOOOOST
so
Probably no one cares about the timeline anymore...
But I do!
I think nintendo's excuse for breath of the wild was horrible.
So what they should do is move four swords adventures from the bottom of the Child timeline into the top of the adult timeline
then put breath of the wild and tears of the kingdom below twilight princess
then it all makes sense!
as long as Hyrule warriors isn't canon...
Finally Totk is out and we can put the koroks behind us. What? 900 more?!? Thanks Nintendo.

BlackDragonSlayer

the timeline was always a fleeting hope to begin with :'(
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber