News:

Spotted an error on the main site? Let us know!

Main Menu

Does Australia Exist?

Started by Mashi, October 16, 2015, 09:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mashi

I would like to propose several arguments that refute the notion that there exists a continent named Australia that is home to an ancestry of criminals and also a cesspool of dangerous, diverse animals that could kill any population within years.  I'll begin my argument with logical propositions and then lead onto real world examples.

1. Suppose that Australia exists.
2. Suppose that Australia is a country.
3. Suppose that Australia is a continent.
4. However, we know there are seven continents.  Those continents being North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, and Atlantis.
5. The existence of Australia suggests the existence of an eight continent, which is clearly impossible.
6. Therefore, Australia does not exist.

2. If Australia exists, there must be living people in the world that have visited Australia.
3. There is no primary evidence that living people in the world have visited Australia; only baseless claims and photos that could easily be photoshopped.
4. Therefore, Australia does not exist.

2. Suppose that dangerous animals that could destroy an entire population within years exist.
3. Then even if a population existed in Australia, that population would be eliminated within years and thus, Australia would not host people to live on it.
4. Since no one is living in Australia, there is no proof of its existence.
5. Therefore, Australia does not exist.

2. Suppose that Austria exists.
3. Then Australia is a typo for Austria.
4. Therefore, Australia does not exist.

And there you have it!  I'm open to hearing the stances of others on this intense, ubiquitously relevant issue.  It's certainly an important topic of discussion in any intellectual circle.

FireArrow

It's an interesting study, but you forgot to account for time dilation. If you analyze how vegemite particles behave when exposed to high amounts of radiation, it's within reason to assume Australia could exist beyond the multiverse in a place we know as "Canada."
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

InsigTurtle

While "Canada" is theorized to exist, its presence has not yet been confirmed. Additionally, I believe that "Australia" is a physical impossibility in a 3-dimensional universe. However, it may be able to exist in universes of higher dimensions.

AwesomeYears

Why you bulling us Australians? :(

Olimar12345

On the contrary, why are you supposed "Australians" trying to trick us?

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Clanker37

I...I don't know what to say...The evidence is clear

If I am not Australian I must be...Oh god no...

I must be...

American

or worse

British

or worse still

British-American

At least this explains my internal conflicting desire to both drink tea and throw it in the ocean.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

Quote from: FireArrow on October 16, 2015, 10:15:22 PMIt's an interesting study, but you forgot to account for time dilation. If you analyze how vegemite particles behave when exposed to high amounts of radiation, it's within reason to assume Australia could exist beyond the multiverse in a place we know as "Canada."
Ah yes, but we should also consider; should we consider higher-dimensional entities as existing within the plane of existence for our 3D worlds?  Can an Australia in the 4th or higher dimension really be called Australia?

Quote from: InsigTurtle on October 17, 2015, 12:53:53 AMWhile "Canada" is theorized to exist, its presence has not yet been confirmed. Additionally, I believe that "Australia" is a physical impossibility in a 3-dimensional universe. However, it may be able to exist in universes of higher dimensions.
Took the words from my mouth!  Good rebuttal.

Quote from: Clanker37 on October 17, 2015, 07:29:18 AMI...I don't know what to say...The evidence is clear

If I am not Australian I must be...Oh god no...

I must be...

American

or worse

British

or worse still

British-American

At least this explains my internal conflicting desire to both drink tea and throw it in the ocean.
Australian faux-identity disorder is a serious issue that still does not have a cure today.  I can only give you my compassion.  God help you if you turn out to be American-British.  We're supporting you!

GaryOak

mashi plz it's u who don't exit
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Pianist Da Sootopolis

IDK what this thread is about but the world is flat
what is shitpost

Trainer Ave

YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?