17yangs' Arrangement: Cianwood City (Pokemon HgSs)

Started by 17yangs, October 10, 2015, 10:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonValentino

Hi and welcome!

Tobbeh99

Welcome! :)

Your pdf looks a lot different than your mus. I'm guessing you used another notation program for your pdf. It is smart if you use the same to keep your files identical, and also if you use a finale program since that's what the site allows (Finale notepad is free).

Musically there are some thoughts I have for feedback:
-measure 1-2: why is there a dot on the 32th note? Doesn't make sense rhythmically since 4 32th notes = 1 8th note. 
-sometimes you have a 16th note followed by a 16th note rest. I think it would look better as a staccato 8th note.

Otherwise I have to give you credit for your good formatting on your pdf, the only thing left is the pno.

Also take a look at the Unofficial Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal Project and see if anyone already has arranged the song.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Altissimo

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 11, 2015, 04:11:45 AMAlso take a look at the Unofficial Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal Project and see if anyone already has arranged the song.

They haven't. Ecruteak/Cianwood is one of the few that's too tricky to just transcribe and have it work for piano, so I know several people were involved in that. Plus, the HGSS remix has slight differences between Ecruteak and Cianwood so it wouldn't be straight up the same thing anyway! :p

Latios212

Oh, Cianwood from HGSS is way different, more than enough to warrant its own arrangement.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

17yangs

Hi, Thanks for the replies!
Quote from: DonValentino on October 11, 2015, 02:37:01 AMI don't think anyone will feedback a sheet made straight up from a midi file.
Do you mean my mus file? I did convert the midi file to a mus using Finale Notepad. How would you recommend making the sheet?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 11, 2015, 04:11:45 AM-measure 1-2: why is there a dot on the 32th note? Doesn't make sense rhythmically since 4 32th notes = 1 8th note. 
Yeah, it does look like there are dots on the 32nd notes. Those are actually supposed to be ties that connect the 32nd notes to the subsequent 8th notes. I'll see if I could fix these.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on October 11, 2015, 04:11:45 AMthe only thing left is the pno.
What do you mean by the pno?

Altissimo

Quote from: 17yangs on October 11, 2015, 08:19:21 AMDo you mean my mus file? I did convert the midi file to a mus using Finale Notepad. How would you recommend making the sheet?

Well, it should match the PDF, for one thing, but it should also just generally be really clean looking. Like, you switch clefs a lot in the left hand in the PDF, but the treble clef ones should maybe be put in the upper staff (with an indication to play with left hand if they're unreachable by the right)? I'm just eyeballing, but in general, it shouldn't look like a midi transcription... I don't really know how to describe that though :/

Tobbeh99

By pno. I mean the abbreviation that appears before every staff system.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

DonValentino

Quote from: 17yangs on October 11, 2015, 08:19:21 AMDo you mean my mus file? I did convert the midi file to a mus using Finale Notepad. How would you recommend making the sheet?

I meant that we're not very fond of arrangements made entirely by copying a midi. However, I just saw the pdf, and now I suppose you mean you arranged the pdf by ear but then used a midi to make the mus? I see the pdf, I see the mus, I'm confuse ._.

17yangs

Quote from: DonValentino on October 11, 2015, 11:46:48 AMI meant that we're not very fond of arrangements made entirely by copying a midi. However, I just saw the pdf, and now I suppose you mean you arranged the pdf by ear but then used a midi to make the mus? I see the pdf, I see the mus, I'm confuse ._.
I arranged the pdf and midi by ear using a different software, and converted the midi to mus using Finale. I'm going to try to make remake the mus file from scratch later when I have time.

DonValentino

Ohoho no problem then! Sorry for the inquiry, just wanted to be sure. Good work! :J

17yangs

I've fixed the mus so that it's not a transcription of the midi. Here is the new link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jpyfuqqgx3am7zc/Cianwood%20City.mus?dl=0
I also corrected some minor mistakes in the pdf:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aueqj2va9lihws7/_Cianwood_City_.pdf?dl=0

Is there any way to convert a mus to a pdf?

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: 17yangs on October 12, 2015, 06:11:27 PMIs there any way to convert a mus to a pdf?
You can get a program like CutePDF or another free PDF "printer." Then, in Finale, go to print, and you can select CutePDF Writer as your printer. When you click print, a box comes up that allows you to save a PDF file. Pretty neat program actually.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player