News:

Rest in pepperoni, Mario Mario, 1981 - 2021
He will be missed by all, except for me! WARIO, NUMBER ONE!

Main Menu

mastersuperfan's Arrangements (NEW: Rhythm Heaven!)

Started by mastersuperfan, October 05, 2015, 06:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan's Arrangements

NEWEST ARRANGEMENT: "Dating Start!" (Undertale)

Original
[close]

The next one will likely be from: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness

---

Accepted

"Cross-Examination ~ Allegro 2002" (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All)
[MUSX] [MUS] [PDF] [MID] [ZIP] [Folder]

Original
[close]

"Dating Tense!" (Undertale)

Original
[close]

"Death by Glamour" (Undertale)

Original
[close]

"Ludicolo Dance" (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)

Original
[close]

"Nuzleaf's House" (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)

Original
[close]

"Pancham and Shelmet" (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)

Original
[close]

"Telling the Truth 2007" (Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney)

Original
[close]

"World Star" (Super Mario 3D World)

Original
[close]

---

In Submissions

1) "Here Comes Team Charm!" (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)

2) "Toy Tracks" (Kirby's Epic Yarn)

---

Drafts

"Bergentrückung" (Undertale)

"Dating Start!" (Undertale)

"Here Comes Team Charm!" (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)

"Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate" (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)

"Pearl Fey ~ With Pearly" (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All)

"Toy Tracks" (Kirby's Epic Yarn)

"Wrong Enemy" (Undertale)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Gonna give this thread a wee bump after the renovations
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

mastersuperfan

Newest Arrangement: "Jowd ~ A Captive of Fate" (Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective)

Original
[close]

Of course, feedback is appreciated! I'm surprised that no GT music is already on the site, and I certainly plan to do more of these!

Altissimo

Ghost Trick needs more love. By everyone.

The actual arrangement seems fine (i'd have to get it a much more thorough look over than just listening once to search for mistakes, but it seems fine), but there's a few notational/whatever things i noticed:

-m. 1-6, maybe make the eighth rests between the eighth notes into one quarter rest?
-m. 7-8, as written the RH has to play a 10th (C-E) and then a 9th (D-E) quickly and accurately. I usually consider an octave the upper limit for one hand, and if you moved the bottom of the RH line down to the LH, you would have the LH playing octaves there. Might be easier to play. Same for m. 15-16, 33-34, and 41-42.
-A personal opinion - looping music should always do repeats!

mastersuperfan

Newest Arrangement: "Toy Tracks" (Kirby's Epic Yarn)

Original
[close]

Arrrrgh why can't humans have 3 hands

This one's still a bit rough. Hearing the notes and transcribing them isn't difficult, but there are two points of concern that I have:

1) Enharmonic spellings. I suck at 'em and I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes with them.

2) Measures 35-41. Since there are 3 different parts (which would be perfect for 3 hands!!!), I ended up having to shift the middle voice up two octaves into the right hand, and I'm not sure I particularly like the way it turned out in some measures, such as m41. On the other hand, without those harmonies, the arrangement feels too empty to me at that spot. Feedback on how I should change this, or if the way I've done it is all right?

Of course, any other feedback is welcome as well!

Altissimo

Quote from: mastersuperfan on December 29, 2015, 07:50:24 PM1) Enharmonic spellings. I suck at 'em and I'm sure there are plenty of mistakes with them.

General rule: Ascending lines get sharps, descending lines get flats.

More specific examples:
-m. 1, RH - A-flat should be G-sharp. Same with the one in the LH in the same measure. same in m. 49
-m 36 is an A major chord on beat 2.5. D-flat (both here and in the LH) should be C#. Same in m. 40.
-Preeeeeetty sure the D-flat in m. 47 should be a C#. I think this is meant to be heard as a diminished 7th and that's how you'd spell that.

mastersuperfan

Quote from: Altissimo on December 29, 2015, 10:04:42 PMGeneral rule: Ascending lines get sharps, descending lines get flats.

More specific examples:
-m. 1, RH - A-flat should be G-sharp. Same with the one in the LH in the same measure. same in m. 49
-m 36 is an A major chord on beat 2.5. D-flat (both here and in the LH) should be C#. Same in m. 40.
-Preeeeeetty sure the D-flat in m. 47 should be a C#. I think this is meant to be heard as a diminished 7th and that's how you'd spell that.

Thanks, and fixed! Geez I need to learn to deal with notating all these accidentals

Newest Arrangement: "Epilogue" (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)

Original
[close]

Short one... but it hit me right in the feels. Powerful.

This one's a little messy at some points, but mostly I like the way it came out.

Next one will be a contribution to the Undertale Arrangement Project, with its brand-new official status!

mastersuperfan

mastersuperfan

Wow, this place is old...

I never thought I'd be posting in here again, but here's a new sheet I just finished and (I think) my longest one yet:

"Remix 10" - [NDS] Rhythm Heaven

Original: