News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

The UNOFFICIAL Undertale Arrangement Project

Started by Yug_Guy, September 30, 2015, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I keep the claiming system in place?

Yes. I feel better knowing that someone else won't try to arrange the same song as I am.
No. I'd like to arrange the songs I want on my time, not on someone else's whim.
Doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Kinne

That's good, but it looks like you don't link to the sheet music in the descriptions of your videos. So it's great that you're doing it, but I was hoping to get the sheet music so I could play it on my own music box, instead of just a video of someone playing it.

JesterMusician

Quote from: Kinne on November 29, 2015, 03:11:11 PMThat's good, but it looks like you don't link to the sheet music in the descriptions of your videos. So it's great that you're doing it, but I was hoping to get the sheet music so I could play it on my own music box, instead of just a video of someone playing it.

I don't think you understand. I'm a nice jester.

"Memory"
[MID] [MUS] [PDF]
[Music box PDF]

(Note that the music box version plays in C, whereas the original is in E)

I suppose I could make this a full-on submission to the site.

Kinne

Awesome, thank you. Going to plug this into Music Box Composer to see how it sounds while I wait for my music box to ship

JesterMusician

Oh if you're using MBC I can just give you the MBC file.

Memory
[MBC]

By the way I also did Home (Music Box)
[MID] [MUS] [PDF]
[MBC]

Kinne

That is so much easier than counting the lines. Thanks again

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Enaryok

I finally finished my first try at Your Best Nightmare (Dropbox Link).

There are still some things that need some care, like the intro. Btw, did I already say Toby's a fucking genius? The way he worked each SOUL theme so it really renders the personnality of the given SOUL is insane. I'm sure he even got like "heh, gonna choose a simple scale for this one, 'cause like, kindness SOUL"... It's like the game, I both love it and hate it (day 31, still feeling too hard...).

Yug_Guy

Quote from: Enaryok on December 02, 2015, 08:33:07 AMI finally finished my first try at Your Best Nightmare (Dropbox Link).

There are still some things that need some care, like the intro. Btw, did I already say Toby's a fucking genius? The way he worked each SOUL theme so it really renders the personnality of the given SOUL is insane. I'm sure he even got like "heh, gonna choose a simple scale for this one, 'cause like, kindness SOUL"... It's like the game, I both love it and hate it (day 31, still feeling too hard...).
Bravo, sir. I'm sure getting this done was no small feat!

One thing I will say is that Flowey's final boss form is called Omega Flowey. Sure sounds a lot better than "Photoshop Flowey."  :P

Tobbeh99

Some feedback on "Your Best Nightmare"

-Those up and downwards arpeggiated chords can be written in a much better way than arp. chord + marcato. In Finale (full version) you can create an articulation and set the font to "EngraverTextH" and then select symbols 72-77, they are arrpegiated chords with arrows.
If you don't have finale you could use my Template here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/24842881/Template..zip
it has those arpeggiated chords with arrows added as articulations.

Measures 49-56: Why do you have the grace notes split up into 2 groups? I suggest grouping them as one, if you don't have a good reason to split them up.

Measures 53-56: The RH is unplayable, you can't play the trills and the melody, quite obvious. You have to work around this and make these measures playable.

Measures 64-74: Emm I don't know if this key signature is acceptable, but it might be, idk. A more common alternative might be to write it as C-major/A-minor (no flats and sharps) and use accidentals.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Dudeman

I believe the melody in the Kindness SOUL portion has a harmonic line running a third below it. Try rewriting that section with thirds instead of octaves.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Enaryok

I'm taking all of that into account, thanks for the feedback!

M. 64 to 74, it's like that because of the whole tone scale used.

And for the name, according to the wiki:
QuoteThis form called Photoshop Flowey in the Neutral Credits, although it is often called Omega Flowey by fans.

Yug_Guy

QuoteThis form called Photoshop Flowey in the Neutral Credits, although it is often called Omega Flowey by fans.
Fair enough.

Enaryok

Update done!
Grace notes reassembled, proper alarm chords, playable trills, a new intro, and kindness SOUL right hand with rearranged octaves and third (that I didn't hear, thanks for finding it =) )

BrainyLucario

When given the choice between adulting and music, choose music every time.

ShadowChords

Quote from: BrainyLucario on December 02, 2015, 01:27:33 PMI'll arrange The Choice and Undertale.

Hey! So I'm currently arranging an Undertale medley, and I'm trying to make it possible to only use NSM sheets for my project (since this website is so awesome). I've started with the start menu theme, and I plan on using Latios212's arrangement of "Home", and I'm definitely using "Snowy", but I'm wondering if anyone has done Papyrus' theme (or "Nyeh Heh Heh!"), His Theme (or "Undertale"), or the Nastablook Theme (aka "Ghost Battle Theme.")

P.S. The project's going along great. Nice job guys! Especially you, Yug Guy.
I can arrange for quartets and quintets. I'm willing to review any Pokemon arrangement.

And here's my YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MansionXx