News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

Wii Want(ed) Mewtwo in Brawl!

Started by Tgamer240, June 12, 2008, 05:32:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tgamer240

Mewtwo, in my opinon, was one of my favorite characters in melee (being equal to Ice Climbers and topped by Mr. Game and Watch). I think Nintendo ignored our pleas, and replaced a perfectly good character with a slightly uncool character, Lucario.
My thought? I think they both could've been in. :-) But Nooooooooooooooo!
Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

Brawler4Ever

My thoughts? I hated just about every character that you just said. I didn't like Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Game and Watch, or Lucas. But I'm happy with Lucario. (And I hate Ness, btw)
Mewtwo loked cool and stuff, but I never used him/it/her as a...character that I would duel my friends with. I was never really good with him.

Strange how the world works...  :P
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Dihan

I loved using Mr Game and Watch, Mewtwo and Pichu against my friends.

Now I still love using Mr Game and Watch because he's so good!

blah54

people also wanted dixie kong, geno, ridley, dark samus, krystal, isaac, black shadow etc... but none of them were in the game (as playable chars...)

i would've like to have seen mewtwo return as well but...
plenty of chars could have been in... no sense in complaining cause' they weren't, you won't be able to change anything...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

KefkaticFanatic

You have terrible tastes.  The Ice climbers were terrible in melee, and Game and Watch was just a filler character.  Mewtwo was meh, but its not like we're going to influence any of the giant corporate monsters at Nintendo anyways.  Also, they had to replace Mewtwo with a more recent character for the new generation of kids that are now seeing the movie with Lucario, as opposed to the one from like 7 years ago with Mewtwo in it.  Its all about marketing and money.  Just like the "leak".  The only point of it was to get people all hyped up for the game, and they sure succeeded with that one.

me irl
[close]

Dihan

Game and Watch filler?

He's one of the most unique characters in the game. Roy, Dr Mario and Pichu were fillers.

KefkaticFanatic

He was filler.  Those are clones.  Two totally different things.  It doesn't matter whether he is unique, he was filler.

me irl
[close]

Gooch

Lucario is the Pimped out version of Mewtwo. Lucario has the same moves in all reality, Lucario is much more useful, Lucario's damage is the same as Mewtwo but grows exponentially as his damage grows. All in all, Lucario is much better than Mewtwo. The Iceclimbers are pretty much horrible. Mr. Game&Watch is only funny to watch, and only really useful if you get over his fairly massive learning curve. Lucas is a much lesser version of Ness, and Ness is horrible in this game, if that tells you anything. I personally think you need to invest in another character like Marth, Meta-Knight or Snake. Someone other than those you just listed that are playable in this game. But, long story short, we don't want nor did we ever want Mewtwo in this game. Im actually glad to see him go.

Shervin

i dont know why you guys are saying ice climbers are horrible they fucking destroyed. they were on the top half of the tier list and my friend is amazing with them. if you know how to wave dash and chain grab....

all in all he was amazing

and i dont see game and watch as a filler character. gamer, please stop saying your views of everything are fact. they arent. not eveyone sees the same way you do.

KefkaticFanatic

Obviously you're totally against my opinions and decide to flame them instead of argue against them.  Which probably means you're feeling insecure about your own opinions.  But anyways, how the hell does it come across that I'm saying it is 100% true?  That's how anyone who has an opinion to state would talk.

me irl
[close]

Shervin

"He was filler.  Those are clones.  Two totally different things.  It doesn't matter whether he is unique, he was filler."

generally when people state opinions they say things like "i think" or "in my opinion" you said things like

"he was"

"those are"

that implies that you speak fact

"You have terrible tastes.  The Ice climbers were terrible in melee, and Game and Watch was just a filler character."

by publicly saying someone has terrible tastes you are saying they are wrong and you are right. which also implies that you think you are speaking fact. no one wants their opinion bashed just because you feel they are wrong and you are right.

and in this statement you had no intention of making people think you were saying your opinion. you made it seem like you were speaking fact.

i say again. generally people say things like "i think" or "in my opinion".

i do not feel insecure at all. i dont let the opinions and bad attitudes, so to speak, affect me on the internet. i am not completely 100% against you. that just what you choose to see because you are always on the defensive because you flame people and bash everything that isnt your view from what i have seen.

KefkaticFanatic

You seem to be pretty new on the internet considering you get all worked up about this kinda thing.  Get used to it.  Just about anyone you run into will talk like that if they have a strong feeling about some sort of thing.  Which is basically everyone on forums.

And you're the one and only person I've ever seen that defends their favour of the Ice Climbers, as everyone I know is against them.  Everyone.  That means the bunch of guys I know that are tourney rules freaks that would know for sure what character is bad.

me irl
[close]

Da Spazz

Lucas beats both Mewtwo and Lucario. End of story
1337 l5 l-l4l2l> 70 134l2^/

Shiny Boy

I mained the ICs for a while in Melee, I've only used them in Brawl doing Random character matches. Same with G&W. There's simply no denying the unstoppable power of a pair of Home-Run Bats, or a slew of sausages. It's just that in Brawl, the two have pretty much the worst FSes around, which puts them at an inescapable disadvantage in any kind of fight.
I don't believe G&W was filler in either game. Dr. Mario was definitely filler, being a substantially worse version of a pretty-good character. Peach and Young Link felt like filler to me. Just the ones I felt kinda slighted when I unlocked them, those are the ones I thought of as filler.
@Gamer-Shervin dispute, the strong statement of your (occasionally fallacious) opinions is pretty annoying, but I don't see it as being much of a problem unless it goes on much longer. Because I'm already getting some serious headachey Deja Vu.
Da Spazz is probably right on this one anyway.
Bow to me, for I am...Shiny Boy!

Shadoninja

Quote from: Shervin on June 15, 2008, 11:44:31 PMi dont know why you guys are saying ice climbers are horrible they fucking destroyed. they were on the top half of the tier list and my friend is amazing with them. if you know how to wave dash and chain grab....

all in all he was amazing

and i dont see game and watch as a filler character. gamer, please stop saying your views of everything are fact. they arent. not eveyone sees the same way you do.
silly shervin, tiers are for queers. *gets punched by bowser*
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman