News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Windows 10

Started by skiaak, September 19, 2015, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiaak

Windows 10 has been released for a while in tbe Microsoft community. What are your thoughts and/or comments? Likes? Dislikes?
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

braix

I'm indifferent. I was used to the start menu in Win 8 so I kinda miss that but besides that I don't really care
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Quote from: braixen1264 on September 19, 2015, 10:20:20 PMI'm indifferent. I was used to the start menu in Win 8 so I kinda miss that but besides that I don't really care
there's the door

Windows 10 is gr8, I love the familiar feeling of pushing the window button and having a small popup appear in the bottom left.  I still have a shortcut to the control panel on my desktop because tbh I have no clue how to find it now.  It's not in the all apps list
unmotivated

Winter

press the windows key and begin typing "control"

by the time i type the letters "co" I just press enter and the control panel launches

skiaak

Or just right click on the bottom left corner and select it.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

mikey

It's still on my desktop so I might as well just use it on the desktop
unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Hah.

Windows 10?

More like

Windows 10!!!!!!

LOL
I like food.

JDMEK5

I love windows 10 I just hate how every single freakin' day my laptop is like, "Hey! Update Me!". X(
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

K-NiGhT

Quote from: JDMEK5 on October 29, 2015, 10:29:55 AMI love windows 10 I just hate how every single freakin' day my laptop is like, "Hey! Update Me!". X(
it's done that since like XP
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

Winter

Well you can turn off updates on most OS's, but not anymore... now MS forced it, they want everyone on 10. what I don't like is that I've installed very specific drivers, like I do NOT use the HDMI driver from AMD, but every few days it pops up in Windows update and 'fails' to install. I use DVI-D only, I do not need a driver for audio over HDMI.

Also I literally disable realtek audio in the bios because I have a sound card, but MS pulls my motherboard model and insists that I need the driver, it also fails to install every few days. I am extremely opposed to this decision.

Moreso, if you disable Cortana, the Cortana PROCESS never dies. if you intend to 100% terminate it, you have to navigate to it's location in file explorer, change the name of the (zip?) file and then the process can't find it's files. This works, but since the regular windows search feature is tied to Cortana, you have no search all of a sudden. Cortana is burned into the OS permanently. God damnit.

But multiple desktops rock. Play a game on desktop 2 with it running in windowed borderless mode, and then you can ctrl+win+left/right to instantly leave the game to an already configured desktop. Can't beat that.

Tons of improvements, tons of screw ups.

KefkaticFanatic

But there's literally no discernable effect on you to have the Cortana process running or any of those extraneous drivers installed unless you're upgrading straight from Windows 95 (and the corresponding hardware).

me irl
[close]

bendunk0234

Windows 10 normally has big updates in October and April, and with each update, Microsoft puts a lot of focus on new features, but it feels like Microsoft keeps moving in the wrong direction. ... Even with all these issues, Windows 10 is still an amazing operating system.
You can find activate windows offline methods at technumus.

rajeshzamesh

I stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd share my thoughts. Personally, I've been using Windows 10 for a while now, and I find it to be a pretty solid operating system. I really like the user interface and the ease of use. However, I do have a few dislikes, mainly around the forced updates and lack of control over certain settings. That being said, I still think it's a great choice for most people. By the way, I recently discovered a subreddit for windows 10 key cheap that might be useful for those looking for a good deal. Anyways, just thought I'd chime in and share my two cents. Oh, and I'm new to this forum. So nice to meet you all!

Tobbeh99

Quote from: rajeshzamesh on April 27, 2023, 07:43:42 AMI stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd share my thoughts. Personally, I've been using Windows 10 for a while now, and I find it to be a pretty solid operating system.

Not sure why I'm posting this here, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When I started getting an new PC with windows 10. I just disliked it. It just felt plain weird. But idk. After getting it set up, which I think that was the main hurdle, it works pretty fine. I feels like windows 7, which was a really solid system. 

pst, I suspect not upgrading to windows 11 is the best way. If windows 10 is a good version, the 11 will be "hrmm ... not as good" (aka. suck). Windows somehow seem to almost have a pattern with good windows bad windows, XP good, vista bad, 7 good 8 bad. So having some patience and waiting, might pay of!
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh