News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Malivari Town (My game's Demo)

Started by Egnio, June 12, 2008, 11:11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Egnio

Here's my game. There are 2 types of download:

The 11.9 megas one, which most people, if not everyone, will need
Or the 800 kbs one. But you can't use this one UNLESS you have Rm2k and the RTP installed (chances of someone of you having them are quite low, I bet)

Specifications (Aka, copy-paste of another forum)

That's it. Malivari Town (Thinking of changing the title to Malivari Simulation to make it sound a bit more Malivari RPG-eske).

You're Nolypoom, a malivari who's father was a wealthy malivari until thugs took all his money after kicking him in the face. Your objective is to fulfill your father's dream, to create a town out of an abandoned one (not accessible yet).

Rather than embarking on a wide adventure of epic proportions, this one focuses mainly on it's random daily events. People say different stuff depending on the day, the place, if it's raining or if you're drunk. They can visit other places rather than staying in a single one. Businesses close from time to time. On day, you can go fishing, while at night you can go do some street brawling. All that matters is the income.

Features of the game (Don't read if you want to explore the game's features by yourself. But if you have some questions, they might be answered here)

- Day/Night system, which allows the game to switch between Dawn, Morning, Evening at Night, each moment with different events. Also, while you're inside a building, rather than the screen panning, there's an indicator that tells you the time of the day, so you're ready to leave or be kicked.
- A watch that can tell the number of the day, month, year, and the day of the week you're on, but not the hour >_>
- Blinking system. Makes your character blink, and that's it.
- Random rainy days. Most people don't like to be outside on rainy days, but there are exemptions.
- Bank and wallet system. The money you can hold is limited to 300 Money, although you can go to the "bank" (which is a dude outside your house) to deposit and withdraw as much as you need, as long as you have it. Stored money increases by itself every week.
- Enemy system that allows you to see your enemies on the map rather than random battles, since this game does not focus on them at all. You can either defeat them or flee in battle and you'll have a pair of seconds to run from them before they go for you again. If you're defeated, you'll be thrown out of the town and lose all the Money you're holding (Before anyone asks, the only way I could make the last part work was fully healing the character, so I know it looks bad to be healthy just after you collapsed and got robbed). Since the 3-on-1 battle is apparently impossible (unless you level up a few times), and you might not want to go to the inn to heal over and over again, whenever a new day starts, you'll heal some HP.
- Random NPC dialogs. Most NPCs will say different comments when you talk to them, ALSO based on the time of the day, the day, if it's raining and wether if you're drunk or not.
- Drunken system. Go drink a beer and realize that Nolypoom has absolutely no alcohol resistance. Be prepared for a trippy ride.
- Fishing. Buy a fishing rod and you can go fish right away. Fish sleep at night, but not on rainy days.
- Fame. Not fully implemented yet, but in theory it should work on the future. The more amazing deeds you realize, the more famous you'll be.
- Music changes at night or when raining in outside maps
- On Saturday night, you can buy Rum and Wine at the pub
- While drunk, during saturday night, at the pub, talk to Cospo, and you might have to fight him.

Things to change/implement in the future:- Title screen. I know I screwed up.
- Longer days
- Get the Rain Fish while you can. Future update will have it rain way less than it actually does)
- Increase the game, of course
- Items to change the day of the week, the weather, and to heal the drunkness
- Cooking fish
- More items to explore places, and weapons to fight the thugs
- Monthly events
- Ways to remove the junk of the house and replace it
- Anything that comes to my mind later

In the case someone asks:
- You can buy the fishing rod for 100 Money on the fishing pond's shack at Dawn or Night as long as it's not raining.
- Even if you heal your drunkness in battle, if the effect of the beer(s) have not wore off yet, you might return to being drunk.
- You can't access the area below the "Kenbrow town" or whatever sign, because it's not made yet :P
- There's a house that you can't enter (The one with the goat on the evening). It'll be locked for a while

Suggestions are appreciated, questions might be answered.
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

KefkaticFanatic

Hmm sounds alot like Harvest moon.

I'll check it out later, sounds really cool.

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Well. This was quite fun, as much as my eyes could handle, at least. But I couldn't read any of the text, and there was an annoying black flash every 3-4 seconds. >_<.

I'm on..Windows Vista..If that matters. [Evil operating system]
1440x900 Reso.

And yeah. Fix? >_<. Walking around as that..Black guy..Is cool. xD. [I don't know what else to call him.]

Egnio

Quote from: MasterPenguin on June 12, 2008, 02:00:04 PMWell. This was quite fun, as much as my eyes could handle, at least. But I couldn't read any of the text, and there was an annoying black flash every 3-4 seconds. >_<.

I'm on..Windows Vista..If that matters. [Evil operating system]
1440x900 Reso.

And yeah. Fix? >_<. Walking around as that..Black guy..Is cool. xD. [I don't know what else to call him.]
Probably the resolution. About the text, it's a known issue. I have it damaged too >_>

Forgot how to fix it <_<
<Blizz>   [17:00:00] <Blizz> ♥ Harvest ♥

Davey

SuperFireKirby

My computer can't even open the download file because it's in a lzh compressed file or some bull like that. Please help.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!