Main Menu

The NSM Heroes III Adventure

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, September 07, 2015, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placeholder Poll?

Yes.
Yes?

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on September 11, 2015, 07:25:55 AMI'll be joining Dudeman as a Magic hero of Fortress.
take that scrubs i have davy on my side
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

ALL RIGHT! I have formulated an official battle plan.

-Signups will be open until the beginning of November 2nd (whenever I get online that day, essentially).
-Limit to number of people per faction is now down to four, given that I doubt there will be a bunch of people signing up, and six people from the start vs. one or two would be quite unfair.
-At this point in time, seven factions have people in them. If somebody signs up for a faction without anybody currently in it, the remaining empty factions will be closed off (i.e. If somebody signs up for the Conflux, Rampart and Tower will be closed to signups).

Submissions for story will be open from the 28th to October 4th, or until six ideas have been submitted. From October 5th (or earlier) to the 11th, the story vote will be open. From the 12th to the 18th, there will be a vote to decide the good factions; the two most popular options will be the winners. From the 19th to the 25th, there will be a vote to decide the evil factions out of the remainders; the three most popular options will be the winners. Any factions left over will be neutral (i.e. obstacles, but not essential to completing the objective). From the 26th to the 1st of November, the amount of water on the map will be determined based on three options. In case of ties, the option will be randomized.

After this, at dates yet to be determined, the main protagonist will be decided, three "boss" heroes will be voted on for the evil factions, and one for the neutral factions ("bosses" will basically have more primary skill points from the beginning, more secondary skills, and more creatures, and the ones from the evil factions might be guarding something depending on what the story is). After this, construction can be considered officially to have begun. At that point, there won't really be a solid timeline, and any votes/suggestion phases will be held as necessary.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Story submissions are currently CLOSED. Submissions will be open until October 4th, or when six ideas have been submitted (if way more are posted, though, this limit will be expanded). Just post in the thread to submit, one idea per person.

When the poll is done, this post will be updated with the results.

Ideas:
Submitted by BDS: An important diplomat is captured by villains. The hero has to travel across the land, defeating the villains and retrieving artifacts that open the way to the heavily-guarded mountain prison. If the hero doesn't rescue the diplomat in time, war will break out with another country.

Submitted by Nocturne: The princess gets stolen by a generic ugly dude and the protagonist has to waste half his life rescuing someone who will never thank him.

Submitted by Dudeman: An important courier is to send a secret message and package from one kingdom to another, presumably a peace offering of some sort to prevent these two distant kingdoms from attacking each other. Fearing a possible alliance, the other kingdoms are intent on killing the courier before he reaches his destination. The heroes act as the courier's bodyguard and are tasked with protecting him from the evil armies that have been sent after them. If the courier is killed, the quest fails instantly.

Results:
BDS's Idea
- 3 (50%)

Nocturne's Idea
- 2 (33.3%)
Dudeman's Idea
- 1 (16.7%)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Is there anything in specific that we need to put in the story? Kinda like a template
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

the princess gets stolen by a generic ugly dude and the protagonist has to waste half his life rescuing someone who will never thank him
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: braixen1264 on September 28, 2015, 11:51:34 AMIs there anything in specific that we need to put in the story? Kinda like a template
Not really any specific template, but it should follow the pattern of "Hero does (thing). Villains do (other thing) to try and stop them." :P

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on September 28, 2015, 01:17:58 PMthe princess gets stolen by a generic ugly dude and the protagonist has to waste half his life rescuing someone who will never thank him
is this serious

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

unmotivated

braix

Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

davy

I do have an idea for the story, but I want to work it out a bit more. If I can find the time I will post it tomorrow.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on October 03, 2015, 01:57:34 PMI do have an idea for the story, but I want to work it out a bit more. If I can find the time I will post it tomorrow.
Do you still want to post this before I put the poll up?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

braix

Wait I need to submit my story

EDIT: never mind, i suck at creativity

BlackDragonSlayer

The poll is up and ends on the 11th.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

New poll is up to decide the good factions. Due to the fact that I can't seem to change the poll options to alter the number of votes allowed, this poll will end on Thursday; the second poll will run Friday through Sunday.

Results:
Poll #1:
Castle
- 0 (0%)
Dungeon
- 0 (0%)
Fortress
- 0 (0%)
Inferno
- 1 (16.7%)
Necropolis
- 0 (0%)
Stronghold
- 4 (66.7%)
Cove
- 1 (16.7%)

Poll #2:
Castle
- 1 (14.3%)
Dungeon
- 1 (14.3%)
Fortress
- 0 (0%)
Inferno
- 2 (28.6%)
Necropolis
- 0 (0%)
Cove
- 3 (42.9%)

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

so does mean i'm a good guy

well that didn't go according to plan