News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

The NSM Heroes III Adventure

Started by BlackDragonSlayer, September 07, 2015, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placeholder Poll?

Yes.
Yes?

BlackDragonSlayer

Inspired by the NSM RPG... Jub said that such a project would probably be quite a complex thing to do, so I thought, why not try something a bit easier and more up my alley?

Here's how I plan to do it: users can sign up as a character under a faction (I'd prefer to limit it to six four people per faction at most; also, choose whether you want to be a might hero or magic hero). After a number of people have signed up, we can decide on which factions will represent the "good" side, and which will not (depending on how many people sign up, I'd like 2-3 "good" factions, with the rest, possible 4+, being hostile to the good faction, and any others remaining being "neutral" or otherwise self-serving for story purposes). After this, we can suggest and vote for a number of broad story options (for example, a story suggestion would be "Quest to retrieve the MacGuffin that will enable the hero to do X," or "Venture through the unexplored lands to find X that will make your country rich" :P).

Along the way, as I'm writing the story and other events that take place, I'll ask the users how they want the story to progress (e.g. Let's say there's a certain mountain pass you have to cross. I would then ask users what should happen here, for example, would there be an ambush, would there need to be a particular item or other obstacle your need to clear before you can, or would the mountain be in the vicinity of an enemy faction who controls the area, etc.). Other decisions could be stuff like "Who will be a boss-like character/powerful hero/main protagonist?" "What terrain is the town on?" or "Is the area mountainous, forested, etc.?" Again, while this project will be much easier than a full RPG (and will likely be completed much quicker), it will be less available to the users (however, if we want, it could be posted elsewhere for others).

This project will be made for the fan expansion to Heroes 3, called Horn of the Abyss, because of the additional tools and resources it offers. To read about the game and factions, go here. To read about HoTA, go here.

Castle:
Dude (Magic)

Conflux:

Dungeon:
AwesomeYears (Magic)

Fortress:
Dudeman (Magic)
davy (Magic)

Inferno:
K-NiGhT (Might)
mariolegofan (Might)

Necropolis:
BDS (Might)

Rampart:

Stronghold:
Yugi (Might)

Tower:

Cove:
braixen1264 (Magic)
NocturneOfShadow (Might)

Story Thus Far:
Basic premise: An important diplomat is captured by villains. The hero has to travel across the land, defeating the villains and retrieving artifacts that open the way to the heavily-guarded mountain prison. If the hero doesn't rescue the diplomat in time, war will break out with another country.

Good factions are Stronghold and Cove.

Evil factions are Castle (boss: Dude), Inferno (boss: K-NiGhT), and Fortress (boss: Dudeman).

Neutral factions are Dungeon and Necropolis (boss: AwesomeYears).

braixen1264 is the protagonist of the story.

Progress (Screenshots, etc.):

12/1/15

[close]
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Dudeman

is this a story you are writing

Magic hero of Fortress.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

AwesomeYears

So this is like D&D in the way you are telling the adventure like a DM?

Dungeon plz.

Dudeman

From what I can tell, it seems to be more like a fan mod of a fan mod. Er, expansion. Whatever.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: AwesomeYears on September 07, 2015, 06:32:37 PMSo this is like D&D in the way you are telling the adventure like a DM?
Kind of. To clarify, it's essentially going to go like this:
1: Basic creative decisions are worked out.
2: I start making the map.
3: When I come to a part where a fairly important decision should be made (see earlier examples), I ask the community what they want.
4: This continues until the map is finished.
5: Balancing, additional flavor, etc. is added.

Quote from: Dudeman on September 07, 2015, 06:41:29 PMFrom what I can tell, it seems to be more like a fan mod of a fan mod. Er, expansion. Whatever.
The game has a map editor that you can use to create maps.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

might hero of inferno pls

even tho i have no fucking clue what's about to happen
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

braix

Cove (Magic)

uh did i do that right?
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

AwesomeYears

mikey

oh, I think I get it
so I want to be from cove, but might to balance out zoro's weaknesses.
unmotivated

braix

assuming i have any weaknesses pfft
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

you're probably squishy
I'll peel 4 u my adc
unmotivated

Yugi

davy

I'll be joining Dudeman as a Magic hero of Fortress.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

braix

Dude