News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

So, Insig may be able to compose stuff, eh?

Started by InsigTurtle, September 05, 2015, 04:40:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

InsigTurtle

But it's all currently in MIDI form. Depending on the program, the instrument volumes can be super unbalanced. I wouldn't listen to these using Finale instruments, since it can get pretty weird. Can't be bothered to edit them in a DAW, so here y'all go.
Also, strange names galore.

aflaflaflafla.mid
This guy uses 'gunshot' as an instrument. Prett redneck, eh? All joking aside, it's a pretty generic slow thing in E minor.

mooperino.mid
More of a pop influence. I don't know what I was going for, here.

dooperino.mid
This is supposed to be like a 'lower dungeon'-esque remix of mooperino.mid. Sort of subdued and more melancholic.

varniceaminor2.mid
Slow piano arrangement of niceaminor2.mid, which I might post here in the future.

freshhalibutupd.mid
Along with its variations, relies heavily on 1-7-6-5 progression (minor). Whee creativity.

freshhaddockupd.mid
I feel that my descriptions are becoming more inane by the second. Probably not because it's 4:30 am. Slightly darker variation of freshhalibutupd.mid. More like stalehaddock, amirite. There's a small canon-like section ici.

freshherringupd.mid
I'm hungry. Herring would be nice, as long as it's not surströmming. Sorry, Swedish people.
This guy again has a pop song influence. It's again a variation of fresh halibut. The instrument volumes are whack. I like the C section, where the guitar goes whee and the piano goes whee and then the 3 against 2 rhythm.

I'm going to sleep.

Might post more of my previous stuff, once I make it nicer.

InsigTurtle

My sleep-deprived self posts some interesting things, doesn't he. He's not terribly good at selling stuff.

So here's mooperino and dooperino again, not in midi form. They're just variations on the same theme.

As with everything else, they loop once. They're private, so I'm too lazy to embed them properly.

https://soundcloud.com/insigturtle/mooperino/s-fiyk6
https://soundcloud.com/insigturtle/dooperino/s-hgZwj

cashwarrior1

InsigTurtle

I just use Finale to make the MIDI file, then I import it into either an online MIDI thing if I'm lazy, or into that one DAW that Apple makes. I'm not used to the note inputting in DAWs.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

cashwarrior1

Ah, so you did use Finale. I should try that out :)

InsigTurtle

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbkxxlajap0k7ik/Redoubt%20Ridge.mid?dl=0

Working uniquely in Finale has major downsides. I might fix it up later once I get the hang of using DAWs.
I worked on the beginning during socials class while everyone was watching people get slaughtered during World War 2 battles and such. This one has some interesting bass rhythms at times, 3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+3+2 in the beginning and 3+3+3+3+2+2 in that section that goes on and on. Admittedly, I got bored of writing this one towards the end, so the melody isn't quite up to par.

InsigTurtle

I forgot about this.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8dvgsrtaee5592z/song%20for%20waggle.mus?dl=0
I wrote this for someone else when I was a bit really drunk on New Year's Eve/Day. And that'll probably be the only time I'll ever write something in C major.

cashwarrior1

InsigTurtle

Yee, at a point they start sounding a bit cute, though.

Imma try composing something else today while drunk, so if you're interested stay tuned and all that jazz.

cashwarrior1

Well you're good at classical pieces. You said you use MIDI things online, what one would you say is the best?

mastersuperfan

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on February 11, 2016, 03:00:36 PMthere's also a huge difference in quality between 2000 songs and 2010 songs
Quote from: Latios212 on February 11, 2016, 03:29:24 PMThe difference between 2000 songs and 2010 songs is 10 songs.

E. Gadd Industries

Near the end, it starts to sound a little like Luigi's Mansion.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

InsigTurtle

just a snap of a happy birthday thing i'm writing for a very good friend indeed and you should have no reason to doubt the fact that they are a very good friend.
plus i'm fekking tired of playing happy birthday so i'm going to add dies irae to one of the variations so it's like a "happy birthday you're going to die" thing.
he has a morbid sense of humour, so i think he'll appreciate it : P

i'll also try to harmonize his "nine inch dildos" thing for SATB, which i think will turn out very pleasantly and tastefully.

InsigTurtle

Just another update. I don't know if I'll post it here, but I just finished something for school that's okay.
In it, tried using some new things. In one part, I used a cluster from C1-C2, a Dbmaj7add#11 and Emin/maj7 all at the same time. It's quite interesting, I think, using sharp dissonance. I might try it out a lot more in the future.