News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

[Wii] Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii

Started by skiaak, August 30, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skiaak

Damn it. If you have time though, please consider to help out.
Mariolegofan to become NSM updater team!

LifeMushroom

Why? It won't get accepted onto the site anyway. Newer is dying anyway. Not as a hack, but many people have played it already and the hype has died down a little. What's the point in doing this huge project?

skiaak

Just so that all the soundtracks can be played on the piano. Newer deserves more attention on its songs, above all. That's why this is here.

UPDATE: Bowser Bridge has been fixed up and edited. Added to the list!

LifeMushroom

Was the MIDI available or did you look at the PDF? I forget.

skiaak

I looked at the PDF and listened to the soundtrack. I used an online metronome to determine the beats. I changed up several notes and their octaves too because they didn't sound quite right.

skiaak

Oasis has joined the team! Hooray! Also, a note.

Please claim a song by posting here in this thread first before you start working on it. This will prevent accidental dupes. Thanks!

skiaak

The forest theme has been added to the OP. Enjoy.

skiaak

Welcome kinoko, to the Newer on Piano project team!

Oasis

May I claim the mountain please? Thank you.

A quick question: If I am using Finale Notepad, how can I covert it to an XML file?
"I set my ATM card's number to "0001" because I'm number one!"
Tobbeh99

Just some feedback: you should probably put some information like game name, composer, copyright to keep the sheets consistent.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

skiaak

Quote from: Oasis on September 04, 2015, 04:31:30 PMMay I claim the mountain please? Thank you.

A quick question: If I am using Finale Notepad, how can I covert it to an XML file?

Sure.

skiaak

Quote from: Oasis on September 04, 2015, 04:31:30 PMMay I claim the mountain please? Thank you.

Click Export as XML. You could also give me the MUS file if you want.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 04, 2015, 04:46:48 PMJust some feedback: you should probably put some information like game name, composer, copyright to keep the sheets consistent.

I have the game name, which is Newer, and the composer and copyright are also included as well.

TheMarioPianist

Hey, just wanted to point out a couple things.

-Firstly, I think you should limit file formats to PDF, MIDI, and .mus. Why? First of all, those are the ones that are accepted on NSM, and even though these songs won't get accepted, it would be more friendly for our users if we established the same pattern. Besides, the xml format is just a simple click away from .mus. I wouldn't even list the other file types that are not accepted, people should know that.
-In addition, I think we should make a project template based off of the one here. All you have to do is open the template on that page in Finale, put in info that would be the same for all sheets (Game Title, Copyright, and Composers) and then post a link to the template on the OP. Then, people won't have to go through the hassle of doing that themselves every time. Plus, the format would be more uniform when you compare it to normal NSM music. Your text right now is in the right places; we just need to change the formatting a little.

I can't wait to help with this thing! I'm really sad I never actually played through the entirety of Newer. Once I finish up all the other stuff I have promised to do, I'll get to this. Promise!
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

skiaak

Sorry. If Finale Notepad was portable, I would have made mus required instead of optional. I don't want to go around asking people to convert to mus for stuff like this.

TheMarioPianist

Quote from: skiaak on September 06, 2015, 12:17:47 PMSorry. If Finale Notepad was portable, I would have made mus required instead of optional. I don't want to go around asking people to convert to mus for stuff like this.
What exactly do you mean by "portable?" Finale is an easy, free program to install, and it isn't even hard to transfer from MuseScore to finale...
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player