News:

Found an issue in the Requests Board? Let Bubbles know!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXIV Postgame

Started by mikey, August 28, 2015, 08:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikey

Role reveal:
White-Dude
Blue-Dudeman
Black-BDS
Red-Brawler
Green-maelstrom

Game log:
Night 1- nothing happens.
Day 1- Dude is lynched.  Dude was white.
Night 2- Maelstrom seers Dudeman blue.  Dudeman uses his Power Steal targeting Brawler.  Dudeman steals black team's vigi.  Brawler uses his charismatic power.  Brawler dies.  Brawler's Revenge Shot power becomes active.  Dudeman dies.

Thoughts:
Brawler was on point with his dude lynch, that's for sure.
Was surprised the information powers weren't used night 1.
As far as balance goes maybe the revenge kill is a little broken, but if a black/green player had died the game would have ended in another player's favor.  Other than that I think changes I could have made would be to allow dead players to use powers.  GG everyone!
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Is this signup for the next round? I'm in!
Quote from: Altissimo on August 29, 2015, 12:00:16 PM
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

TWC+Dude already determined you weren't allowed into the next game.  I'd recommend reading up on the rules first anyway before you play.
And no, this is the postgame.  That's why I called it the postgame
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Who is TWC, and why am i not allowed to play?  :'(
Since I haven't heard from her personally I don't wanna be like "YO HERE'S THE CHATROOM OK"

mikey

you broke the rules of TWG.  IIRC I actually broke the rule as well and wasn't allowed to play.
unmotivated

ThatGamer

Ah, darn. I will join 86 then! Thanks Noc!

BlackDragonSlayer

Wait... how did the game end?
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Red's enemies- White and Blue- both died
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

But Brawler was dead, and two players were still alive...?

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Maelstrom

mikey

The rules clearly said:
The game ends when a team's enemies have died.
unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

But it also said this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 25, 2015, 09:27:20 AMA team wins when a team's enemies have been eliminated.  More than one team may win.
Granted, the outcome would have been essentially random anyway, given the number of players remaining.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 28, 2015, 08:32:24 PMGranted, the outcome would have been essentially random anyway, given the number of players remaining.
picture this:  Had you died and nobody else, then you all voted for dudeman the following day, both the red team and the green team would have won at once.  I guess it's not as easy to understand if you're not as familiar with the color pie mechanism of magic.
unmotivated

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 28, 2015, 08:00:50 PM1. White-  Enemies are Black and Red.  White's powers are Guardian and Exile.
2.Blue- Enemies are Red and Green.  Blue's powers are Power Steal and Roleblock.
3.Black- Enemies are White and Green.  Black's powers are Vigi and Revive.
4.Red- Enemies are White and Blue.  Red's powers are Revenge Kill and Charisma Boost.
5.Green- Enemies are Blue and Black.  Green's powers are Coroner and Seering.

Players-
1. BlackDragonSlayer
2. Dudeman
3. Brawler4Ever
4. Maelstrom
5. Dude
The game has ended!  Red team wins!  Congratulations brawler4ever!

I was red. My targets were blue and white. All three of those colors died. Of all of the possible combinations allowing for a victory, only white and blue was met (aka mine). Nobody had a victory condition for both red and blue to be dead, or for red and white. If they had, they would have also won.

As for the Dude lynch, it was almost completely random. I assumed that Dude would be least likely to defend himself by the end of the phase, so it wouldn't draw attention to the fact that I was pushing the game forward, and make myself a more likely target.

It's funny how neither Dudeman nor I made a specific action to kill eachother, but we both died anyway. :P

And of course, this was all due to my 1337 skillz. 8)
Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: Brawler4Ever on August 28, 2015, 09:50:26 PMI was red. My targets were blue and white. All three of those colors died. Of all of the possible combinations allowing for a victory, only white and blue was met (aka mine). Nobody had a victory condition for both red and blue to be dead, or for red and white. If they had, they would have also won.
My question is/was why that ended the game, given that:
1: You died at the same time.
2: There were still players alive who had victory conditions that could have reasonably been fulfilled.
That's unusual for a game of this nature, and it would have been helpful if such a situation would have been clarified beforehand.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber