News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

A story a la ze Fallout universe

Started by Pianist Da Sootopolis, August 25, 2015, 09:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So, even though I took a creative writing seminar last semester, I still probably suck, so anyone who wants to help contribute is welcome to :D
Prologue and or first chapter being written basically now.
Oh, also, I'll write a "Comments On" thread once the first bit of writing is up (whatever I end up calling it).
Edit: my internet just went down, but have no fear! I saw the warning signs and copy pasted it to a notepad (not finale, lol) file, so the prologue should be up soon!
what is shitpost

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Prologue- (you don't need to read this, just a lot of background information)

The year is 2399. The continental U.S. has become habitable again- but the people it used to house are anything but willing to make nice again. An exploration team managed to recover electronic copies of the Constitution, but the original copy recovered by treasure hunter Sydney in 2277 has been lost. Many people are migrating to northern Canada, one of the few places whose resources were not seized by the U.S. before the Great War.
In the remnants of Portland, Oregon, two powerful militias reside. The first, a group of intellectuals trying to piece together history up to their lifetime, and trying to reestablish a government. They're well equipped, backed by the remaining members of the Brotherhood of Steel. They are known as the "Iron Star". Their flag is commonly flown all across the remnants of Portland's streets.
Underground, however, with subways that can still function if need be, are another powerful faction. They're a cunning band of fighters, fighting for complete control over Portland. They use deceit, lying, bribery, and murder to achieve their goals. They are known as the "Established Leaders of Portland", a name owing to the fact that their founder, Adam Hales, was a descendant of one of the last governors of the city.
Back in 2387, the two groups had a major battle. The Established Leaders were driven underground, originally having control over the city, but at the cost of many civilian causalities. As part of their defensive tactics, they sent out a squad of 30 agents to recover historical records on holotapes, and brought them back into the remnants of a vault that was only accessible through the subways, having been partially buried due to faulty construction in the back of the foundation. The Iron Star's top fighters intercepted three of these agents, unable to retrieve any information out of them before inevitably dying. The holotapes recovered were stored in the Star's archives.
Several of the entryways to the underground railways were destroyed, leaving just a handful of original entrances. Due to the explosives used in the battle, several parts of the subways are unstable and prone to collapsing upon sudden structural changes (ie being hit with a bullet or explosive).
Energy weapons, which used to be a standard issue weapon, are now in extremely rare supply, as are their ammunition, energy cells. A single energy cell, one shot, is worth 50 bottle caps now, nearly twice their value in 2281 when Gun Runners, arguably the biggest single supplier of arms and ammunition, was just reaching their peak.
Bullets, however, are increasingly common. Iron Star engineers have come up with ways to make the bullets themselves from scrap metal and bits of junk, gunpowder still being mixed by many.
But these two factions aren't the only ones fighting. Inside the home of an abandoned piano studio, off of Overton, three men and two women sat in the basement, performing their nightly ritual of finding new places to infiltrate the subway.
what is shitpost