News:

Subscribe to our Twitch Channel!

Main Menu

Dream Theater

Started by DreamTheater123, July 24, 2015, 09:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Goodnight Kiss was my boyfriend's favourite quickly as well, just as Solitary Shell. He loved seeing me singing along with The Test That Stumped Them All ;3

mayastarr041

Quote from: Bloop on July 28, 2015, 04:56:49 PMGoodnight Kiss was my boyfriend's favourite quickly as well, just as Solitary Shell. He loved seeing me singing along with The Test That Stumped Them All ;3
Oh yeah! I like your style! And I just checked out Octavarium too. Really liked it. I liked the song Octavarium when the singer starts screaming, "Trapped inside this Octavarium!" The last time being major ecstasy to my ears.  :)
Hero of Trains is the BEST! Love you girl!

Bloop

I could start a whole wall of text of trivia about Octavarium, but I won't. There are so much musical references to eachother.

Tobbeh99

Solitary Shell is so good! It sound so happy lol. Probably my favorite on the album. But they are all good, the only one I don't like that much is Goodnight Kiss. Sounds too slow and boring to me. But the ending is nice because then you start to hint Solitary Shell which comes after it. :)   
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

It was slow, but didn't the guitar solo and the sound of a woman crying get to you?

Tobbeh99

The guitar solo sure is sweet, the really paid much attention to the woman crying, it's hard to hear if you're not listening to the song with headphones. I also like, after the first part of the guitar solo, that there is a part of "War Inside my Head". And I like listening to this song before Solitary Shell because of the ending being kind of an intro to Solitary Shell.   
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

So you like Solitary Shell that much? Possibly your most favorite song?

Bloop

The lyrics from Goodnight Kiss are one of the first songs from SDoIT I understood. It's about a postpartum depression (depression after someone died), specifically a mother who lost her little daughter. The guitar solo part with all the voice overs (the woman crying, evil laughs) is about a nightmare or something; The evil laughter is from a doctor, who (in the eyes of the mother) didn't do enough to save the child ("Those bastard doctors are gonna pay").

i got hit by that though i love emotional songs, and this one is certainly one of them. My favourite song for quite some time too. I prefer this one over Solitary Shell I think. Not to say that one is bad, it's awesome for sure. Music's all happy and stuff and lyrics about autism and it's quite cool.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 29, 2015, 02:42:07 PMSo you like Solitary Shell that much? Possibly your most favorite song?

Favorite song from the album: yes, but About to Crash is also good. 
Favorite Dream Theater song: hmm maybe.
Favorite song ever: emm to hard to judge since there are so many songs I could pick, but one of my favorites.

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

Then, what about the first have of the album? What do you think of the glass prison? Misunderstood? and the rest

Tobbeh99

Quote from: mayastarr041 on July 29, 2015, 03:16:06 PMThen, what about the first have of the album? What do you think of the glass prison? Misunderstood? and the rest

I think I've only listened through that one time. The glass prison is really good. 

10/10 tobbeh

mayastarr041

Oh yes it is very good. Though, what do you think of Dream Theater's song being like over 10 mins long? It's sweet, but they could make more bits using shorter songs. I'm not judging though, they're still pretty good.