News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXII: File Island Post Game

Started by davy, August 06, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

@BDS, I'll just quote myself.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 02, 2015, 02:35:01 PMWait, so BDS really had absolutely no idea what was going on? BDS had a wolf handed to him on a silver platter (fank basically telling him he wasn't blue), but because BDS didn't read the thread (the thread saying fank was confirmed not green), he assumed fank was green and told him he was the guardian.

I swear humans don't deserve to win this game at all. This is so stupid.

I can't speak for anyone else, but my main reason reason for siding with fank was "BDS couldn't of been that stupid to think fank was green, it must just be a hole in his defense because there's no way out of his situation."

Also, sorry bubbles, I should of been more clear in my online stalking PM. Bralwer was sending a PM, when I asked him about it, he said he sent it to you.

Anyways, that was kinda silly really. This game was incrediblyo human sided but we mstly lost to account to people being completely clueless (and this is why complicated games won't work on NSM, but I digress.)
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

fank009

Some quick stupid thoughts to address Qs with a book coming later.

BDS's lynch was basically capitalizing on his unawareness, and thats the argument I somewhat pushed (he did have a point about me stalling at times but the other point about it being opportunital was not true (but still wolf indicative anyway)

I found brawler on D2/N3... after noct showed me that log he had. I sent him a private chat telling him tips to wolf and from there it was openly accepted we were partners.

after we killed jiji, we needed 2/3 recruits (our codename for those reborn) to flip up in order to stand a chance.

after we lynched BDS we had majority, (me/latios/brawler) even with bubbles vigging me, if we wolfed bubbles humans would have needed 2 coinflips to win rather than just the one.

Olimars death post, Nocts death post, Fanks death post, all contained some kind of telling information

Bubbles logic that I may have not been original betamon after I was vigged (um wouldnt you have taken the bait?)

All the blue starters were stupid (- bubbles but in hindsight...). Olimar wasted vigs, BDS being self indulgent and dude not giving a care.

even with 50% flips after rebirth (for wolfing/vigging) it was possible in the long run to turn all the red green. although we would need all hands on deck and pokes above statement.
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

FireArrow

Honestly, I should of gone after you fank when you were the only one ambivalent about me and my plan. It's really a shame though, humans had a guaranteed win because davy didn't balance the game around the "PM everyone" exploit.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bubbles

Quote from: Latios212 on August 06, 2015, 11:54:06 AMLol yeah Brawler contacted me after fank died, sorry [emoji14]

I blame Dude
Oh lol so I never really had a chance

Latios212

Well we didn't have the extra votes so if you and Dudeman had ganged up on Brawler it would have been left to a 50/50 kitb.
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

fank009

Quote from: FireArrow on August 06, 2015, 04:04:46 PMHonestly, I should of gone after you fank when you were the only one ambivalent about me and my plan. It's really a shame though, humans had a guaranteed win because davy didn't balance the game around the "PM everyone" exploit.
well on 1 hand, I wanted to win as a human,
on the other hand... had to win as a wolf...
and thats a rant for the book.

Quote from: Latios212 on August 06, 2015, 04:25:54 PMWell we didn't have the extra votes so if you and Dudeman had ganged up on Brawler it would have been left to a 50/50 kitb.
hindsight

Dudeman

I played pretty awfully this game, sorry guys :-\ Don't know what was running through my head...
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

fank009

time to write a book.

this game was... (can't find anything to say about it.)

Lets start off at the beginning, as FA said, it was STUPIDLY Human sided. not to mention everyone was named, wolves had nowhere to hide (literally) after 3 days. not to mention every other broken thing. Jiji being able to help someone choose a path. why take anything else when 1 path is a guaranteed human? Seer/Guardian no less. don't get me started on the whole playing to your role condition. Rip Palmon, always lynched when necessary. finally, IMBO everything was too fixed and slow. once you turn red you stay red and what not. powers were too slow, wolves strength in numbers and finally, the course of being a wolf. Too much of it felt like a pachinko board on wether you turn wolf or not. as noted before jiji was broken in the sense that everyone can systematically be a human. Jiji being a human with those mechanics you have a conflict of interest as there is no way that jiji would let possible wolves evolve. we could have had a situation where all teh red were turned blue. And then we have wolf stratergies. well - human stupidity, there is no way for wolves to win, as a wolf. The starters would all be lynched eventually, and why kill jiji when you know there is only 2 wolves alive. getting recruits in is the best way to grow numbers. then when you are sure of the numbers, then you kill jiji and control everyone with the lynch. the only other way was to fluke jiji N1. even then, you have the sacraficing palmon and Named claims and what not to surpass.. you can bet after reading everything I was like, lets go for a human win. a part of me wanted to be vigged/wolfed during the first two nights so that I could lead humans to victory. it was so stupidly one sided.

A few fixes I would have implemented...
quicker turnaround
more death
less jiji direction (even if it did happen eventually)
less pachinko for wolves
Less named humans
More Green powers (a few powers could easily have gone to greens)
more uncertainty to alignment.

Why is it with all of davys games...
Quote from: fank009 on July 14, 2013, 02:45:49 PMIt was an interesting concept, unfortunately humans needed everyone to play :/
Quote from: Dudeman on August 06, 2015, 05:14:29 PMI played pretty awfully this game, sorry guys :-\ Don't know what was running through my head...
nah you did alright, I can name at least 8 people who played worse than you.
Namely the blues though.
I mentioned it before but W... T... H???!!!???
This is definitely prolly the most humansided game we have had in a long time, where victory was anything but assured, and then the blues messed it up (each in their own way) Olimar, your vig shots sucked and even if killing people over and over again seems like a good idea, you weren't doing anything to help wolves, Dude... eh I lost interest talking to you. BDS... as been said 1000 times, if you didnt know what was happening. I feel sorry for FA, he built everything up and we were sitting on a platter to end it, but some poor power decisions made it practically useless.

I think with all the odds against me, I did allright, dunno why I decided to claim blue though as betamon. that extra vote would have helped... (not really)
best way to go through the game in my eyes is to go day by day.
Night1: go for the early kill, get the guaranteed kill so that you won't be killed n1. so that wolves actually have a chance. Why latios? I was hunting for a green... Blue's turned to reds eventually, and if we had a tonne of green starters around at D4, (when seers came into play) we were screwed. (mind you blue starters were just as bad)
Day1: "palmon should claim" (well shit.) so much for trying to gain numbers. I feel lynching latios was worth human points (and was) the whole idea of claiming was bad and all of a sudden I found myself at the tail end of 5 green claims.
night2: as much as I wanted to wolf bubbles, I let my partner wolf (mostly wanting to be hit)
Day2: 2 greens hit, 50/50 shot in who my partner was, I was waiting for someone else to claim, I feel my reasoning was sound.)
Night3: caught up with brawler, and Noct stopped talking to me, so I was a bit sus that he might kill me xD (... lellers) I dont know what happened to the kill... we were at BDS first, then he claimed.
Day3: this was a scrape, I feel like we had enough though so glad that we were able to pull through and get the mislynch
Night4: was looking for some misdirection, had latios claim, thought I had FA at first but when I found out he wasn't (never asked) I was scared, then latios claim then everything was better. as stated, should have shot bubbles for a better (statistically) chance but I was able to cause enough confusion in order for us to win.
Day4: I realised the fact to wolf bubbles for the double coinflips, and I was singing DOOM all day even after the lynch.

will get another post of awards/winners losers and other thoughts

mikey

unmotivated

fank009

Something I forgot to mention, what was happening with mine/noct/olimars death posts. They were all terrible

Dude