News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

TWG LXXXII: File Island Post Game

Started by davy, August 06, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davy

Congratulations, Wolves.

Role Reveal:
Brawler   Kunemon-->Kuwagamon-->Vademon
Fank      Betamon-->Seadramon
Latios      Gabumon-->Tsunomon-->Elecmon-->Tokomon-->Kunemon-->Kuwagamon
Dudeman   Penguinmon-->Shellmon
Bubbles   Palmon-->Koromon-->Agumon-->Greymon
Nocturne   Patamon-->Tsunomon-->Kunemon
FireArrow   Elecmon-->Koromon-->Gabumon
Olimar   Agumon-->Greymon
Dude      Jijimon
BDS      Biyomon-->Birdramon

Well guys, firstly I want to thank you all for playing my game. I was prepared that players would drop out the moment they saw my game, because last time I tried to host this game, I couldn't get even close to enough players, so I was pleasantly surprised with the activity this game.

Unfortunately, since I was unsure wheter this game would actually start, I did not had a closer look at the game and see if I should have ballanced it more and I appologise for that. As fank pointed out, there were numerous ballancing mistakes in the game and had I paid some attention to the game, at least some of them could be prevented.

The human team was very good on track during the first day phase. Unfortunately, it went downhill from there. I can understeand Dude's mistake, but Olimar's vigi seemed very wierd to me. Olimar did manage to hit a wolf right thereafter, so that's a bit of a compensation. BDS' lynch went wrong on two fronts: BDS not noticing fank's chatlogs and FA and Bubbles incorrectly assessing fank's vagueness of his claim. The human team also made another mistake twice (which is a mistake I tend to make often too), which is assuming helpful players are automatically human. Summarised, I give credits to the human team for comming up with a strategy in this very complicated game, but their play thereafter had a lot of flaws.

While the human team is mainly blamed for the outcome of this game, the wolf team's efforts should not be underestimated. Fank and Brawler did a very good job in seeming human by actively adding to the strategies, even despite it might have hurt them more than it would help them. Although their wolf choices weren't always superb (mainly the night 4 wolfing), they managed to control the game once the humans let it slip from their hands.

I will grant mvp to both Brawler4Ever and fank009. While fank was the wolf that mainly came up with the strategies, Brawler did just a bit better in blending in with the humans.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Latios212

First one dead, last one standing....

Well played, Brawler. *claps*
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Dude

Olimar12345

my strategy: vigi noc until he's a wulf, then vigi him summoar.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Brawler4Ever

Even when everyone else has gone,
I will punch the punching bag until a game comes on. XD

10 years later. Still Brawling!

Bubbles

Humans were either guaranteed a win or screwed depending on latios's team :P gg wolves, kinda wish I was never reborn and got to join you guys

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: Bubbles on August 06, 2015, 10:38:39 AMHumans were either guaranteed a win or screwed depending on latios's team

The same could be said of the wolves; it was impossible for me to kill you, Dudeman, and Latios with you being the vigi. The ENTIRE GAME was decided by Latios' rebirth.

Seriously. What WERE the chances that you would come back a vigi? We had that game in the bag until that moment!  ;D

mikey

It was so horrendously obvious that brawler was a wolf that he should have died immediately

I knew there was a chance that fank wasa wolf so I sent in a wolfing pm with his name immediately after phase change and was not surprised when he wasn't wolfed

Overall well played by red, except for brawler

If I could have changed anything I would have pushed ajiji lynch for day one
unmotivated

Bubbles

Latios did you know brawler was the wolf or did you genuinely vote for Dudeman?

Latios212

Lol yeah Brawler contacted me after fank died, sorry [emoji14]

I blame Dude
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

Brawler4Ever

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2015, 11:07:39 AMIt was so horrendously obvious that brawler was a wolf that he should have died immediately
Says the guy that got vigi'd twice in a row. ;)

Also, I was the last living starter in the entire game. I can't say how well I played a wolf (As you said, it was probably horrendous) but I can say that it worked. And I won because of it. So at this point, you can say whatever you want about me, and I won't care.

Plus, this was my first game as a wolf in roughly 7 years, so I'm completely open to constructive critique. But if you're going to throw crap at me like this:
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2015, 11:07:39 AMOverall well played by red, except for brawler
I'm just going to ignore it.

Have fun enjoying a victory that I handed you on a silver platter! ;D

Dude

Honestly, jiji should have been a wolf role and been able to choose who he could change but have a 1 or 2 day cooldown idk

It definitely would have made it more interesting imo.

fank009

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 06, 2015, 11:07:39 AMIt was so horrendously obvious that brawler was a wolf that he should have died immediately

I knew there was a chance that fank wasa wolf so I sent in a wolfing pm with his name immediately after phase change and was not surprised when he wasn't wolfed

Overall well played by red, except for brawler

If I could have changed anything I would have pushed ajiji lynch for day one

You did WHAT???

Anyway got a book to write which I'll write later on after I finish assignments
I come for the sheet music but stay for the ...

BlackDragonSlayer

I'm genuinely surprised that nobody saw all of the obvious flaws in Fank's argument, especially his so-called claim.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber