News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

[NES] Super Mario Bros. 2 - "Overworld" (Replacement) by TheMarioPianist

Started by Zeta, August 03, 2015, 10:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Super Mario
Game: Super Mario Bros. 2
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Overworld
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: TheMarioPianist

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Edit (existing arranger remains)

[attachment deleted by admin]

TheMarioPianist

I feel like I'm committing a mortal sin by conjuring up a replacement to one of Deku's arrangements. Anyway, I only changed one thing. Put swing at the top. In my opinion, it makes it easier to read. I don't think I've changed the original sound at all, but if you were to check anything it would be the beginning of those tremolos (that aren't actually marked as tremolos). I think they're OK, but you might want to double check them just in case. If there is any reason that the exclusion of swing was intentional, please let me know. I am by no means any kind of expert here. It just looks more pleasing to my eyes.
"I'm always here to help. Except when I'm not." ~Latios212

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

Don't forget about the URL! Also the title on page 2 shouldn't be bold. Also also the tied eighth notes in measures 15 & 23 should just be quarter notes.

Edit: will check the rest later.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Sebastian

Here I made a few changes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iel5nbqz8d5a4j0/Overworld.musx?dl=0
What I did:

Fixed Measure distribution and some formatting.
Fixed some Accidentals.
Added some Courtesy Accidentals.
Fixed the BPM which is 200 not 180

On part of the second page there is octaves that are way to fast and it is not playable. I didn't fix that.....maybe Olimar has some ideas for that.
Nice Job! :)

TheMarioPianist

Thanks for that! I completely forgot to even check the formatting. I just saw that the top of the page was right and incorrectly assumed that the rest was fine. Now about those octaves...they are obviously not playable...or are they?

No, this is not me (of course). Yes, I realize that the AVERAGE pianist probably cannot do that. I know I can't. We'll see.

By the way, are there enough changes to warrant an "Edited by" label? Or is this replacement still mainly cosmetic and should not have one?

"If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable." ~Donald J. Trump

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Sebastian

I guess the octaves could stay then :P

And yes. I do think "Edited by" is completely reasonable for you for this sheet.

Olimar12345

Now that I am home and able to mess with things, I have found more things to comment on! In addition to the things I mentioned in my above post, enharmonic discrepancies and text alignment issues still protrude from the on-site file, so those need to be adjusted. There were also quite a few wrong notes still in the LH throughout the piece as well. Also, upon further inspection of the original, it appears that the repeated octaves in measures 33-34 (RH) aren't always in octaves.

I've made the adjustments to everything I have mentioned so far, and they can be seen below. (couldn't view your musx mlf - sry)

[MUS] [Midi] [PDF]

And on the contrary, I don't feel that there was enough done to warent an edited section. That'd be similar to me wanting to put an "edited by Olimar12345" on it for the things I fixed above, in my opinion. (which I don't normally do d: )
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

TheMarioPianist

Ok, I think I caught everything. New files are up. You might wanna check my text alignment; couldn't open up your mus to get them exactly, so I made my best estimate.

Transcriber
M-updater
Piano player

Olimar12345

I fixed the files for you and updated the links. This one is good to go.

Zeta