Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: August 12, 2015, 08:37:09 PM

mikey

unmotivated

mikey

Edited for (slight) cleanliness
unmotivated

FireArrow

Ah, I missed the part where you explained which team got which power.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

BlackDragonSlayer

I figured I'd stick with something simple, in this case, a variation of a manhunt (I'm not sure if something like this has been done before). Can add more players if necessary.

TWG LXXXIII: The Marked One

Wolves:
1: The Sinister One: Wolf. He knows who the Marked One is.

Humans:
2: Human: Normal Human.
3: Human: Normal Human.
4: Human: Normal Human.
5: Human: Normal Human.
6: Human: Normal Human.
7: The Forgotten One: When the Sinister One dies, The Forgotten One is offered the choice to convert into a wolf before the Marked One. If he chooses to do so, the public is not informed. Does not know the identity of the Sinister One or the Marked One. If the Marked One is dead, becomes a wolf instantly.
8: The Marked One: Counts as a human, but wins with the wolves. Knows who the Sinister One is. When the Sinister One dies, he becomes a full wolf. The public is informed when this happens. However, if the Forgotten One becomes a wolf, he becomes a normal human (winning with the humans) instead.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on August 07, 2015, 04:20:38 PMTWG LXXXIII: Convergence Zone

All lynch votes are messaged privately to the game host.

Colored Cardflips are in effect.

Wolves:
1. Tridus: Has a one-use vigilante upon death.
2. Blind: Can seduce one character each night phase to force them to vote during the following day phase for whatever player Blind chooses. Cannot use her power if Deaf uses hers.
3. Deaf: Wolf Roleblocker. Can prevent the Seer from using their power during any Night phase. Cannot use her power if Blind uses hers.
4. Cil: Starts on the side of the wolves and has the wolf win conditions, but is told he is a normal human. Wolves are not told Cil's identity. If Cil is lynched, he flies into a rage and kills one other player selected at random. In the thread it is publicly announced that "Cil flew into a rage and killed <role>!" Cil's player is messaged "You are Cil. You have killed <role>." If Cil publicly claims his role at any time from this point forward, he switches to the human side and gains the human win conditions.

Humans:
5. Agrith: Is told he is a normal human. If he dies, Tridus dies without using his vigilante UNLESS Agrith is killed by Cil's rage.
6. Vintash: Is told she is a normal human.
7. Othek: Is told he is a normal human.
8. Rofut: Is told she is a normal human.
9. Tirall: Is told the identities of Cil, Jogul, Tridus, and Blind/Deaf, but not which is which.
10. Sekka: Immortal Seer. If Sekka is wolfed, his spirit will leave his body and inhabit a random, normal human who will become the new seer. The new seer will remain green. This power transfer only occurs once.
11. Jogul: The Fool. If the Fool dies, the game is over and the Fool wins UNLESS Jogul is killed by Cil's rage. Jogul is immune to wolfing on Night 1. If Jogul is wolfed on Night 1, it will be announced that "Jogul avoided an early demise!" and he will survive. Is told he is the Fool.

Elements:
Each human (including Cil) possesses an element. If a player votes to lynch a player who is weak against their element, their vote will count for double.
- Agrith: Fire. Double against Cil and Jogul.
- Vintash: Wind. Double against Othek and Agrith.
- Othek: Water. Double against Agrith and Tirall.
- Tirall: Earth. Double against Vintash and Sekka.
- Sekka: Lightning. Double against Othek and Jogul.
- Jogul: Jungle. Double against Tirall and Rofut.
- Rofut: Stone. Double against Cil and Sekka.
- Cil: Ice. Double against Vintash and Rofut.

Wolves who aren't Cil know each other.
Wolves win if all green humans (excluding Cil) are killed AND the number of wolves is equal to or greater than the number of remaining humans. If this condition is met while Cil is aware of his role and is still a wolf, Cil may choose to remain a wolf and win automatically OR join the humans to try and lynch the wolves.
Humans win if all the wolves are lynched/killed.
Jogul wins if he is killed by something other than Cil's rage.

btw this is based on an original universe of mine so don't bother looking it up

This game is for 11 players, even if you count the replacements we still have only 10 players (because somebody needs to host).

Wolves and Jogul are overpowered. I'd suggest making Jogul immune to wolvings at all and combining deaf and blind into a single role.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 07, 2015, 04:51:34 PMTWG LXXXIII: Magic the Gathering

For 10 Players
There are 5 teams of 2 players, representing the five colors of mana- White, Blue, Black, Red, and Green.  A team wins when its enemy colors have been defeated:
White vs red and black
Blue vs green and red
Black vs white and green
Red vs blue and white
Green vs black and blue

Each team has multiple thematic powers to be used at night.  Each power can be used only once, and only up to one power can be used each night.
White- Revive, Guarding, Roleblock
Blue- Seering, Painting, Roleblock
Black- Vigi, Revive, Painting
Red- Vigi, Wolfing, Revenge shot
Green- Guarding, Seering, Revenge shot

Victory Conditions
-
Each color wins as soon as their 2 enemy colors have been defeated.  Multiple allied colors may win at once.  The game ends once at least one team wins.

If you want to use the color white please add glow to it to make it readable.

Blue is severely underpowered (kind of like that draft I played the other day). Painting is the worst power in the game, a one use seering isn't that good either and roleblocking is potentially awesome, but only potentially. Red is very powerful with 2 (3?) night killings, but that is balanced out because they don't have a defensive power. White has a lot of defensive potential but no offensive power. Black has both of them but only one of each. Green is essentially a worse version of Black. Although I said white is quite strong, it will have problems fighting both red and black. In other words this game is in favor of Red and Black while Blue is at a disadventage.

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on August 08, 2015, 01:21:15 AMI figured I'd stick with something simple, in this case, a variation of a manhunt (I'm not sure if something like this has been done before). Can add more players if necessary.

TWG LXXXIII: The Marked One

Wolves:
1: The Sinister One: Wolf. He knows who the Marked One is.

Humans:
2: Human: Normal Human.
3: Human: Normal Human.
4: Human: Normal Human.
5: Human: Normal Human.
6: Human: Normal Human.
7: The Forgotten One: When the Sinister One dies, The Forgotten One is offered the choice to convert into a wolf before the Marked One. If he chooses to do so, the public is not informed. Does not know the identity of the Sinister One or the Marked One. If the Marked One is dead, becomes a wolf instantly.
8: The Marked One: Counts as a human, but wins with the wolves. Knows who the Sinister One is. When the Sinister One dies, he becomes a full wolf. The public is informed when this happens. However, if the Forgotten One becomes a wolf, he becomes a normal human (winning with the humans) instead.

A two-wolf-eight-player-menhunt is usually in favor of the wolves. I'm not sure how to balance this, however.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: davy on August 08, 2015, 03:05:38 AMA two-wolf-eight-player-menhunt is usually in favor of the wolves. I'm not sure how to balance this, however.
I was hoping more players would sign up.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

mikey

Quote from: davy on August 08, 2015, 03:05:38 AMIf you want to use the color white please add glow to it to make it readable.

Blue is severely underpowered (kind of like that draft I played the other day). Painting is the worst power in the game, a one use seering isn't that good either and roleblocking is potentially awesome, but only potentially. Red is very powerful with 2 (3?) night killings, but that is balanced out because they don't have a defensive power. White has a lot of defensive potential but no offensive power. Black has both of them but only one of each. Green is essentially a worse version of Black. Although I said white is quite strong, it will have problems fighting both red and black. In other words this game is in favor of Red and Black while Blue is at a disadventage.
tried to make it like the card game
apparently it worked
unmotivated

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on August 08, 2015, 03:05:38 AMThis game is for 11 players, even if you count the replacements we still have only 10 players (because somebody needs to host).

Wolves and Jogul are overpowered. I'd suggest making Jogul immune to wolvings at all and combining deaf and blind into a single role.
lol Blind and Deaf were originally one role before I split them up because I thought the wolves were underpowered. Edited all.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Hey Davy if I changed the seer to reveal a random enemy player would that make blue stronger
unmotivated

Liggy

I'll sub if it's not too late!

Mashi

Poll is up for 48 hours.

davy

@Dudeman:
I have realised that your game is kinda hard to balance. If Tirall knows who all the non-humans are, he also knows who all the humans are, enabling humans to race the wolves to victory by lynching a wolf each day phase. Limiting his power makes the wolves very strong, unfortunately, because then humans can be dead on one mislynch (wolf a human, lynch a human, wolf a human and it's 3 wolves against 3 humans). In order to balance that, humans should have the possibility to keep the numbers in their favor. The easiest way to do that in my opinion is giving the other normal humans a power that they aren't aware of. For inspiration for powers like that, I suggest looking at TWG 77

In short, my suggestion is to limit Tirall's power and to give the normal humans powers to control the numbers.

@NocturneOfShadow

Even if that makes blue stronger, blue is still left without kill and without protection.

I think it is better to start from a balanced prespective and going thematic from there than the other way around.

A balanced faction game with three powers has a vigi, a guardian or reviver and a seer. Or interpreted more widly: a kill role, a protection role and an insight role. Since the insight role is the least powerful of the three, it can also be substituted by another power.

A kill power would correlate to creature removal.

Black has a very easy time removing creature due to a large amount of destroy spells like Terror and Doom Blade. A vigi seems fitting for a color like that.

White has very good removal as well with Swords to Plowshares and Path to Exile. Both of these removal instants exile the creature, so white's kill should make it impossible to revive the target. Also, both of these cards give an advantage to the opponent, so you could make that player's teammate (or if he has no teammates left, a random ally) vote count for 1,5 the next day phase or something like that.

Once a creature has entered the battlefield, blue's most reliable way of removing it is by bouncing the creature and then countering it on the next turn. This could be translated into TWG by marking a player during the night phase, who will be killed during the next night phase. Also, blue would have to skip their next night phase action, because bouncing and countering are two actions.

This leaves red and green both of which have conditional removal. Red's removal is in the form of burn, which is dependent on the thoughness of the creature it wants to kill. Green's removal is in the form of the fighting mechanic, with cards like Prey Upon, which is dependent on the power of the own creature. Translating this to TWG is harder without adding a power/toughness mechanic. The only reasonable thing I can think of is using the number of votes from the last day phase to determine power and toughness and basing red and green's removal on that.

That means that in order from best to worst removal we'd have:
1. Black unconditional removal=White unconditional unrevivable removal with a downside
3. Red and Green conditional removal
5. Blue removal that takes two night phases

Protective powers would correlate with protective abilities.

Green has one very important protective ability which is shroud (or hexproof, not much of a difference here), giving them targeting immunity. Targeting immunity can easily be implemented in TWG. Moving on.

White's most important protective ability is protection from a color. Translating that to TWG would be night phase immunity to a color and immunity to votes from that color during the next day phase.

Black's most important protective ability is regenerate, translating easily to guarding. Reviving would also be an option for Black, but since black already has the strongest kill spell, I think guarding is more balanced.

If blue wants to protect its creatures, it would just throw a counterspell against anything that threatens it. Translating that to roleblocking would be easy, except roleblocking is much less powerful than a counterspell, because a roleblock in TWG is a shot in the dark, while a counterspell is a response to something that is certain. To end up somewhere in the middle between those two I was thinking about roleblocking  a color rather than a player.

That leaves red, which doesn't protect its creatures. Red does have a theme of using a creature for one turn, which translates to dead players reviving oneself for a single day phase.

Seeing how reviving doesn't seem like its going to play a big role, that weakens white's removal. So the updated removal would be:
1. Black unconditional removal
2. White unconditional unrevivable removal with a downside
3. Red and Green conditional removal
5. Blue removal that takes two night phases

Protection from best to worst would be:
1. Green untargetability
2. White protection during night and day phase from one color.
3. Black guarding
4. Blue roleblock one color
5. Red revive for one day phase

Adding those two together makes:
Black: 4
White: 4
Green: 4
Red: 8
Blue: 9

Which means there is quite a difference in power between BWG and UR. This can be balanced by giving red and blue a very powerful final power, while giving white, green and especially black a weaker final power. Therefore I'm dropping my idea of giving each color an insight power.

The most powerful TWG power for blue would be stealing. Translating that to TWG: pick a player during the night phase, for the rest of the game you control that player's vote during the day phase and can force the player to not use a power during the night phase (any more control over would be pushing it and is more of a black thing anyway).

Red wants to end games quickly, either by direct damage or creature damage. The latter of which can be acomplished by firebreathing. Firebreathing translates to TWG as vote manipulation for one phase. The most balanced vote manipulation seems to me as having the choice between a) doubling the player's own vote and his partner's for one phase and b) tripling his own vote for one phase.

White is the color of the masses. I don't want white to interfere with the vote count because that would immediately make white too powerful. What remains to preserve the masses is an extra protection power. Since white already has a protection power, this one can be weaker then the previous one. Since white is not focused on the individual, I was thinking of guarding a non-white player.

Black is the color of the individual, of sacrificing others for his own gain. A fitting power for a color like that would be sacrificing its partner to vigi a player.

Finally green, the color for which I find it incredibly hard to find a fitting power for it. I mean, what kind of power could represent natural processes? I've decided to settle on a coroner power for the night phase and the following day phase because death is a natural process, so green won't prevent it but does like to research it.

This creates the following set of powers.
White- Exile, Protection from color, Guard nonwhite.
Blue- Marking, Roleblock a color, Player Control
Black- Vigi, Guarding, Sacrifice teammate to vigi
Red- Conditional Vigi, Revive for one day, Vote manipulation for one day
Green- Conditional Vigi, Targeting Immunity, Coroner

I was expecting this to still be inbalanced once I gave it another look, but it looks surprisingly balanced to me. It does make the game much more difficult however, so I leave it up to you which of these changes you want to use.
[davy]'s in a way different time zone so basically he pops in at like 2 AM and posts 500 words and wins the game

Dudeman

Quote from: davy on August 11, 2015, 06:30:41 AMIn short, my suggestion is to limit Tirall's power and to give the normal humans powers to control the numbers.
Would limiting Tirall's knowledge to just the identities of Jogul and Tridus work? That makes it a 50-50 shot at who's the wolf. And I'll work at giving the humans powers; thanks for the suggestion.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

Davy,I like most of those changes and will balance them, but protection isn't in magic anymore.  Also I feel that a sacrifice to kill could also be red, and that black and white have enough revival forit to be  thing.  But for those of you voting,I will change most of the powers to Davy's idea if it changes your vote
unmotivated

davy

Quote from: Dudeman on August 11, 2015, 07:55:15 AMWould limiting Tirall's knowledge to just the identities of Jogul and Tridus work? That makes it a 50-50 shot at who's the wolf.
That would work. You could also give him knowledge of the immortal seer or a couple of specific humans (since they are going to get powers anyway) to make guessing the wolf harder.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on August 11, 2015, 08:57:25 AMDavy,I like most of those changes and will balance them, but protection isn't in magic anymore.  Also I feel that a sacrifice to kill could also be red, and that black and white have enough revival forit to be  thing.  But for those of you voting,I will change most of the powers to Davy's idea if it changes your vote
Center Soul was released in Dragon's of Tarkir and gave protection from the color of your choice. Red doesn't really sacrifice to kill, but sacrifice to burn (Goblin Bombardment for example). While that is a form of removal (pretty conditional removal however), black is clearly better at it (Bone Splinters for example).
Black and White do have a lot of revival, but reviving is just so extremely powerful in TWG. White however gets barely any reanimation under 4 cmc. The only low cost reanimate card for white is Angelic Renewal, which is activated immediately after the creature dies, which makes it functually the same as guarding. As for Black, most of its cheap reanimate comes with a life cost, so if you want to go for a revive for black I suggest you add an additional cost to it.