News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

[DELETED] [NES] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project - "Scene 2 - Surfing" by Jean Of mArc

Started by Zeta, July 29, 2015, 04:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Other
Game: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project
Console: Nintendo Entertainment System
Title: Scene 2 - Surfing
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Jean Of mArc

Tobbeh99

I fixed this as I did with your other submission. I cut the tempo in half and thereby changed the note values, 225 is way too fast 110 is appropriate. Also added some slurs and stuff.

here it is:
[ZIP]
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Jean Of mArc

You obviously know a lot more about Finale than I do; I wouldn't know how to change the note values automatically (or did you do it manually)?

I prefer having a tempo of 225 with eighth notes than 110 with sixteenth notes, as I find it easier to read, and it's technically the same speed of playing either way.

I have a lot of other sheet music that I've done this way, so if there's a way to change it automatically I'd like to know, as it would take too much time to do it all manually.

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Jean Of mArc on July 30, 2015, 10:14:18 AMYou obviously know a lot more about Finale than I do; I wouldn't know how to change the note values automatically (or did you do it manually)?

Don't know if you can do it in notepad, probably not. But in Finale 2014 full version here's how you do:
1) Highlight the part you want to change note values in
2) Utilities > Change > Note Durations..
3) select how much you want to change the note values. Higher percentages gives longer note values, Lower percentages gives shorter note value.

Quote from: Jean Of mArc on July 30, 2015, 10:14:18 AMI prefer having a tempo of 225 with eighth notes than 110 with sixteenth notes, as I find it easier to read, and it's technically the same speed of playing either way.

I'm pretty sure the 110 is the "right" tempo, but I'll wait and let other people express their opinion first. 225 is an extremely fast tempo, just listen to the metronome: http://a.bestmetronome.com/

Also not sure about the if the note spelling is right. Measure 5 the Cn should probably be B# and measure 4 left hand those An should probably be Gx.(my version)

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Jean Of mArc

Thanks for the tip on how to change the notation quickly! I have an older version of Finale full I got when I was a student and it has this feature.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 30, 2015, 11:14:43 AMI'm pretty sure the 110 is the "right" tempo, but I'll wait and let other people express their opinion first. 225 is an extremely fast tempo, just listen to the metronome: http://a.bestmetronome.com/

You're absolutely right, 110 is more reasonable, however I usually prefer a score that's easier to read, and having eighth notes instead of sixteenth aids in that endeavor. As I mentioned, it would end up being played the same speed.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on July 30, 2015, 11:14:43 AMAlso not sure about the if the note spelling is right. Measure 5 the Cn should probably be B# and measure 4 left hand those An should probably be Gx.(my version)

B# is probably correct. I always avoid double sharps/flats if I can avoid it.

Bespinben

Quote from: Jean Of mArc on July 30, 2015, 01:51:29 PMYou're absolutely right, 110 is more reasonable, however I usually prefer a score that's easier to read, and having eighth notes instead of sixteenth aids in that endeavor. As I mentioned, it would end up being played the same speed.
There's a simple solution to this:
110 HALF notes per minute in Cut-Time.

This will preserve your current notation, and still be correct.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Tobbeh99

Even if you're going to use your version with probably 2/2 half note = 110 as Bespinben said, you can still add some things I fixed like:
glissando at the end of measure 15
measure 16-17: use some staccato 8ths, it makes it easier to read. Maybe also do this in the last two measures.
Slurs, if you feel like.

10/10 tobbeh