Console: Wii U
Title: World 1
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Bespinben

Hey! Nice job here. All this SM3DW hype is convincing more and more to get it.

A good rule of thumb to follow when it comes to formatting the composer info is that if the "Composed by" lines starts to crawl under the Title and Subtitle, you should divide the composer info into two (or more) lines.

As for your transcription, you're missing a few parts, and making up some as well. The melody isn't in octaves, but take out the lower octave you have, and you now have room to insert the piano chords you omitted. There's also a banjo part you should listen for (ex: the end of m. 1).
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 12:48:00 PMHey! Nice job here. All this SM3DW hype is convincing more and more to get it.
Yes you should! It's a masterpiece of a game.

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 12:48:00 PMA good rule of thumb to follow when it comes to formatting the composer info is that if the "Composed by" lines starts to crawl under the Title and Subtitle, you should divide the composer info into two (or more) lines.
Sorry about that. I'll fix that asap.

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 12:48:00 PMAs for your transcription, you're missing a few parts, and making up some as well. The melody isn't in octaves, but take out the lower octave you have, and you now have room to insert the piano chords you omitted. There's also a banjo part you should listen for (ex: the end of m. 1).
Forgive me for being a little headstrong, but I don't really like adding a ton of voices. Super Mario 3D World has a lot of voices in their music and adding a bunch or even all of them seems unnecessary to me.....like in the Super Bell Hill song which, frankly, sounds ugly with all those voices. I guess I can add them but how should I add the missing piano chords?

Bespinben

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 24, 2015, 12:56:26 PMForgive me for being a little headstrong, but I don't really like adding a ton of voices. Super Mario 3D World has a lot of voices in their music and adding a bunch or even all of them seems unnecessary to me.....like in the Super Bell Hill song which, frankly, sounds ugly with all those voices. I guess I can add them but how should I add the missing piano chords?
We're on the same page. I'm fairly certain I said from the start of my critique of Super Bell Hill that I actually LIKED cqk328's original arrangement. However, NSM is about exact transcription, so I had to put on my "Updater Cap" anyway despite my personal feelings.

Quote from: mariolegofan on July 24, 2015, 12:56:26 PM.....like in the Super Bell Hill song which, frankly, sounds ugly with all those voices. I guess I can add them but how should I add the missing piano chords?
See, that's the problem I have with your position -- you're assuming something will sound ugly if all the parts are crammed together without actually experimenting first. This is why I advocate the "trim the fat" methodology. It's a lot easier to start big and cut down the fluff than to start small and have to expand (much like clothing alterations).

Identify the piano tones, and then move them up a few inversions so they fit within the RH handspan. They're just about the same rhythm as the melody, so it can be written in the same layer.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 01:12:08 PMHowever, NSM is about exact transcription,
It does involve some arranging too I believe ;)

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 01:12:08 PMIdentify the piano tones, and then move them up a few inversions so they fit within the RH handspan. They're just about the same rhythm as the melody, so it can be written in the same layer.
I'll do my best!

Sebastian

Bespinben

Wonderful. Love how much classier it sounds now. Instant grade bump.

Adding the banjo isn't much work at all really (for both the arranger and the performer). Here's measure 1:

The banjo line is the only part in the intro that has that Gb, so it definitely contributes to the harmony.

Here's measure 3:

A single 8th note on beat 1.5. That's it. Nothing hard about that right? (There are similar figures @ m. 5, 7, & 9)

Where I WOULD omit the banjo line is at m. 6 and m. 10. It gets really crazy there, and both hands are already fairly busy. This is what I mean about trimming the fat.

Sebastian

Whoops XD
I forgot about the Banjo part :P  I can easily incorporate that.

Sebastian

Quote from: Bespinben on July 24, 2015, 02:29:00 PMWonderful. Love how much classier it sounds now. Instant grade bump.

Adding the banjo isn't much work at all really (for both the arranger and the performer). Here's measure 1:

The banjo line is the only part in the intro that has that Gb, so it definitely contributes to the harmony.

Here's measure 3:

A single 8th note on beat 1.5. That's it. Nothing hard about that right? (There are similar figures @ m. 5, 7, & 9)

Where I WOULD omit the banjo line is at m. 6 and m. 10. It gets really crazy there, and both hands are already fairly busy. This is what I mean about trimming the fat.

Fixed!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot