News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

[NDS] Professor Layton and the Curious Village - "The Adventure Begins" by Bloop

Started by Zeta, July 24, 2015, 01:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Professor Layton
Game: Professor Layton and the Curious Village
Console: Nintendo DS
Title: The Adventure Begins
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Bloop

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bloop

Sebastian

Excellent work!
2 things
-The bass doesn't sound like it is being held for 3 beats like you have it but sounds like it's being cut off on beat 2.
-The MF is colliding with the note in measure 1.

Bloop

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 07, 2015, 04:58:21 PM-The bass doesn't sound like it is being held for 3 beats like you have it but sounds like it's being cut off on beat 2.
i beg to differ sir
The music box is a pretty hold-y instrument, and making every bass note a quarter note just makes the sheet messier and the song emptier. I'd like to have it as it is. There is a pizzicato bass in the background though, but I decided to leave that out.

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 07, 2015, 04:58:21 PM-The MF is colliding with the note in measure 1.
i feel stupid for updating three files just for that little space but fixed

Sebastian

Quote from: Bloop on August 14, 2015, 01:22:50 PMi beg to differ sir
The music box is a pretty hold-y instrument, and making every bass note a quarter note just makes the sheet messier and the song emptier. I'd like to have it as it is. There is a pizzicato bass in the background though, but I decided to leave that out.
Good point.....but this is a piano and not a music box. I was just thinking of the transcription side of the arrangement but what you have works! :)

Bespinben

Distribute the measures between the systems as 4 4 4 5. This will utilize that empty space at the bottom of the page, and will look more organized. Hypermeter mah boi.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Bloop

Quote from: mariolegofan on August 14, 2015, 07:50:17 PMGood point.....but this is a piano and not a music box. I was just thinking of the transcription side of the arrangement but what you have works! :)
I think sound is more important than note-length accuracy in this case

Quote from: Bespinben on August 14, 2015, 09:16:32 PMDistribute the measures between the systems as 4 4 4 5. This will utilize that empty space at the bottom of the page, and will look more organized. Hypermeter mah boi.
Fixed!

Zeta