Console: PC
Title: Talking (Busy)
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: McDucky

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

*Accidentals -- Change all the following:
~E natural --> Fb
~B natural --> Cb (you have a Cb and a B natural in the same measure @ m. 6  ???)
~G natural --> A double-flat

*I noticed you wrote con pedale, but I think there's a better way to imply your pedaling. Are you familiar with this style of notation?
Spoiler
[close]

Notice how the LH accompaniment has a sustained 2nd layer bass tone while the 1st layer arpeggiates far above a normal handspan's stretch? This is because the notation is implicitly implying pedal usage, without actually having to write that. This is a convention that dates back to Debussy and Rachmaninoff.

Some other tidbits:
*Use ottava markings pwease (8va)
*Spell syncopated rhythms like @ m. 19 to always show the 3rd beat (dotted quarter, 8th-tied-quarter, quarter)
*Be consistent about your measure distribution. Are you going to do 3 measures per system, or 4 measures per system? Don't flip-flop back and forth unless there's a good reason to do so, like if perhaps there was a large 16th note run that needed some extra space.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

McDucky

Quote from: Bespinben on July 21, 2015, 11:29:05 AM*I noticed you wrote con pedale, but I think there's a better way to imply your pedaling. Are you familiar with this style of notation?
TIL, thank you senpai  ;)

Finale automatically fixed the accidentals, I locked the measures to 3 per system and implemented the new pedal notation (hopefully correctly).

Quote from: Bespinben on July 21, 2015, 11:29:05 AM*Spell syncopated rhythms like @ m. 19 to always show the 3rd beat (dotted quarter, 8th-tied-quarter, quarter)
From what I can tell, that's the only such rythm and it's now fixed.

Bespinben

The newly added 2nd layer bass tones in the LH are misaligned. I'm guessing you probably added the 2nd layer first, and then made the 1st layer a rest, whereas you should have done it in reverse. Finale automatically pushes the 2nd layer slightly sideways when two layers are unison. Just delete and re-enter all the 2nd layer notes, and it should fix itself.

FireArrow

Quote from: Bespinben on July 21, 2015, 11:29:05 AM~G natural --> A double-flat

No, correct me if I'm wrong but:

Gb Major -> Bb Minor -> Bb Diminished -> ??? -> Ab Minor -> ??? -> Ab Minor 7

Wouldn't Eb Dominant 7 and  Eb Augmented (respectively) make more sense in that chord progression? If you transpose it to C major, it's relatively easy to see (flats are really annoying >_>): C major -> e minor -> E diminished -> Adom7 ->D minor -> A+ -> dmin7

Also, change the C naturals in the R.H. to Dbb's, they're descending chromatics.

Edit: ...I didn't intend for those to be smiles. .-.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Bespinben

I was rushing, so I used a blanket statement for accidentals. Measure 5 SHOULD be a G natural, but that's the only place. Measure 7 however is a different story -- it can't be Eb(aug) because that would mean you'd have to spell the Cb as B natural, which is a no-no since it's part of the key signature. There are multiple ways to spell the same augmented chord depending on what you choose to be the root, so since we know Cb must be Cb, that eliminates Ebaug, leaving us with Gaug, Abbaug, and Cbaug.

Gaug must be spelled as G-B-D# --- (D# must be Eb [key signature])
Cbaug must be spelled as Cb-Eb-G (possible candidate, but doesn't fit the progression)

The only one left is Abbaug, which if you think about it, the root would be derived from Neopolitan of Gb major.

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Olimar12345

mm. 5 & 13 Abb's should be G's, yes. And for the record, B naturals aren't a no-no in Gb major. You can have them, they're just an augmented third.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Olimar12345

I really like this arrangement! A few more changes are needed though:

-change the C natural in measures 5 and 13 (RH) to Dbb's, then preferably add a courtesy flat on the Db's in the next measures (6 and 14).

-the title on page two doesn't match the title on page one, so change it to match. Don't forget to add the quotation markings, too!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Bespinben

Quote from: Olimar12345 on July 27, 2015, 09:55:49 AMI really like this arrangement! A few more changes are needed though:

-change the C natural in measures 5 and 13 (RH) to Dbb's, then preferably add a courtesy flat on the Db's in the next measures (6 and 14).

-the title on page two doesn't match the title on page one, so change it to match. Don't forget to add the quotation markings, too!
Done:
[MIDI] [MUS] [PDF] [MUSX]

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by Bespinben.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot