News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

General Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Started by K-NiGhT, July 10, 2015, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maelstrom

Tobbeh99

Quote from: Maelstrom on September 11, 2016, 08:18:56 PMApparently we're going to set up weekly tournaments here in my college, and maybe probably stream them. The best guy we've got on campus is ranked 8th in Pittsburgh, but, to put that into perspective, the #1 guy in Pittsburgh is ranked 49th worldwide. I'll probably attempt and miserably fail.

The #1 ranked Melee player in my region (Stockholm) is arguably #1 in the world, lol. Still, it's worth playing against really good people, you'll learn how to play "better" when playing with tougher opponents.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Maelstrom

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Tobbeh99

tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

Anyone want to try playing some smash U with me

I have a room set up
unmotivated

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on September 12, 2016, 01:03:02 PMThe villain himself, Leffen.

hbox, armada, and mango would like to speak with u
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

braix

Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

mikey

Online smash sucks and their ranking system is absolute garbage tier
unmotivated

mikey

Anybody down for some smash U before I go work?
unmotivated

mikey

unmotivated

EFitTrainr

Played a friendly set with my dorms 2nd best player ;0

I like food.

Tobbeh99

So there is a tournament now in Gothenburg (Sweden) called BEAST 7. The biggest tournament-series in Europe (you could say). Last year I think we had over like 600 or maybe even 700 people attending the tournament. And this time I still think we have many people there, but I'm not attending so I don't care much.

But to get to the point. Isai won the Smash 64 tournament but this day there are more important tourneys, namely the Sm4sh tournamnet and the Melee tournament. I'm more interested in the Melee one. I prefer actually Sm4sh. It feels "Newer" and has more characters, more balance and ... it just feels more "fresh". But I am more intressted in the results of the Melee tournament. And that is because Both Leffen and Armada are participating! So it's a bit of rivalry between Stockholm (Swedish east-coast) and Gothenburg (Swedish west-coast). Leffen is from Stockholm and Armada is from Gothenburg. And I'll cheer for Leffen, being from Stockholm. But... I got a "bad" feeling that Armada will win this... Because... the tournament is in His home town. So.. he pretty much got some "home field advantage". But ... it is as it is... Leffen might like win some other day, when nobody expects him to win, like beating Mang0 and Armada at Beast 5, and then beating like everyone in the USA (Except PP, lol). But if Armada wins the singles, I'm pretty sure that Ice and Leffen will win Teams. Like Armada and Android winning teams And Armada winning singles.. feels too good to be true. But we'll see what happens.

The Sm4sh tournaments are also exiting this year. Usually Stockholm has been The Only place where we had good smashers from. I mean to the point where I was called "The Best Dark Pit in Sweden". And I was like... I don't even win tournaments and is called "Best Dark Pit in Sweden". I mean .. .doesn't make any sense, really. But this time the Swedish crew battles in Sweden were Stacked! There were so many good players there, it's crazy! And we'll see who takes it in Sm4sh. I think Mr. R will win, but maybe there is someone who can challenge him for the golden 1st place. Idk. I haven't kept up much with the Sm4sh scene in Europe. :D

Fun tournament! Hope I'll have a chance in Summer in participating in a Smash tournament. I've been too busy working, atm. :D

10/10 tobbeh

mikey

I bought smash 3DS last night with the birthday discount and not regretting it so far.  Hmu if you wanna play
unmotivated

ThatHiddenCharacter

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 30, 2017, 05:10:27 PMI bought smash 3DS last night with the birthday discount and not regretting it so far.  Hmu if you wanna play
The one time I'm not with my 3DS...
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter