News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

General Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Started by K-NiGhT, July 10, 2015, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K-NiGhT

Wish I could be watching ._. At least I'll have time to watch Melee semifinals tomorrow. Then a friend is having a grill out Sunday for Top 8 Melee
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

MaestroUGC

Quote from: K-NiGhT on July 17, 2015, 06:18:01 PMThen a friend is having a grill out Sunday for Top 8 Melee

That is the most depressing, socially positive statement I've ever read.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Waddle Bro

Maelstrom

What a good grand final.
Personally, I'm glad it didn't end up in a Sheik ditto.

And it's pretty cool that 7 of the top 8 mained different characters.
Even Wario.

K-NiGhT

I missed Smash 4 :/ but I heard ZeRo won, which doesn't surprise me at all. The man is just so dominant.

In other Smash related news, Top 8 is actually looking pretty good. Armada (Peach/Fox), Hungrybox (Jigglypuff), Plup (Sheik/Samus), and PPMD (Marth/Falco) are in Winners. Losers is being headed by Leffen (Fox), Axe (Pikachu), Mango (Fox/Falco/Captain Falcon), and Chudat (Ice Climbers). This is a really crazy diverse Top 8 for Melee. We've got a total of ten different characters potentially being represented, which for a game with like 3 consistently viable characters out of a pool of like 26 is almost unheard of. I can't wait to see where it goes.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

KefkaticFanatic

I watch the one that's actually technical and exciting to me :P

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on July 19, 2015, 01:58:12 PMI watch the one that's actually technical and exciting to me :P
Those ice climber wobbles are just stupid. I won't deny that Melee is very technical, but I just like Sm4sh better.
Keep in mind that Sm4sh's metagame isn't even a year old yet.

KefkaticFanatic

That samus and pika play tho

But that's fine, I just find the game boring to watch unfortunately :B

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

I've been watching that stream. That last mango vs hb match was intense, but it kind of looses impact when you realize mango SD'd twice.
There were some really good sm4sh matches yesterday, but there were also some boring ones.

KefkaticFanatic

It's not that things might or might not lose impact because of somebody fucking up, it's more the inherent gameplay of smash 4 is just too slow and defensive for my tastes.

I just care about seeing these impressive plays and super fun to watch matches, and that's pretty much consistent :D

me irl
[close]

Maelstrom

I wouldn't say that Smash 4 is slow, but it is pretty defensive and people get KO'd at much higher percents.
I guess it's just a matter of taste.

Dude

Maelstrom