Link's Awakening Remake

Started by cashwarrior1, February 13, 2019, 03:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 16, 2019, 08:55:22 PMI don't think we should think of the new remixes as "better". Maybe "creative", "clever", or "does the original justice" would be more fitting?
Well in some aspects you can see better=creative=clever.
The no.1 Star Fox nerd in Ninsheetmusic

LeviR.star

Look, Wolf,

Take this with a grain of salt, but I see remakes as representations of their own time. Link's Awakening on the Game Boy was made under the limitations of its hardware, and pushed the boundaries of what could be put on a cartridge. Now, 26 years later, they're bringing back the same core game, but with graphics and sounds that don't have to be compressed, shrunk, or simplified. If you were comparing one game that you would consider better than the other, you would analyze the originality of the gameplay concepts, music, characters etc. that stood out from other games of the era. This remake isn't being made to render the original obsolete; it's being redone with respect to those who worked on the first version, updating graphics, music and other niceties to allow a newer generation of young gamers to enjoy it.

Is anything that I'm saying making sense here?
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

cashwarrior1

That's how they handled the other remakes, too. Though pretty much every other remake was just a graphical update a few technological tweaks, so this seems like it's already a major upgrade.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Wolf on February 16, 2019, 09:28:47 PMWell in some aspects you can see better=creative=clever.

I agree. Just because it's a remake for a modern console doesn't mean it can't be better or worse. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are better than Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! are worse.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

"Better" and "worse" are opinions.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

mikey

Quote from: SlowPokemon on February 17, 2019, 02:12:10 PMI agree. Just because it's a remake for a modern console doesn't mean it can't be better or worse. Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen are better than Pokémon Red, Blue, and Yellow. Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Let's Go, Eevee! are worse.
woah now let's slow down here
unmotivated

LeviR.star

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2019, 02:14:48 PM"Better" and "worse" are opinions.

This should go without saying. Thank you, Olimar.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements

mikey

Quote from: LeviR.star on February 17, 2019, 03:47:09 PMThis should go without saying. Thank you, Olimar.
maybe yours are
if I say something is better it's better ok
unmotivated

Olimar12345

Quote from: mikey on February 17, 2019, 08:59:18 PMif I say something is better it's better ok

Nah I think you're thinking of me
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

cashwarrior1

Quote from: Olimar12345 on February 17, 2019, 09:40:54 PM
Quote from: mikey on February 17, 2019, 08:59:18 PMif I say something is better it's better ok
Nah I think you're thinking of me

Haha, actually that sounds like me