News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

ポッ拳 Pokkén Tournament

Started by Bespinben, July 03, 2015, 11:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

I realized we don't have a thread for this. Let there be one.

In recent news:
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

DonValentino

omg imagine a full pokemon game for the Wii U with these grapichs, like a Red/Blue remake *¬*

Anyway, I'm still concerned that there's no official confirmation of a Wii U version. It's been forever since it was announced, and an announcement at E3 was the most logical thing. Hopefully we'll hear about it soon.

On another note, I really hope this has more game modes than these battles and I hope the number of playable Pokemon is not too reduced. I recently played J-Stars Victories VS at a friend's house, and it has a very decent amount of characters being a similar battle game as PT, so I really hope Pokken Tournament does too.

TheDreamingHawk

Overrated Dragon is in, as I expected, but I'm really happy Weavile is in at least! One of my favorite pokemon. I had secret hopes for Articuno (My all time favorite) but it seems yet again I'm the only one who likes the Ice Bird Pokemon...

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

SlowPokemon

Wow yeah you're the only person in the entire world who likes Articuno
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: SlowPokemon on July 03, 2015, 01:16:29 PMWow yeah you're the only person in the entire world who likes Articuno

It's true though for the most part. I've never met anybody else in person who considers Articuno to be their all time favorite pokemon like I do. Barely anybody online remembers much about Articuno. I look through forums all the time to see what the most popular Pokemon are, and mostly people tend to remember Articuno as one of the following:

-Irritating boss in PMD Rescue Team
-The pokemon owned by a general in Pokemon Conquest
-That bird you can skip in RBYFRLG
-A Legendary that can't do much in competitive play.

It's always a Pokemon like Mega Rayquaza, Goodra. Lucario, Charizard, etc that everyone seems to love, yet it doesn't seem anyone remembers the Kanto Bird trio as much. Besides Ho-Oh I truly believe the Legendary Birds from Kanto are the most neglected Legendary Pokemon in general at the moment. That's why I'm very disappointed to see they didn't get their chance to shine in Pokken Tournament as I think at least one of them would have been a great fighter. I may like Articuno the most but I wouldn't mind seeing Zapdos or Moltres either.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

BlackDragonSlayer

And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

K-NiGhT

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 03, 2015, 05:18:07 PMMoltres was worse for me.
Articuno had Powder Snow, which hit everyone in the room. if you didn't have some sort of resistance to Ice, you were screwed.
Quote from: K-NiGhT on April 11, 2024, 11:54:48 AMwow, 20 years

*crumbles into dust and blows away in the wind*

BlackDragonSlayer

As I said, I did not have as much trouble with Articuno as I did with Moltres.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

FireArrow

I've seen some footage of Japanese tournaments and honestly it looked really scrubby. Imagine a casual pikachu ditto in brawl... that's what it resembled. I'm hoping it was just the players themselves and that the game has much more competitive depth.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

SlowPokemon

Quote from: BlackDragonSlayer on July 03, 2015, 08:05:34 PMAs I said, I did not have as much trouble with Articuno as I did with Moltres.

Yeah I agree.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

unmotivated

BlackDragonSlayer

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Waddle Bro

Shoutout to Articuno for being my main back in Red Rescue Team days

Bespinben

Holy...

Blaziken looks absolutely amazing.
(Game comes out in arcades tomorrow woop woop!)

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

JDMEK5

Quote from: TheDreamingHawk on July 03, 2015, 12:56:42 PMI had secret hopes for Articuno (My all time favorite) but it seems yet again I'm the only one who likes the Ice Bird Pokemon...
You haven't met my sister who has Articuno as her favorite.

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on July 04, 2015, 09:10:51 AMlol what lizardon
*Japanese name for Charizard*

Nintendo hasn't actually said anything about this being on a home console, has it?
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26