Altissimo's Hamtaro Arrangements (New 12/15 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky thing)

Started by Altissimo, June 30, 2015, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Great work!
Everyone has their pet franchises (or sometimes just their pet games- mine is currently switching between TES Oblivion and Pokemon colosseum, which I'm doing arrangements for), and yours makes its niche.
what is shitpost

DonValentino

Quote from: Altissimo on July 02, 2015, 10:13:19 AMYes yes I like it. I'm pretty bad at figuring out harmonies so I appreciate the addition of harmonies to the melody line quite a bit. Can't wait to see what you do with Hamour! (I have a version of it with articulations and dynamics I finished last night if you want to use that as a basis instead of the one I posted to the thread)

Glad you liked it!
Oh I don't really need it, but an updated version is always appreciated, so upload it if you want. :J

Altissimo

MIDI / MUS / PDF. I'll update the first post with these too. :D

DonValentino

Hmm I see... It's better, but please take a look again at m. 3, there's a big mistake there. I'd like you to practice on spotting mistakes and correcting them, it's a great step in arranging. Don't overthink it, it's nothing too complicated, but important and noticeable enough. Hint: listen to the original and compare. I'm positive you'll find it. ;J

Altissimo

It's the dotted-quarter, isn't it, should be a B-flat instead of an A? (And the subsequent notes, A and G instead of G and F.) Like I said, my first full video game arrangement, I'm not surprised there are some mistakes :p

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on July 02, 2015, 04:10:34 PMIt's the dotted-quarter, isn't it, should be a B-flat instead of an A? (And the subsequent notes, A and G instead of G and F.) Like I said, my first full video game arrangement, I'm not surprised there are some mistakes :p
Still a great arrangement. I'm also just starting to arrange, and my things look fine to me and then I get feedback from others (either here or via skype), and have easily another hour or two of work sometimes.
what is shitpost

DonValentino

Quote from: Altissimo on July 02, 2015, 04:10:34 PMIt's the dotted-quarter, isn't it, should be a B-flat instead of an A? (And the subsequent notes, A and G instead of G and F.) Like I said, my first full video game arrangement, I'm not surprised there are some mistakes :p

Yes, that's it ;)

Altissimo

The Hamour arrangement was done over a year ago, and I've been playing it (wrong) for so long that I got used to hearing the "correct" version as the version I was playing. It certainly does explain why I was hearing a dissonance in the piano part (F against E on the downbeat of m. 4) where none existed in the original, heh :p

Anyway, I've got a new arrangement here: Jingle's 2nd song from Ham-Hams Unite!
MIDI / MUS / PDF / Original on Youtube

I don't hear any harmonic layers other than these... though I'm not always good at telling which harmonies are ones I can hear versus ones my ear kind of assumes to be there. Regardless, I know the bass line is entirely correct because of a very careful method known as "playing the Musescore version alongside the original and listening closely for differences". I are best musician.

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: Altissimo on July 03, 2015, 08:42:50 PMI are best musician.
And a stellar arranger, but perhaps not the best linguist ;)
what is shitpost

DonValentino

Altissimo

Goodness, that's a very different arrangement from what I had. A lot better though. Thanks oodles! :p

Only problem is that it looks basically unplayable for me - on my home piano, anyway - because my right pedal is broken. :( Hopefully I can get better at it when I go back to school and can use those pianos!

Altissimo

New arrangement - Jingle's 1st song from Ham-Hams Unite.
MIDI / MUS / PDF / Original on Youtube (video's a tad glitchy)

Altissimo

And another - Sky Garden from Ham-Hams Unite.

MUS / MIDI / PDF / Original on Youtube
Any suggestions on how to handle the aesthetic presentation of the arpeggios would be appreciated. I think what I have works pretty well, but I'm always open to other ideas!

Bespinben

Really good job! In conjunction with the cross-staving, I would recommend using a solid line to connect the LH to and from the treble staff when you don't use cross-staff to connect back to the back to the other staff.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

Like so?

Anyway, I have a new arrangement: Jingle's Song from Ham-Ham Heartbreak.
MUS / MIDI / PDF / Original on Youtube
I could still use a little assistance with this one. I know the melody (sans the slides, which I haven't yet added) and the bass are correct, it's the layer of eighth-note triplets (if they even are triplets) that gets me, since it doesn't always sound right - not the pitches, which I know are correct, but the rhythmic placements. I'm also having trouble telling if there are notes on the beat of each of the triplets, since the melody moves on the beat and I'm not the greatest at hearing harmonies. Any comments would be much appreciated! :p