News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf - "K.K. Moody" by Devster44

Started by Zeta, June 25, 2015, 07:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta

Submission Information:

Series: Animal Crossing
Game: Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Console: Nintendo 3DS
Title: K.K. Moody
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: Devster44

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bespinben

Wow great first arrangement! Really diggin' the tune too.

*The key is D major (2 sharps). You call tell this from the m. 2 having a dominant chord built on A, which would resolve to the tonic D. There are also many F# and C# that would function diatonically within this key signature.
*Once you fix the key signature, change all the D# to Eb. The Eb's occur in conjunction with a D natural, forming a major 7th interval. You wouldn't spell that using both D and D# in the same chord. The Eb's function as a neopolitan of D major.
*M. 14 - You would want to spell out the rhythm in the right hand as dotted eighth then 16th-tied-8th, instead of dotted eighth then eighth-tied-16th

(I noticed your MUS file has some issues with the tempo marking, and has a ton of extra measures... did you perhaps write this in another program? We have a lot of Musescore users here that might be able to help ya out with exporting stuff)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Devster44

I'll get right on those ^-^!  I'm currently asking Zunawe to create a blank in A major for me (I already asked them earlier, but I didn't ask them to put it in A major and I hate having to ask someone to something nice twice >.<).  I also didn't even realize I'd put all those extra measures, I feel so stupid.  If I can get the correct blank, I'll correct all the accidentals and everything else you requested.  This is my first time transcribing so I really appreciate the criticism ^-^!  When I go to submit this, do I send it as a replacement, or do I just resubmit it?

Bespinben

Quote from: Devster44 on June 26, 2015, 11:36:45 AMWhen I go to submit this, do I send it as a replacement, or do I just resubmit it?
There's a tab that says "Edit Submission" above your post. Use that to switch out the files with the new ones.

(^o^)=b

Devster44

Oh, okay, thanks ^-^.  Hey, I changed everything over to A major, and even after readjusting the keys to where they belonged, everything sounded off.  So I tried changing all the now naturally sharp Gs and Cs back to naturals by adding... naturals.   By doing this, wouldn't it keep the song in A major, but just fill the whole thing up with naturals instead of sharps.  If that's the case, I have a lot of work to do.

Bespinben

When you changed the key signature, did it shift all the notes to a different place? You'll need to set it so it only changes the accidentals (which, now that I think about it, might not be possible in Notepad...)

Devster44

Yeah it did, and no I can't only change the accidentals.  I'm currently in the process of re-writing it in A major.  It shouldn't be too hard, I'll just look at my copy of the song in C major and change the accidentals as I go along.  Assuming everything goes well, I should hopefully have it done by tonight (I live in the U.S. and go by EST, so you may not see it till tomorrow morning in your time.  It's currently 4:11 p.m. where I am).  Is it possible to remove the current download links so that no one downloads the C Major copies from this post, btw?

Bespinben

Quote from: Devster44 on June 26, 2015, 01:13:12 PMYeah it did, and no I can't only change the accidentals.  I'm in the process of re-writing it in A major.  It shouldn't be too hard, I'll just look at my copy of the song in C major and change the accidentals as I go along.  Assuming everything goes well, I should hopefully have it done by tonight (I live in the U.S. and go by EST, so you may not see it till tomorrow morning.  It's currently 4:11 p.m. where I am).  Is it possible to remove the current download links so that no one downloads the C Major copies from this post, btw?

Don't go through all the trouble of re-writing the whole thing. I can just copy-paste it myself in Finale 2014, change the key sig without changing the notes, and ~Walla~ done in 5 seconds. I actually kind of want to do some aesthetic touch-ups myself to your sheet anyway (page sizing, measure distribution, pedaling, layer work, etc.)

Devster44

Alright, so are you just gonna use the .mus file that's already provided and create the pdf after?  Or do you need me to do anything is all I'm asking XD, I'm happy to help (and I really do appreciate your help in all of this as well ^-^)?

Bespinben

Here it is! Hope ya like it:

[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF]

And for the record, though it looks totally different now, I kept about 95% of all your original arrangement (the other 5% being the fixed rhythms, guitar chord voicings, and the octave transposition for the whistled section), so it's definitely still yours in every respect. I just tried to make it so that the beauty of the sheet engraving matched the beauty of your arrangement.

Devster44

Gah, thank you so much \(^-^)/!  Thanks for letting me know the majority of it still stayed with what I put, I was beginning to feel like I'd done the whole thing wrong XD.  It looks awesome and I think I'll have a much easier time playing it with the much more clear directions put in the music.  I'm gonna get these resubmitted right away :D!

Zeta

This submission has been accepted by DonValentino.

~Zeta, your friendly NSM-Bot