Series: Sonic
Game: Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Console: Sega Game Gear
Title: Final Boss
Instrumentation Solo Piano
Arranger: mariolegofan

Replacement Information:

Links to Existing Sheet: MUS | MIDI | PDF
Replacement Type: Challenge (new arranger)

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sebastian

Tobbeh99

Nice, we could need some new sonic sheets :). some thoughts:
1) measures 1-2: there are some pitched bass drums. You might want to add it to to make the first two measures less "empty".
2) measures 5,6,9,10: those slurs should end at the first note, not the tied note.
3) measures 16- 7, 20-21: I'd say that organ-like middle accompaniment is more important than the bass and that you should include that as the LH.
Quote from: Dudeman on August 16, 2016, 06:11:42 AM
tfw you get schooled in English grammar by a guy whose first language is not English

10/10 tobbeh

Sebastian

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 24, 2015, 05:43:22 AM1) measures 1-2: there are some pitched bass drums. You might want to add it to to make the first two measures less "empty".
I don't really like the pitches of that bass drum and left that out on purpose.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 24, 2015, 05:43:22 AM2) measures 5,6,9,10: those slurs should end at the first note, not the tied note.
I have always done my slurs like that in all my sheets and no one has had problem with that.
And:
"When slurs are placed over a passage that ends in a tied note, the slur sign should extend as far as the second note of the tie, rather than end of the first note. The principle involved should be obvious; the breath of the singer or wind instrumentalist, the bow of a string player, cannot stop at the first note if it is to be prolonged by a tie." (Music Notation: A Manual of Modern Practice, 267)
This really isn't applied to piano but I still do it anyway.

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on June 24, 2015, 05:43:22 AM3) measures 16-17, 20-21: I'd say that organ-like middle accompaniment is more important than the bass and that you should include that as the LH.
I think the bass sounds better through that section. It wouldn't sound quite as "whole" without that bass part.

Sebastian

DonValentino

1. Align the copyright and fix the justifications of the composer and arranger, as well as align them too. Also, maybe drag the title and subtitle a little higher
2. Add a legato in ms. 21-22 to those C-E-C too just for consistency.
3. m. 5, courtesy natural in first F of the LF, and in m. 7 you have both a G sharp and an A flat , the A flat should be a G sharp, and the next G should also have a courtesy accidental.

Fix this and it should be ready to go.

Sebastian

Zeta