News:

Want to request some new sheets? Head on over here first!

Main Menu

Metroid Prime: Federation Force

Started by Olimar12345, June 18, 2015, 09:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

Make your game disappointment shitposts, fan disappointment shitposts, or high-and-mighty, above-the-issue, genuine interest shitposts here, as to not clog up the Nintendo @ E3 2015 topic anymore.

As for my thoughts on the game:

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Maelstrom

MaestroUGC

Am I the only one completely baffled by the intense negative reaction to this? I mean it's looks to be kind of fun, and at the end of the day that's all I want from a video game. In fact, this looks like it might explore a bit more of the Metroid Universe, which is something I've been wanting to see since the series tends to only focus on Samus' wacky adventures.

Is this the kind of game we wanted? No. Some of was wanted either a new true-to-form Prime or Super Metroid. But this is a case of crucifying a game by name only. Plus, I've been wanting Nintendo to make some more co-operative adventures, and hopefully this will be online ready.

It's still got a year before it hits the selves, so I'm going to see what happens with it. I've never been a fan of crucifying a game before I get a chance to play it for myself.
Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Maelstrom

Why did people hate on Banjo and Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts?
Same reason.

MaestroUGC

Sure, but even then it wasn't until after I got my hands on N&B was it that I came to weep for Rare.

KefkaticFanatic

It looks like some poorly made low budget genero spaceman shooter to me, which is why I negatively react to it.  It looks like it's some bland title that just slapped on "Metroid" so it could sell.  I have no issues with a new franchise game being different than its predecessors, this just straight up looks not good.

Nuts & Bolts was an excellent title that only truly bitter folk could actually dislike.

me irl
[close]

BlackDragonSlayer

I think most people are mad that, after so many years, this is what they choose to represent the Metroid franchise.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Nebbles

Other M also wasn't super well recieved, and generally isn't liked. So this being the next title in the series too has made people really, really upset.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

MaestroUGC

You do realize that won't work, right? You're just wasting all of that rage that you could put into other, different meaningless activities.

If you want to make your voice heard, do it with your wallet.

Maelstrom

Quote from: MaestroUGC on June 19, 2015, 02:42:24 PMIf you want to make your voice heard, do it with your wallet.
If we buy it, we're sure to get sequel. If we don't, we won't see another Metroid game for 8 more years.
We can't win.

Bespinben

Worry not; I posted that in satire. I would be an absolute hypocrite to dismiss this game considering I am always trying to convince the internet to not dismiss PMD Gates to Infinity because of widespread negativity concerning it. That said, I'm still extremely skeptical.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Olimar12345

Quote from: Maelstrom on June 19, 2015, 02:52:05 PMIf we buy it, we're sure to get sequel. If we don't, we won't see another Metroid game for 8 more years.
We can't win.

Someone else gets it!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dudeman

Quote from: Bespinben on June 19, 2015, 02:54:38 PMWorry not; I posted that in satire. I would be an absolute hypocrite to dismiss this game considering I am always trying to convince the internet to not dismiss PMD Gates to Infinity because of widespread negativity concerning it. That said, I'm still extremely skeptical.
Aaaaaaaaand so someone did the logical thing and made a petition to stop the making of the petition to stop Federation Force from happening. Sheesh, this is going to cause the fans to fight each other more than Nintendo. I haven't seen anything so polarizing since The Wind Waker.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

mikey

It doesn't look like a Metroid game to me
not that I play Metroid games that often but whatever
unmotivated