News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainer Ave

Not at all a factor in my impression of it. As a kid I only completed the first half anyway because I lost the game.

Literally the only complaint I have is that arceus wasn't included.
YouTube Channel
Like hunting shinies?
Join my Discord server

Bespinben

A forlorn thread quickeneth
9 years since the Grand Tale was told
Time hath a-pined, for the Darkness within
Who shall proclaim its coming?

Happy PMD2 anniversary, nerds.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

cashwarrior1

I'm sorry, I don't speak "Bespinben".

Altissimo

Quote from: AmpharosAndy on March 30, 2017, 01:54:52 AMIs this still apnin? I see things too late. Definitely interested!

i missed this (for nearly a month lmao) but yes, updates are slow due to school but I am in fact playing a little of the game every day.

Bespinben

>Notices people posting in dead thread; feels happy
>Notices it's the North American 9th anniversary of PMD2 Time/Darkness (as of April 20)
>Notices that no one else noticed and feels miffed
>Decides to make a poem

That's how you Bespinben.

Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

mikey

Quote from: Bespinben on April 22, 2017, 05:18:02 PMA forlorn thread quickeneth
9 years since the Grand Tale was told
Time hath a-pined, for the Darkness within
Who shall proclaim its coming?

Happy PMD2 anniversary, nerds.
for those of you who don't speak Ben:
Happy 9th anniversary to explorers of time and darkness
unmotivated

Altissimo

btw i posted this in another thread a week or so ago but i am contemplating doing my masters thesis on the music of pmd if i can get away with it :v theres a bit to Say lol

mikey

I mean I would do my thesis on music of Zelda since like half the titles are related to music and neaarly all the games have musical instruments in them but hey I haven't really given this exact subject much thought
unmotivated

Altissimo

it's not so much about the existence of music as the music's relationship to theory (as backwards as that sounds)... plus i havent played zelda :v

cashwarrior1

Frickin' do all the music from this franchise!

Altissimo

it's probably best off if my thesis focuses on one game and right now I'm torn between PMD1 and PMD2. PMD2 has more music overall and has more leitmotifs than PMD1, as well as more contrasting dungeon themes owing to the greater number of dungeons in the game compared to PMD1, but I know PMD1's music better and already have a case outlined in my head for the tracks of Tiny Woods, Lapis Cave, and Mt. Blaze lmao

mikey

I think explorers has the best music of the series.  It's also got a super great motif
unmotivated

Altissimo

Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 22, 2017, 05:49:42 PMI think explorers has the best music of the series.  It's also got a super great motif

I agree with this very much

cashwarrior1

I'd say do pmd2 because 1) it's anniversary 2) it has an outstanding motif 3) you seem like you'd rather do pmd2 than pmd1

mikey

"Theses require research"
*Stays up until all hours of the night playing pmd*
"ITS RESEARCH"
unmotivated