News:

See you space cowboy...

Main Menu

General Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Started by K-NiGhT, June 18, 2015, 08:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Altissimo

Here's a question, Bespinben, do you know of the location of an English sub/dub of the Explorers of Sky special? My friend and I endeavored for a while to find it with no success :(

K-NiGhT

Quote from: Altissimo on July 04, 2015, 05:26:16 AMHere's a question, Bespinben, do you know of the location of an English sub/dub of the Explorers of Sky special? My friend and I endeavored for a while to find it with no success :(
to my knowledge, the Pokemon YouTube is the only place to find the specials anymore, and that's the Japanese dub.

Also I haven't gotten the chance to say this yet, but welcome! I see you got my message on the Nuzlocke Forums.
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on April 28, 2015, 06:48:06 PM
what are you doing stop making nsm a better place by spreading happiness

TheDreamingHawk

Quote from: Altissimo on July 04, 2015, 05:26:16 AMHere's a question, Bespinben, do you know of the location of an English sub/dub of the Explorers of Sky special? My friend and I endeavored for a while to find it with no success :(

They released it on a limited edition DVD that came with preorders of sky. I recommend checking Ebay for whenever it pops up. The EOT/EOD special shows up from time to time as well, which came with a limited edition DS Lite. However, Team Go-Getters is EXTREMELY rare, only being available as a DVD through Walmart preorders. I still don't have a copy of that DVD. All are region 1 only. Hope this helped!

Quote from: Bespinben on July 03, 2015, 10:07:27 PMMy long and arduous search for the original Japanese version of the "Team Go-Getters" anime special has now finally received closure... man was this great! I could actually take the proceedings seriously, unlike the horribly cheesy English dub. Charmander doesn't sound like a derp, and the whole scene with Team Meanies trapping Pichu inside the dungeon was pretty dark (no wonder they cut it out of the English!).

Fun fact: The special was in America first before it was dubbed to Japanese, since it was commissioned by Pokemon USA to promote the release in America, It didn't come over to Japan until 2007, so they likely had time to improve it then. Believe it or not the cave scene is in the USA version as well.

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Bespinben

This one is tough to find, but not terribly difficult -- you just have to be willing to dig through some of those grungy off-beat "watch anime" sites:

http://videos.bol.uol.com.br/#view/pokemon-mystery-dungeon--explorers-of-sky--beyond-time-amp-darkness-0402CC98336AD8995326

(this one is actually one of the most solid English uploads I've seen in a long time lol)
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Altissimo

YESSSS thank you Bespinben!! We spent like half an hour digging through fruitless Google searches to find it with no success. We're both huge fans of Explorers of Sky so this is super exciting!

TheDreamingHawk

Well unfortunately it seems my hopes for a PMD VC release on Friday are crushed. Other VC games are set to launch this week which means we won't be getting a sudden game release... I can at least hope for the future, or at least 3DS themes based off of older games in the series! Gah, I just really wish I could find the twitter account for SOMEONE from the PMD dev team to express our hopes. How do the Japanese give feedback to the developers, I wonder?

My Video Game review website: http://www.seafoamgaming.com

My Youtube Gameplay/retrospective channel: https://www.youtube.com/SeafoamGaming

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Oh my god... just finished explorers for the second times today... and I bawled. Holy fuck.
what is shitpost

Altissimo

So my starter in MD1 was Pikachu. Even now I use a Pikachu character to denote my self as a Pokémon... culminating in commissioning art of me!Pikachu :p

Also, I'm currently replaying Sky to create a textdump of the game's dialogue, as preparation for a fanfic adaptation I'm going to write. If anyone is interested in my textdump (I've beaten Dialga and am making my way through the postgame), I can send you part or all of it :p

Nebbles

Actually, that textdump might be handy if it's just game scripture. I like making headcanons/interpretations/etc. and having a script ready would be very neat.
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Altissimo

In addition to the script, it also contains little notes about characters' movements here and there because it's the basis for fanfic so I want to really know what everyone's doing :p

Nebbles

Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

Bespinben

Hero of Trains

Oh wow, that's really good! I have to say though, if that was how Sky Tower sounded in the game, nine-year-old me would probably have thrown her DS across the room!

Also, Altissimo, do you think I could have that script? I want to be able to quote another game besides Kid Icarus Uprising at will.
Quote from: Dudeman on May 22, 2015, 06:24:42 PM
See guys? Trains isn't nice all the time.
Quote from: also Dudeman
Trains is so nice that I'm sure she'd resurrect herself for a few minutes to compliment you back

Altissimo

Quote from: Hero of Trains on July 20, 2015, 05:52:59 PMOh wow, that's really good! I have to say though, if that was how Sky Tower sounded in the game, nine-year-old me would probably have thrown her DS across the room!

Also, Altissimo, do you think I could have that script? I want to be able to quote another game besides Kid Icarus Uprising at will.

I'm pretty close to being done with the whole thing - just started the Cresselia-nightmare arc. I will post when I'm thoroughly done so everyone who wants it can bother me for it :p but yeah, I don't mind handing it out at all!

Bespinben

I have and will always be thoroughly outclassed by the PMD Piano skills of Threelines3
(The dude rarely ever uploads, but boy, when he does, he DOES)

Based off of the track "Withered Savanna"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwWF-qT_Xe0